PDA

View Full Version : My parcel's nearly here .... !

picxie
08-20-2007, 03:50
My parcel from ST was sent on Saturday (your/their Friday) and now it's Monday night here and I can see from the UPS tracking thing that the parcel has arrived in Auckland. Yayyyyy! Although knowing the NZ postal system it could possibly take another 2-3 days to get down to me!!

Oh the excitment. It's just like Christmas. :comic11:

cgvmer
08-20-2007, 06:49
Too bad UPS doesn't have GPS tracking of packages..... lol

deepdiver47
08-20-2007, 07:09
Now pixcie, make sure that you bond with your gear before going in the water. That is you try it on in your bedroom and look at. Then you go to a mirror and look at yourself. Then take it off and adjust it, examine the quality, read the manuals etc... You know, bonding.

deepdiver47
08-20-2007, 07:09
whoa.....I'm over 250! :smiley16:

NitroWill
08-20-2007, 09:25
Congrats picxie..My gear is due in tomorrow too! Very exciting..

Vercingetorix
08-20-2007, 09:51
Every time I read these heart-warming posts about folks expecting their shipment from ScubaToys, I think to myself, "I live only 15 minutes from the shop"...then I laugh hysterically. Bwahahahahahaha...

Insensitive? Yes.

NitroWill
08-20-2007, 09:54
Every time I read these heart-warming posts about folks expecting their shipment from ScubaToys, I think to myself, "I live only 15 minutes from the shop"...then I laugh hysterically. Bwahahahahahaha...

Insensitive? Yes.

I only live 35 from some gorgeous ocean and diving sites so its ok with me :smiley20:

Vercingetorix
08-20-2007, 10:24
I only live 35 from some gorgeous ocean and diving sites so its ok with me
Zing!!! NitroWill FTW.:smiley32:

NitroWill
08-20-2007, 10:40
I only live 35 from some gorgeous ocean and diving sites so its ok with me
Zing!!! NitroWill FTW.:smiley32:

:nana:

dallasdivergirl
08-20-2007, 10:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix http://forum.scubatoys.com/images/bluepearl/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?p=29424#post29424)

Insensitive? Yes.

I only live 35 from some gorgeous ocean and diving sites so its ok with me :smiley20:

Nitrowill: you can come visit the Texans & we can come visit you.

It would be a great swap!

NitroWill
08-20-2007, 10:48

Yea, a great swap for you :smiley36:

dallasdivergirl
08-20-2007, 10:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdivergirl http://forum.scubatoys.com/images/bluepearl/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?p=29468#post29468)

Yea, a great swap for you :smiley36:

Hey you make it sound like there is nothing to do here!?!

There's plenty to do...plus we can take you out to clear springs scuba park so you can see where we get to dive locally.

NitroWill
08-20-2007, 11:03
There's plenty to do...plus we can take you out to clear springs scuba park so you can see where we get to dive locally.

That's ok...I prefer water over 70 degrees with vis more then 10 feet :smiley36:

dallasdivergirl
08-20-2007, 11:41

That's ok...I prefer water over 70 degrees with vis more then 10 feet :smiley36:

you are so darn picky!

Vercingetorix
08-20-2007, 11:55

Over 70 degrees? Pffft.

Miss DallasDiveGirl forgot to mention Athens Scuba Park with its 90+ degree aquamarine color water. Concerning viz...if you can see the end of your fin, you got GREAT viz.:smiley36:

This Saturday, our dive club had an Easter Egg hunt at Athens (yeah, Easter eggs in August...don't ask). We stirred up so much silt, viz was literally 3 inches.

NitroWill
08-20-2007, 12:00
you are so darn picky!

I prefer spoiled :smiley36:

NitroWill
08-20-2007, 12:01
Over 70 degrees? Pffft.

Miss DallasDiveGirl forgot to mention Athens Scuba Park with its 90+ degree aquamarine color water. Concerning viz...if you can see the end of your fin, you got GREAT viz.:smiley36:

This Saturday, our dive club had an Easter Egg hunt at Athens (yeah, Easter eggs in August...don't ask). We stirred up so much silt, viz was literally 3 inches.

Exactly why Ill stay here..the 20 foot vis last month in west palm was bad enough :smiley36:

picxie
08-21-2007, 04:21
It turned up today!! :comic11:

Very impressive - confirmed order on Saturday and received it on Tuesday, half way across the world!! I had to open it up at my desk (got delivered to work) and have a wee bit of a play ... although when the computer started beeping I thought I'd better put it away and check it out better once I got home.

Now just to get out there and use it all!!!

deepdiver47
08-21-2007, 04:40
wow, all the way to the land of oz in 3 days? that is a chore in the states. Just add water and you are ready to go

picxie
08-21-2007, 05:04
wow, all the way to the land of oz in 3 days? that is a chore in the states. Just add water and you are ready to go

"land of oz" .... oh no, you didn't just imply I am from Australia did you? :eek2:

I believe that's similar to me saying USA and Canada are the same thing. :bash: It's all a bit of friendly rivalry I'm sure :smilie40:

Yep - 4 days to get to New Zealand is very impressive!! :smiley20:

And I should comment - the last time I got a parcel from ST it took about a week and it went a different route ... surprise surprise, via Australia. Those Aussie :smiley35: must have been jealous of my goodies.

Xspect
08-21-2007, 06:23
enjoy your gear

JugglingMonkeys
08-21-2007, 06:42

"land of oz" .... oh no, you didn't just imply I am from Australia did you? :eek2:

I believe that's similar to me saying USA and Canada are the same thing. :bash: It's all a bit of friendly rivalry I'm sure :smilie40:

New Zealand... isn't that the south-eastern most state of Australia?
:smilie39:

deepdiver47
08-21-2007, 06:55

Yep - 4 days to get to New Zealand is very impressive!! :smiley20:

And I should comment - the last time I got a parcel from ST it took about a week and it went a different route ... surprise surprise, via Australia. Those Aussie :smiley35: must have been jealous of my goodies.

Yes I did! I knew that would get you Kiwis :). You are a different breed from those yobos. Sorry, i just couldn't help myself

JugglingMonkeys
08-21-2007, 07:19
Yes I did! I knew that would get you Kiwis :). You are a different breed from those yobos. Sorry, i just couldn't help myself

Yobos!!??!!

now you're getting personal.
:smiley36:

deepdiver47
08-21-2007, 07:36
I am tried looking for an emoicon that has a drunken yellow and red faced head with grug spilling out of it saying words that no one understands but I can't find one!

JugglingMonkeys
08-21-2007, 08:26
sadly, many aussies would be proud of such an identification.

NitroWill
08-21-2007, 09:19
Orlando Fl, Us 08/21/2007 7:06 A.m. Out For Delivery

:tanzen015:

picxie
08-21-2007, 14:37

Yobos!!??!!

now you're getting personal.
:smiley36:

I am tried looking for an emoicon that has a drunken yellow and red faced head with grug spilling out of it saying words that no one understands but I can't find one!

Yobo's, drunkeds, eh ... either one is a good fit :smiley2:

Juggling Monkeys .... are you from 'over there'???

Us kiwi's got a wee telling off recently by someone in parliament (I think it was) saying we had to give it a rest and our jokes were discouraging the Aussies from crossing the ditch for a holiday (it was part of a tourism campaign I think). When asked, the Aussies said (or at least those who were intelligent enough to understand the question said) that it was all good fun and they give as good as they get. I don't think either side took much notice!!

NitroWill
08-21-2007, 14:40
Orlando, Fl, Us 08/21/2007 12:23 P.m. Delivery

Got mine! Hope you get yours soon :D

deepdiver47
08-21-2007, 15:59
no I am not from over there Pixie. However, I dive with a great deal of Aussies on my trips to Asia. I was in Bali in July and you know that is a huge Aussie hangout. But you Kiwis, you are okay. :smiley14:

JugglingMonkeys
08-22-2007, 02:58
Juggling Monkeys .... are you from 'over there'???

Live in the US, but from Oz originally. Of course we love all kiwis!!
:smiley20: