PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a Pro-ear Mask?????

Charlotte Smith
08-20-2007, 06:18
I just purchased one and it hasn't arrived yet but I have a big problem with my ears and have experienced a reverse block where I had to stay down while the others wentup :smiley5: and only a master diver stayed w/ me...It was scary so I thought I would see if this might help....anyone know?

brant9584
10-21-2007, 20:31
:smiley20:i been diving for about 7 years now and i can only use the pro ear mask due to my ears. they are a great mask and im glad the made this type of mask for people who have problems with ears.

RoadRacer1978
10-21-2007, 20:37
Bought one for my wife and I have used it in the pool a few times. Seems like a really great mask. It hasn't helped her because she has so much hair the mask cannot get a good seal around her ears and water trickles in. Usually this wouldn't be a big problem, but she cannot get any water in her ears. I do like the mask though and may begin usig it for diving myself, especially now that the water temps are dropping. Might be nice to keep that cold water out of my ears for a change.

ScubaToys Larry
10-21-2007, 22:01
Most the times folks are looking at the Pro Ear Mask (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ProEar) it is for reasons of keeping ears dry... infections, etc, and there is still the need for equalization - and may not help much with the reverse block - but I have had folks say for some reason, it does make it a little easier with the Pro Ear Mask - but it won't eliminate the need.

scubamike
10-22-2007, 00:03
I bought one last year to try it. The mask with the hood. It looks a little goofy but I was more worry about the funtionality.

Anyways, the mask work as describe. I didn't have problems equalizing and MOST of the time water stays out of your ears. However, that was my major issue with the mask. If I kept my head straight, no problem..but if I turn around water would rush in and then I would have to clear the mask to get the water out.

Charlotte Smith
10-23-2007, 07:30
Good information...I may just have to try mine now...when I got it in and seen how complicated it looked like it was going to be to get a seal in 3 places I have never even tried it on....might be worth the effort at least as a back-up....