PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Octo Z too loose!

Zeagle Eagle
01-18-2009, 23:19
My Zeagle Octo Z is attached to my inflator hose with two tie raps. It came off on my last dive. Anyone have any ideas how tight to cinch the thing on with. I do have access to a cable tie tension tool but I am afraid I will crack the plastic that it attaches to if I go too tight. Anyone have any experience with this. How many lbs of pressure should I put on it to keep it in place and yet not crack the plastic?

Splitlip
01-18-2009, 23:46
Did the reg just unscrew (It won't happen if attached to the LP inflator hose)
Or did the coupling come off the corrugated hose. If that is the case, that is a simple DIY fix.
The cable attachment is separate from the inflator attachment. The cable should be the proper length to open the shoulder dump.

The cable may be too long if you pulled off your inflator.

Zeagle Eagle
01-19-2009, 00:25
Or did the coupling come off the corrugated hose. If that is the case, that is a simple DIY fix.
The cable attachment is separate from the inflator attachment. The cable should be the proper length to open the shoulder dump.

Thanks for the quick reply Splitlip.

The coupling came off the corrugated hose. It,s the part that tie raps to the corrugated hose. I can DIY, but not sure how much to cinch/tie rap it down. I don't want to crack the plastic on the end of the corrugated hose.

oddbod
01-19-2009, 04:42

Thanks for the quick reply Splitlip.

The coupling came off the corrugated hose. It,s the part that tie raps to the corrugated hose. I can DIY, but not sure how much to cinch/tie rap it down. I don't want to crack the plastic on the end of the corrugated hose.

Not sure how tight you can cinch down the cable tie but when mine came apart ( 1st dive with it ) the shop used a cable tightener tool to put a new one on then put a second cable tie directly above/below it and cinched it of on the opposite side. been purrfect:smiley20: ever since.

Splitlip
01-19-2009, 08:39
Sorry guys. I was over thinking the problem. I saw "cable" and misread the OP.

Yes, you can use a cable tie "gun". I got one for like 10 bucks from home depo. I have SS1 guts in a couple of hoses. Same as the Zeagle product I believe. I tighten the ties down untill the "gun" can't tighten them any more. Then twist and snip. And yes. 2 ties better than one.

Zeagle Eagle
01-19-2009, 18:42
Sorry guys. I was over thinking the problem. I saw "cable" and misread the OP.

Yes, you can use a cable tie "gun". I got one for like 10 bucks from home depo. I have SS1 guts in a couple of hoses. Same as the Zeagle product I believe. I tighten the ties down untill the "gun" can't tighten them any more. Then twist and snip. And yes. 2 ties better than one.
Saw your post and gave it a try. Torqued to max with two zip ties. It seems to be just fine. Thanks for the advice.