PDA

View Full Version : Question for divers in the SATX area

Mark&Heidi
01-19-2009, 23:55
We are somewhat new to San Antonio. I was certified in Michigan, my wife wants to get certified now. Are there any decent shops in the area? I have been looking around, but just keep going in circles at 410 and 35. Any help would be appreciated.

mitsuguy
01-20-2009, 05:41
LOL... only two that really matter

Diveworld:
2250 Thousand Oaks Dr # 212, San Antonio, TX‎ - (210) 403-3721‎
Ask for Josh, tell him Cody sent ya...

and

Duggan Diving:
928 Coronado Blvd, Universal City, TX‎ - (210) 658-7495
Ask for Art, tell him Cody sent ya...

Diveworld is where my wife and I got our certs Advanced through Divemaster, Duggan is who I went diving with pretty much every available weekend during the summer... Both sell Scubapro, Diveworld also sells Aqualung and some Aeris, Duggan also sells Oceanic and Mares I believe...

Mark&Heidi
01-24-2009, 00:52
thanks i will check them out

TxFltMedic
02-10-2009, 14:35
I got my certs through Duggan Diving in Universal City. Art Jennings runs the shop and is "good people". I truly believe he has the best interest of potential and seasoned divers at heart....

shawnwill36
02-17-2009, 09:31
We are somewhat new to San Antonio. I was certified in Michigan, my wife wants to get certified now. Are there any decent shops in the area? I have been looking around, but just keep going in circles at 410 and 35. Any help would be appreciated.

i dont know of any dive shops but ive heard a lil about the texas clipper on the bottom in padre. i went down a yr or two ago and ive been wanting to check it out. let me know if anyone has dove it

Foo2
02-17-2009, 10:22

i dont know of any dive shops but ive heard a lil about the texas clipper on the bottom in padre. i went down a yr or two ago and ive been wanting to check it out. let me know if anyone has dove it

FYI, San Antonio and Padre are about 300 miles from each other.

BSea
02-17-2009, 12:12

FYI, San Antonio and Padre are about 300 miles from each other.But everything is bigger in TX, even the amount you drive. :) For you Texans, driving 300 miles is like the rest of us driving 50 miles. The exceptions would be Rhode Island & Alaska.

MacGyverDXS
03-30-2009, 15:53
I got my certs through Duggan Diving in Universal City. Art Jennings runs the shop and is "good people". I truly believe he has the best interest of potential and seasoned divers at heart....

Art is good people! We went with him and a father-son team this Sunday and had a really good time. We're planning on doing the night dive with him on Thursday night.

ndv21
05-05-2009, 16:47

Art is good people! We went with him and a father-son team this Sunday and had a really good time. We're planning on doing the night dive with him on Thursday night.

Hey MacGyver, Let me know if you are up for a dive sometime. I'd be glad to dive with you and introduce you to some other divers as well. Welcome to San Antonio.