PDA

View Full Version : Brigade owner has a screw loose

RikRaeder
01-20-2009, 09:07
Greetings,
I noticed recently that I'm missing one of the big, black, plastic screws that holds the cumberbund to the body of my bc. I think I ought to replace this. How would a guy go about getting a couple of these (better get an extra or two) and does it just screw into the grommet hole or is there an interior piece for it to thread into (I didn't feel anything inside the body of the bc). Thanks

BSea
01-20-2009, 09:24
Try (877) 728-2243

Tell them you want the plastic sex bolts (yes that's what they are called) for your brigade. I think I paid $4 a set.

EDIT: OOOPS, sorry, I just noticed you are in Japan. Just e-mail Scubatoys & let them know what you want. That's where I bought mine.

Bryanmc
01-20-2009, 11:44
Are you sure you're missing one? There are only 3 on each side, although there are 4 holes...

nrembis
01-21-2009, 07:17
might want to check your bc, sometimes they come with an extra one attached to an unused hole, mine did

DevilDiver
01-21-2009, 08:11
You might want to add some extras to your next ST order. I would upgrade from the plastic to the metal "sex bolts". I changed mine out just because I felt the plastic ones that came with my Brigade seemed a little unsecure.
Scuba Sex Bolts reviews and discounts, Dive Rite (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=SSAssemblyScrew)

Either way I am sure ST can help you out, it is not a bad idea to have a few extras just in case.....

RikRaeder
01-26-2009, 02:51
Thanks guys. I'll have a look and call ST about it.

crpntr133
01-31-2009, 15:17
A o-ring will help keep these from coming undone. Just put one on the male side an tighten, not too tight. Most save a dive kits have small ones that will work.

zoey
02-01-2009, 00:17
Mine also came with an extra.

I used Loc-Tite BLUE on mine. So far, it's held up to salt water.