PDA

View Full Version : Cumberbun Freying-Zeagle Ranger

blewgrass
01-21-2009, 09:17
My ranger is experiencing some freying around the edges of the cumberbun. Is there a product that can tame this? The freying is due to the velcro hooks pulling on the fabric.

thanks for any ideas. I want to extend the life of this unit as much as possible. Even if I purchase a new one, I would like to know if there is a preventative measure against this problem.

Steve

ScubaToys Larry
01-21-2009, 09:38
Velcro will make anything kinda furry.... When I see a bit of it, I kinda' just burn off the fuzzy with a lighter. You may like the result... or live with the fuzziness...

Uh... legal disclaimer: Don't be wearing flammable materials when you hit them with a torch....

Foo2
01-21-2009, 09:57
There is a company called Dritz that makes a product called Fray Check (http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2848&PRODID=prd2992). It is to stop fraying on fabric when you are doing crafts. You could always try that. Try looking at a fabric store.

blewgrass
01-22-2009, 09:33
Thank you. A LDS gave me the same "lighter" trick. She also suggested a very thin layer of aqua seal around the area vulnterable.

kjvander
01-22-2009, 12:28
either that or if you're really cautious....i have used super glue to take care of fraying edges on other things....but just don't glue yourself to your BC