PDA

View Full Version : Lift Bag

skdvr
08-20-2007, 13:27
How do you carry your liftbad with a BP/W? I tried it this weekend for the first time and clipped it to my BP. It was tough to get off wearing a 7mm wetsuit and 5mm gloves. What would be a better option?

Thanks
Phil

NitroWill
08-20-2007, 13:29
I had a pouch for mine that attatch to my backplate..It just slid in there and was a good way to go..

See here: http://oxycheq.com/Oxycheq/backplates/0CC118BD-8FBC-45D2-B24D-8A363EAD2989.html

No Misses
08-20-2007, 13:33
I carry mine in a pouch mounted below my bp/w. The pouch has a velcro opening. I have a bolt style snap that I mounted to the lift bag strap. I leave a couple of inches of the lift bag strap hanging out of the pouch and clip th snap to my D ring. When I want to deploy the bag, I just unsnap from D ring and pull. I hope this helps.

mike_s
08-20-2007, 13:37
I put mine under my wing on surgical tubing loops.

really easy to get off. just pull loop off and unclip.

skdvr
08-20-2007, 15:20
Thanks, that does help... I will play around with a few ways and see what I like the best. Thanks for the sugestions.

Phil

WaterRat
08-20-2007, 17:28
I put 2 loops of bungie on the bottom of the plate. Rolled the lift bag and looped a bungie on each end. Then clip off the double ender to the rear d-ring on my crotch strap. That way if it happens to slip out of the bungies it's still attached to you. It's very easy to unclip from the rear d-ring.

Ron

Splitlip
08-20-2007, 20:49
I carry mine in a pouch mounted below my bp/w. The pouch has a velcro opening. I have a bolt style snap that I mounted to the lift bag strap. I leave a couple of inches of the lift bag strap hanging out of the pouch and clip th snap to my D ring. When I want to deploy the bag, I just unsnap from D ring and pull. I hope this helps.

I do as well.
This one.

http://www.diverite.com/.i/full_product/305.jpg

skdvr
08-20-2007, 21:20
I do not have a crotch strap. How often does it slip out of the bungee or the pouch? It was tough for me to reach behind myself to unclip the lift bag this weekend. I guess thought that after I get use to it being there that it would be second nature for me to reach back there and get it. Weather it is cliped or just sitting in a pouch.

Phil

Splitlip
08-20-2007, 21:55
I do not have a crotch strap. How often does it slip out of the bungee or the pouch? It was tough for me to reach behind myself to unclip the lift bag this weekend. I guess thought that after I get use to it being there that it would be second nature for me to reach back there and get it. Weather it is cliped or just sitting in a pouch.

Phil

Well in a sleeve or bungee, you don't need to unclip anything to remove it from storage. Just reach towards the small of your back and pull.
Now if you clip it off to a hip D-ring for safety or if your reel or spool is clipped off, you need to be able to operate bolt snaps.
You will also be clipping off to the chest d-rings (lights, regs) so make sure this is something you can do.
I have never had a bag just slip out of the sleeve. I did lose a bag once when I failed to restow it properly at depth. In hind sight I should have clipped it off for safety.
I also had an issue with the bungee once. My bag was clipped off to a reel on my hip. When I attempted to remove the bag the bungeed loops ended up coming off either end and the bag was suspended between the 2 loops by the strap and line.

superkingkong
08-20-2007, 22:26
I'm using an Oxycheq SMB pocket, it's a nylon pocket, looks like a tube pocket, zip-tied underneath my bp. connected to a spool, clipped to my right hip d-ring.

i can't find any images on the net. looks like they stop the production of it.