PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Octo Question

thebuck
01-24-2009, 14:01
I have been planning for some time now to get a zeagle reg and wanted some advice on which octo to get. After checking the zeagle website, I found a few models that I couldn't find a lot of info on. Can anyone explain the differences between the Z, ZX, CW, and envoy octopus. It looks like all except for the envoy are designed for cold water diving (which is primarily what I do). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ScottZeagle
01-27-2009, 09:07
I have been planning for some time now to get a zeagle reg and wanted some advice on which octo to get. After checking the zeagle website, I found a few models that I couldn't find a lot of info on. Can anyone explain the differences between the Z, ZX, CW, and envoy octopus. It looks like all except for the envoy are designed for cold water diving (which is primarily what I do). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Envoy Octopus - Our "lowest end" octo, but still high performance. Has the only a free flow control lever.

CW Octopus - Basically a Envoy octo with a heat sink for cold water.

ZX Octopus - High performance octo with free flow control lever, fine tuning knob, and a heat sink for cold water.

Z Octopus - New design for 2009. A bit more compact than the ZX second stage, with all the features. Includes a 36" yellow miflex hose.

Hope that helps a little...

mrm777
01-27-2009, 18:12
"Envoy Octopus - Our "lowest end" octo, but still high performance. Has the only a free flow control lever."

.........and built like a tank. Awesome reg, terrific value.

ScottZeagle
01-28-2009, 09:37
"Envoy Octopus - Our "lowest end" octo, but still high performance. Has the only a free flow control lever."

.........and built like a tank. Awesome reg, terrific value.

Not great for cold water, though...

kjvander
01-28-2009, 10:44
i have the ZX on my set up and i really like it....breathes very well...

thebuck
02-02-2009, 11:39
Thanks for the help guys. Does anyone know when Scubatoys will get in the new octo's (CW and Z) or how much they will run?

Straegen
02-02-2009, 15:36
I have seen the CW octo listed for around $170 and Z octo for around $220.

Personally, I am waiting for the half price sale on the LT reg. I would love to have a 7, but don't do cold water so the LT has my name all over it. Not sure I want to part with around $600 for a reg though.

digital_steve
02-02-2009, 21:02
Just get a ZX or envoy
The new ones aren't going to breathe that much better surely
The ZX and Envoy's are pretty good second stages