PDA

View Full Version : We have a winner!

Lulubelle
01-25-2009, 06:35
Gents (and I use that term loosely), you will be happy to know that the
"Miss Scuba 2008" from Italy has been chosen. On Italian time as it is 2009 now. There is a winner by Jury and a winner by popular vote.

My gift to you, especially those of you with active fantasy lives.
Le vincitrici di Miss Scuba 2008 - Lisa Pedrini e Rosanna Andresini (http://www.scubaportal.it/vincitrici-miss-scuba-2008.html)

Ms Pedrini did her OW in Sharm El Sheikh (common spot for Euros) in Nov 2007 and her AOW in the Maldives. She is taken and loves scuba.

Enjoy.

hychang
01-25-2009, 06:56
Wow, thanks for sharing the pics of yourself, you look great! :smiley20:

I didn't realize that you went to such far off places from N.C. to get certified. Please tell us, now that you're Miss Scuba, where are you going next?

chicken
01-25-2009, 07:04
Ahhhh! Now I see what BouzoukiJoe was talking about in the male dive buddy thread in the womens forum...of course I don't read the womens forum, it popped onto my screen one time at band camp.

SkuaSeptember
01-25-2009, 07:08
Obviously this is not one of the ladies from our board! They all know better than to dive with dangling guages!

Lulubelle
01-25-2009, 07:48
Wow, thanks for sharing the pics of yourself, you look great! :smiley20:

I didn't realize that you went to such far off places from N.C. to get certified. Please tell us, now that you're Miss Scuba, where are you going next?

Ah well, unfortunately, I am NOT Miss Scuba, nor am I 23. I am a member of an Italian diving forum as I have many friends in Italy and want to do some diving when traveling there. My cert was done in Cancun/Cozumel and AOW in NC.

Obviously this is not one of the ladies from our board! They all know better than to dive with dangling guages!

I noticed that too...

snagel
01-25-2009, 08:52
What dangling gauges? I must have skipped right past that picture for some reason.

Snagel

medicdiver
01-25-2009, 08:57
What dangling gauges? I must have skipped right past that picture for some reason.

Snagel

I didn't realize it either.

mm2002
01-25-2009, 12:50
Ha I knew it! I voted for her.

Lulubelle
01-25-2009, 13:09
I remembered that Mark. Don't say I don't have love for my male board buddies! I got this email about the winner and immediatly posted it for your entertainment pleasure.

Seniordiver
01-25-2009, 14:39
Gents (and I use that term loosely), you will be happy to know that the
"Miss Scuba 2008" from Italy has been chosen. On Italian time as it is 2009 now. There is a winner by Jury and a winner by popular vote.

My gift to you, especially those of you with active fantasy lives.
Le vincitrici di Miss Scuba 2008 - Lisa Pedrini e Rosanna Andresini (http://www.scubaportal.it/vincitrici-miss-scuba-2008.html)

Ms Pedrini did her OW in Sharm El Sheikh (common spot for Euros) in Nov 2007 and her AOW in the Maldives. She is taken and loves scuba.

Enjoy.
By jingo, she is cute as a bugs ear!:smiley2:

Vercingetorix
01-25-2009, 15:00
There's scuba gear???

Oh, yeah...it took me a few minutes to realize the text is all in Italian. I was distracted for some reason.

mm2002
01-25-2009, 15:40
I remembered that Mark. Don't say I don't have love for my male board buddies! I got this email about the winner and immediatly posted it for your entertainment pleasure.

Well thank ya Sis!!! :smiley20:

Diver Kat
01-25-2009, 16:29
Anyone notice that Splitlip hasn't posted here .... but suddenly has a new avatar that looks just like Miss Scuba 2009???? :smiley36:

mm2002
01-25-2009, 17:17
Anyone notice that Splitlip hasn't posted here .... but suddenly has a new avatar that looks just like Miss Scuba 2009???? :smiley36:

well, it doesn't look "just" like her....:smiley36:

Lulubelle
01-25-2009, 17:21

There are two Miss Scubas, winner of of the popular vote and winner by jury. He picked the winner of the popular vote.

You know, SL is half Italian, is there something going on here? Is this thing rigged?

mm2002
01-25-2009, 18:07
Well, MY new avatar is the real deal.....not just by popular vote.
huh?

jwdizney
01-25-2009, 20:13
pics? there were pics? i just looked for the articles...i just don't read italian...

Diver Kat
01-25-2009, 22:52

There are two Miss Scubas, winner of of the popular vote and winner by jury. He picked the winner of the popular vote.

You know, SL is half Italian, is there something going on here? Is this thing rigged?
I think you may be right .... Anyone know how many times he voted???:smiley36:

Lulubelle
01-26-2009, 07:57

I think you may be right .... Anyone know how many times he voted???:smiley36:

My guess is too many times to count. I wonder how many of them have joined the Italian scuba forum just to gawk?

I'd put money on the fact that SL has as he can read some Italian.

Notice how many times this thread has been viewed in the span of one day? It reminds me of giving "treats" to a dog.

ScubaToys Larry
01-26-2009, 08:03
It reminds me of giving "treats" to a dog.

Unfortunately in this case, it is like putting the treat on the nose of the dog and commanding "Sit... Stay" and although the dog is salivating... you never let them get the treat.

Lulubelle
01-26-2009, 09:38
It reminds me of giving "treats" to a dog.

Unfortunately in this case, it is like putting the treat on the nose of the dog and commanding "Sit... Stay" and although the dog is salivating... you never let them get the treat.

:smilie39:

I can't believe that it *appears* that one of you is complaining about my cross pollination from the Italian forum! I thought I was giving you all a gift.

What's stopping you from going after the treat Larry? Chicken.

Black-Gorrilla
01-26-2009, 11:35
Very pretty girls. most of them from the contest got a good reaction from us when you first posted.
Thanks Heels aka Lulubelle aka Xena the warrior princess

chicken
01-26-2009, 14:14
I don't think I am at the proper income level for Ms Scuba and her treats! So I am content with the sit, stay and stare routine...

Lulubelle
01-26-2009, 14:57
I don't think I am at the proper income level for Ms Scuba and her treats!

Chicken, I call *FOUL* on your assumption that income makes a dude more attractive to a pretty girl. :smiley21: You are hanging out near the wrong ladies brother. In fact, I might even go so far as to say that too much material success might even give a good gal an extra reason to look harder for the things that really matter.

Had occasion to look for these things on my flight back from Turks and Caicos. Dude was smart and funny. Those things that really matter weren't there though IMHO, fellow was shocked that I declined to give him my number. The midnight blue Lamborghini sure would have been fun to take for a ride though.:smiley36:

Get your dive trip to NC rescheduled yet? Me, won't happen until June, too cold.

chicken
01-26-2009, 16:24
I won't even start that debate about how $$$ is or is not attractive. I'm sure the girls hang out at the playboy mansion because Hugh is such a great guy.

My Morehead trip has been re-scheduled for March 14/15. The folks at Olympus did everything to make me happy including a full refund on my wreck class even though I wrote in the student manual. Wow! I am really looking forward to my trip, in the meantime I am headed to Panama City Beach next month for a warm up dive.

Lulubelle
01-26-2009, 16:28
I won't even start that debate about how $$$ is or is not attractive. I'm sure the girls hang out at the playboy mansion because Hugh is such a great guy.

My Morehead trip has been re-scheduled for March 14/15. The folks at Olympus did everything to make me happy including a full refund on my wreck class even though I wrote in the student manual. Wow! I am really looking forward to my trip, in the meantime I am headed to Panama City Beach next month for a warm up dive.

Fair enough, but please don't generalize to include all of us ladies. Such things matter not one iota to me...and these days, it goes both ways, plenty of fellows out there looking for a sugar mamma, trust me.

Good to hear Olympus is treating you right, good outfit. I'll pray for good weather and not too much current.

chicken
01-26-2009, 18:01
I never included all ladies and it wasn't meant to stereotype all women. I just suspect my income would not support the lifestyle of a famous Italian princess. But I will sleep tonight thinking anything is possible and maybe she will bring me coffee in the morning!!!

Or I will wake up and head to my local starbucks for a latte and the paper like usual before going to work.

mm2002
01-26-2009, 20:05
Having a beautiful women has nothing to do with money. You have to have other "assets", like a big huge..................

HEART!!! :smiley20:

Lulubelle
01-26-2009, 20:10
Having a beautiful women has nothing to do with money. You have to have other "assets", like a big huge..................

HEART!!! :smiley20::smiley32:

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
01-26-2009, 20:26
When I've been successful with women it's always been because I made them feel special in one way or another. Income doesn't seem to matter that much (it's varied from 0 figures to 6 figures during my sample). One exception is that most women at some level still want their mates to make more than they do.

mm2002
01-26-2009, 20:33
From what I'm seeing from myself, Splitlip, and Black-Gorilla, I'm thinking Lulu started a nice trend in avatars. If more folks follow along, this may appear less and less like a scuba forum. Probably increasing profits for ST too eh?
Joe, Larry, remember us...ok?

Lulubelle
01-26-2009, 20:35
When I've been successful with women it's always been because I made them feel special in one way or another. Income doesn't seem to matter that much (it's varied from 0 figures to 6 figures during my sample). One exception is that most women at some level still want their mates to make more than they do.

:smiley32: bet his lady is a happy one.

Most men have a problem if their lady makes more than them, trust me, it has happened a few times.

Lulubelle
01-26-2009, 20:36
From what I'm seeing from myself, Splitlip, and Black-Gorilla, I'm thinking Lulu started a nice trend in avatars. If more folks follow along, this may appear less and less like a scuba forum. Probably increasing profits for ST too eh?

Yeah, wonder if those pics are copyrighted? I'll have to jump on that forum and ask...

BTW, they aren't doing a thing for me, so this strategy may be losing the ladies' business for ST.

Black-Gorrilla
01-26-2009, 20:52

Hurray for more sales for ST.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
01-26-2009, 20:56
I don't mind seeing the pics, but any man who uses a female avatar probably ought to have his card revoked.

mm2002
01-26-2009, 20:58
I don't mind seeing the pics, but any man who uses a female avatar probably ought to have his card revoked.

Who says we're "using" it?
We're celebrating a victory. :smiley36:

Diver Kat
01-26-2009, 23:10
Not to worry ... I'm sure it the ladies will disappear as avatars as soon as the full size posters they all ordered get delivered!! :smiley2:

mm2002
01-27-2009, 05:40
The posters are on backorder.:smiley19:

hychang
01-27-2009, 10:32
Not a problem here, of course I'm lucky because I'm with a great lady!:smiley20:

My wife is a "little older" than I am and therefore has been in the workforce long which results in her making "substantially" more than I do. She doesn't rub it in my face or anything like that. She's always trying to save money for the kids and our retirement. The only time she gives me a hard time about money is when she sees the credit card bill and what I payed for her jewlry (she pays the bills in our house)

Most men have a problem if their lady makes more than them, trust me, it has happened a few times.

Lulubelle
01-27-2009, 10:55
My wife is a "little older" than I am and therefore has been in the workforce long which results in her making "substantially" more than I do.

Here's to younger men :smiley32:, I'm a fan! I'm in your neighborhood brother, but have been known to date fellows significantly younger which created the same sort of income spread. It's all good.

And here's to guys who are comfortable in their own skin, you both are lucky!:smiley20:

emt
01-27-2009, 11:55
I told all of my Kids, Guys & Girls.
We will all wear out and all have a "life expectancy". If you (being guy or girl) are lucky enough to get a newer model, GO FOR IT. Your increasing your odds of your model wearing out and needing repair much less than an older model.

I would not get a 30 year old BMW, or 10 year old refrigerator, regardless of what the original value was.

Just as a note, that older model might work just fine today and be quite a bit of fun , but the odds of working years down the road decrease exponentially with time.

Of course exercise, genetics, life choices, etc.etc. will also affect the final outcome.

Lulubelle
01-27-2009, 12:10
I told all of my Kids, Guys & Girls.
We will all wear out and all have a "life expectancy". If you (being guy or girl) are lucky enough to get a newer model, GO FOR IT. Your increasing your odds of your model wearing out and needing repair much less than an older model.

I would not get a 30 year old BMW, or 10 year old refrigerator, regardless of what the original value was.

Just as a note, that older model might work just fine today and be quite a bit of fun , but the odds of working years down the road decrease exponentially with time.

Of course exercise, genetics, life choices, etc.etc. will also affect the final outcome.

Hey, I'm a fan of older dudes too emt! I guess I just like men. :smiley31:Don't much care if they are older OR younger as long as we have fun together. Agreed that good lifestyle choices are important when choosing one's model.

emt
01-27-2009, 12:31
Sorry for the long time to reply, I think I was having "a dream". No just kidding. I just showed the post to my last teenage girl. (Had to hide it from the wife however as it would take toooo much explaining).

Well i can tell you that us old guys really appreciate a nice hello from the newer models. My daughter @ UF is great at being nice to everyone & she gets a lot of looks from all the guys
You sound like you've got it figured out pretty good as long as "we have fun".
Now purchasing and signing a contract is another story for another day hopefully.

Diver Kat
01-27-2009, 12:52
LOl ... thought I stumbled across the wrong thread with the 'model' discussion!! I happen to be a bit older than my DH - just enough for him to give me grief once in awhile. As for 'models' ... we did the 'try it before you buy it' plan for about 3 years. Of course we were a couple of crazy college hippies at the time! (I'm really dating myself here!) Worked so well, we signed the contract! I'm a firm believer in keeping the older models .... they don't seem to make too many of those newer models to last as long! :smiley2:

emt
01-27-2009, 14:18
Glad your happy with your newer model. I told my gals to consider the same.
Older models are usually very special when able to easily get newer models, which is how it should be.

CompuDude
01-27-2009, 14:57
Meh.

I think I'll go watch Into the Blue again, instead. ;)

fire diver
02-06-2009, 09:49
With everyone changing thier avatars, I felt it was time to change mine too. I mean, heck I've had the old one for several weeks already!

Diver Kat
02-06-2009, 12:07
With everyone changing thier avatars, I felt it was time to change mine too. I mean, heck I've had the old one for several weeks already!

FD ... I never would have guessed you were a Blonde!! :smilie39::smilie39:

Foo2
02-06-2009, 13:02
I guess if you can't beat 'em...join 'em. ;)

<---------

Vercingetorix
02-06-2009, 13:28
I'm just appalled at all these folks using avatars that look nothing like themselves. I believe there's a thread to that effect somewhere.

Diver Kat
02-06-2009, 18:16
Well I had to join the Dark Side ..... I figure if I'm going to be a guy, I better be the best I can!! :smiley2:

mm2002
02-07-2009, 07:12
Well I had to join the Dark Side ..... I figure if I'm going to be a guy, I better be the best I can!! :smiley2:

I never pictured you quite so....well....hairy. :smiley36: