PDA

View Full Version : Monday 8/20 Weigh In

thesmoothdome
08-20-2007, 13:56
Don't lose focus folks. It's only been 3 weeks.

Start: 202

Now: 198.6

Goal: 190 in the next 11 days :)...Yeah...well, maybe 195.

Ultimate goal: 170

Guess running/walking 4 miles a night is beginning to pay off. It's the first time I've been below 200 since the summer began. Increasing the time I'm doing cardio seems to be the answer...that and cutting out the beer most nights.

torrey
08-20-2007, 14:44
I forgot to weigh this morning, but it's probably not going to be very good. My wife picked up some asiago & green chile burger patties from central market last night, along with making some fried green tomatoes to go with it. I've done good today so far, so I'll weigh tomorrow and hope it balances out.

fire diver
08-20-2007, 20:13
I'm working today, but I will be weighing in tomorrow morning. I'm thinking skinny thoughts.

FD

Bill22
08-21-2007, 03:58
I started a little before everyone else.... beginning of July. 217 start... today 199. Really happy to break 200 :-) I've been stuck at a plateau the last couple of weeks. Long term I would still like to get down under 180. I'm going to be buying a new dry suit probably by November, so it would be really nice to drop another 20 lbs by then :-)

fire diver
08-21-2007, 04:18
Congrats on your loss!! Boy that sounds odd to say. But you know what I mean. I can't wait to break the 200 mark myself.

FD

torrey
08-21-2007, 08:19
Yeah, I'm up a few pounds to 238 now. I know it'll go down just as quick though.

fire diver
08-21-2007, 08:19
Well, my weekly weigh-in is done. I'm at 216. 1 pound away from goal #2, 24 pounds down from the start.

next goal is 215
then 210
then 200.

I have no time limits for losing weight, I just keep plugging away.

FD

Doghouse
08-21-2007, 11:40
Well I gained 1 pound this week. :( Now back to 196. I cannot get below 195 and stay there. Guess it is the cubical curse that I live with....

Maybe I could get a job working outside, Nah it is 98 and 90% humidity.

picxie
08-21-2007, 14:42
I'm stagnant again this week. I have not got organised to get the exercise machine out of the spare room to get some cardio under way. I'm too tired either working late or I have a night class. I really have to do something about this ...

fire diver
08-21-2007, 18:12
I know it's not a popular option with most folks, but you could get up 45 minutes early. Gives you time for a 30 minute workout and a shower.

FD

REO
08-21-2007, 20:10
I weighed in Monday. I broke the 200 lb mark this week. I'm down to 199.4. Good luck everyone. See you next week.

Ron

picxie
08-22-2007, 03:08
I know it's not a popular option with most folks, but you could get up 45 minutes early. Gives you time for a 30 minute workout and a shower.

FD

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: Hahahaha that's so funny ... as I actually started doing that but then one day I thought "I'll check my emails this morning" then it was "I'll just jump on the ST forum and see what's happening" ... so guess what I now do with that extra time???!!!

Really. Self control is needed here. I wonder where I can buy some??!

fire diver
08-22-2007, 08:13
Self control, that's easy. I can pound that into you. Just hire me as your personal trainer for a month, fly me to NZ, and I'll shadow you all day long and be your personal drill sergeant. Getting to dive there would just be a bonus.

FD

Bill22
09-04-2007, 19:40
Down to 196 now :-) Down 21 lbs now since begining of July. 16 lbs to go to hit my first long term goal. I'll re-evaluate when I get to 180. Really need to lose it by November so I can order my new dry suit :-)

fire diver
09-04-2007, 22:05
Congrats on your success so far bill! I'm down a total of 26 since June. I am finally looking at myself and being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I actually spent time without a shirt at the lake this weekend. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I don't like walking around showing my fat off. If I could get down to 200 (my first longterm goal) I would be bouncing off the walls with joy.

FD

Bill22
09-05-2007, 09:33
Congrats on your success so far bill! I'm down a total of 26 since June. I am finally looking at myself and being able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I actually spent time without a shirt at the lake this weekend. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I don't like walking around showing my fat off. If I could get down to 200 (my first longterm goal) I would be bouncing off the walls with joy.

FD

Ahh.. Yes I understand that completely. We put our wetsuits on right on the street that runs along the beach when we dive Hayama. I would get it on half way before taking off my t-shirt to finish.

We fill a few five gallon jugs with hot water before we leave. After the dive we can rinse some of the salt out of our hair and off our bodies (water is still warm and feels great :-)) and then a quick rinse on camera equipment, before we load up and drive back. I will put a shirt on as soon as I rinse off after the dive.

I was a little self-consious about only being in my bathing suit when putting my wetsuit on and taking it off after the dive at first, but I'm feeling a little better about it after losing over twenty pounds :-). I'm going to the Philippines next month, (about six weeks from now). I would definitely feel better about laying out by the pool if I lost another 10-15 lbs by then :-)

With the amount of diving I'm planning I expect that I will continue to lose weight despite being on vacation :-) I should be able to order my new dry suit by the time I come back :-)

wdstauter
09-05-2007, 13:02
I started swimming, running and lifting this spring. I just fininshed my O/W last month. I was sure the 200yd swim would be a cake walk. I went one lap and could barely breath. LOL. I stated at 235lbs before Memorial Day and was 218lbs on Labor Day. By the way, I can swim farther than 200yds now.

Bill22
09-05-2007, 13:29
I started swimming, running and lifting this spring. I just fininshed my O/W last month. I was sure the 200yd swim would be a cake walk. I went one lap and could barely breath. LOL. I stated at 235lbs before Memorial Day and was 218lbs on Labor Day. By the way, I can swim farther than 200yds now.

I know the feeling. The first time I dived at Hayama after gearing up we walked/waded down a street, down stairs, over to a sand bar, walked along that, and then waded a little more (an easy 200 yards ) then a surface swim out another 75-100 yards... I thought I would die and the dive hadn't even started yet :-)) I had a leg cramp coming back in :-)) Now I do it without even thinking ;-)