PDA

View Full Version : $20.00 Handling Charge?

finflippers
01-28-2009, 09:36
Hello Larry,

It is getting time to buy another tank and I noticed that it now adds a $20.00 handling charge to my order. Is this so or a mistake on the site?

ScubaToys Larry
01-28-2009, 09:39
It's basically our way of saying we can't give free shipping on tanks - so you will see there is a flat $20 fee - but no shipping. It works out pretty darn close - and there just is not enough margin on tanks to give the prices we have, and offer the free shipping (since any tank will put the order over 50 bucks). That would actually mean we'd lose money on tank sales.

Hope that seems fair!

finflippers
01-28-2009, 14:16
That is fine. I thought I was going to have to pay $20.00 handling then 22.03 on shipping.

CWSWine
01-28-2009, 14:51
It's basically our way of saying we can't give free shipping on tanks - so you will see there is a flat $20 fee - but no shipping. It works out pretty darn close - and there just is not enough margin on tanks to give the prices we have, and offer the free shipping (since any tank will put the order over 50 bucks). That would actually mean we'd lose money on tank sales.

Hope that seems fair!

Well that is good reason for me take a long weekend and drive down there to pick up a couple of HP100s and save 40.00 bucks. Now lets see if I can sell that to my wife!!!

fireflock
01-28-2009, 18:59
I bet sales tax and gas would catch up with the savings. On the other hand, I'm sure there's something in the store that you need to try on in person :)

navyhmc
01-28-2009, 21:07

Hope that seems fair!

Well that is good reason for me take a long weekend and drive down there to pick up a couple of HP100s and save 40.00 bucks. Now lets see if I can sell that to my wife!!!

I don't think that would happen...Now I do think it would be easy to sell her that she can do some great shopping down that way. Oh wait, no...that would cost more than $40... :smilie39: See ya in Feb!!!

CWSWine
01-28-2009, 21:23

Hope that seems fair!

I don't think that would happen...Now I do think it would be easy to sell her that she can do some great shopping down that way. Oh wait, no...that would cost more than $40... :smilie39: See ya in Feb!!!

You met my wife and you know she is easy... All I have to do mention shopping and she is ready to go....