PDA

View Full Version : PETA's Banned Super Bowl Advert

Vercingetorix
01-28-2009, 16:31
Be advised: may be NSFW
No nudity, but lots of sexuality.

Peta's Banned 2009 Superbowl Ad*Video (http://www.break.com/index/petas-banned-2009-superbowl-ad2.html)

FishFood
01-28-2009, 17:00
An ironic show of a lack of morals from the self righteous wackos.

DevilDiver
01-28-2009, 17:24
I don't know, I kinda liked it. Did not see anything over the top or at least that you don't see every night on network TV.

Who they are or what they believe really isn't an issue plus the add is only promoting being a vegetarian (not for me but I have no problem with it).

Not like their were any "wardrobe malfunctions" they seemed to work just fine..........

mitsuguy
01-28-2009, 17:59
I think it's a brilliant commercial :)

I've definitely seen worse on network television...

chicken
01-28-2009, 18:03
Where did the vegtables come from? I thought PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals.

DevilDiver
01-28-2009, 19:50
Where did the vegtables come from? I thought PETA stood for People Eating Tasty Animals.

:smilie39:

mm_dm
01-29-2009, 07:48
Wow, she licked a pumpkin...can't have that on Prime Time. Must have had their minds made up before they watched the video. A pumpkin...not a...well, fill in the phallic vegetable of your choice...a freakin pumpkin.

mike_s
01-29-2009, 08:42
Be advised: may be NSFW
No nudity, but lots of sexuality.

Peta's Banned 2009 Superbowl Ad*Video (http://www.break.com/index/petas-banned-2009-superbowl-ad2.html)

I saw that video the other day..... I thought about posting it on SB, but just figured the "easily offended" would report my post there...

Anyway, here's my take. PETA never had any intention of paying $3 million to put this commercial on during the superbowl.

What they did was make a video that had enough sexual existence in it so that it would get banned from showing (therefore not having to pay the $3 million), but would cause enough controversary and excitement that millions of people would download it off the internet and view it for free.

They are a bunch of morons, but they played this "free advertising plan" like a fiddle.

now everyone's watching it and talking about it and they didn't have to pay $3 million for airing it at the superbowl. :smilie40:

FishFood
01-29-2009, 08:53
Just like what Godaddy and Danica Patrick (my hero :naughty: ) did last year.

I beleive Bud and Levi did the same thing. A quick trip to youtube shows the Levi commerical with almost 10 Million views. (adding up the different videos) Pretty good advertising on Google's dime.

JCAT
01-29-2009, 09:51
Although not offended, does anyone, besides me, find this commercial just a bit bizarre?

Super models licking pumpkins and other assorted vegetables?? uh, ok, does not do anything for me except make me laugh..

now.....hot super models in scuba gear...that's a different story and I will pay attention.

:smilie40:

Vercingetorix
01-29-2009, 10:07
now everyone's watching it and talking about it and they didn't have to pay $3 million for airing it at the superbowl. You may be onto something.:smiley20: A little viral advertising there.

Skred
01-29-2009, 10:14
Interesting change in strategy by PETA...if you can't tug at their heartstrings, tug at their belts.

They must have hired Victoria's Secret's advertising company.

robjoubert
01-29-2009, 13:24
Interesting change in strategy by PETA...if you can't tug at their heartstrings, tug at their belts.

They must have hired Victoria's Secret's advertising company.

I don't think it was the belt they wanted to tug - more like the string that attaches a man's "little head" to his eyes!!! :smilie40:

tfriend
01-29-2009, 13:54
I thought it was pretty funny....but i dont think it could contend with other superbowl commercials. I wanna see the 30 1 sec bud light commercials! I wonder how there going to do that?

mike_s
01-29-2009, 14:16
I thought it was Miller that was doing the 1 second commercial?

The black guy who's the delivery driver just stands there and says "HIGH LIFE" and that's it. (from the preview I saw with an interview with him).

The fact that network TV shows are interviewing him about this is worth more in "advertising time" than the actual comercial.

It's just creating hype.

Just like Go Daddy did with telling you to goto Godaddy.com to see the banned commercial, it made you go to their website.

Peta is just creating hype... so far it's working. The video is likely already seen by millions and didn't cost them a dime to distribute.

tfriend
01-29-2009, 14:28
O maybe it is miller...im not sure

hychang
01-29-2009, 19:24
No one ever said they were dumb

Whew, that was a hot ad. I guess Otto was right that "vegetables are sensuous." :worship:

now everyone's watching it and talking about it and they didn't have to pay $3 million for airing it at the superbowl. You may be onto something.:smiley20: A little viral advertising there.

SEMO Scuba
01-29-2009, 19:37
Were there vegetables in that video????? I don't recall seeing them. I guess I'll have to watch it again.:smiley2:

Rileybri
01-29-2009, 20:24
Were there vegetables in that video????? I don't recall seeing them. I guess I'll have to watch it again.:smiley2:

took the words right out of my mouth!:smiley9:

bottomdweller
01-29-2009, 20:59
If it is spelled PETA & does not stand for people eating tasty animals, I have no interest in watching!

Man this thread is making me hungry, I think I will go out for Steak!!!

CFDAlden
01-30-2009, 01:15
I dunno.... that pumpkin was pretty... round. :smiley2:

Vercingetorix
01-30-2009, 08:13
If it is spelled PETA & does not stand for people eating tasty animals, I have no interest in watching!

Man this thread is making me hungry, I think I will go out for Steak!!!
Steak? How about Dog Stew (http://www.recipesource.com/ethnic/asia/filipino/00/rec0001.html) instead? I like puppies, 'cause they's tender and tasty.

//OK...I'll be leaving now...

JCAT
01-30-2009, 08:54
The first time I was in Korea(1986), Gaegogi on a stick could still be had in most food places.

Miked
01-30-2009, 12:06
Nice ad. I like the free advertising angle. It could be that the PETA people are that clever, because I've seen the ad in a bunch of places on line.

on a related idea

I wonder..... imagine this ad for a brand of beer (for the sake of discussion): this ad is almost identical to the PETA ad, just replacing the veggies with beer bottles...

Would the creators of this hypothetical ad be taken to task for "objectifying" the women in the ad??-and would some of the complainers also be PETA supporters??

Has there been any such "outcry"directed at the PETA ad??

highdesert
02-02-2009, 07:10
Hey, no cucumbers,carrots, or corn, so what's the issue?

RoyN
02-02-2009, 11:32
I remember seeing some half naked lady in the mall with the PETA ad that said, she rather wear nothing instead of animal fur.

scubAfr33k
02-02-2009, 20:18
I remember seeing some half naked lady in the mall with the PETA ad that said, she rather wear nothing instead of animal fur.

I wouldn't complain :smiley2: