PDA

View Full Version : Well Done ScubaToys

Vercingetorix
01-31-2009, 16:27
On Thursday (29 Jan) I called ST about this closeout special (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=BareBrigadeShortyMens). I'd been looking for a shorty 2mm or 3mm for a couple years and could not crack open the wallet to spend $60+. At $25, I thought "such a deal!".

Well, they were out of my size (medium). Rick said he'd give me the same price on the Bare Ignite 2mm. I put it on hold and picked it up on today (31 Jan).

First, the wetsuit is so new, it's not even listed on the ST website. Second, I checked other web-sites and the wetsuit sells for $90.

So, with my forum discount (that I didn't ask for nor would I have taken had I known), I got it for $22.50...$22.50!!!! For an $90 suit!!!!

And, to top it off, I got my tank filled for free (they always do) and I got six feet of cave line for free. I offered to pay for the air and line. I did buy four feet of bungie.

Is ScubaToys a great store or what:smiley20::smiley31::smiley20::smiley31:

Straegen
01-31-2009, 17:11
I am compiling my big gear list to see what they can do. I am amazed at the positive responses you get from practically anyone you ask along with some service prices that make buying from them a great value beyond the initial price. Good people for sure.

Vercingetorix
01-31-2009, 17:20
I am amazed at the positive responses you get from practically anyone you ask along with some service prices that make buying from them a great value beyond the initial price. Good people for sure.While I was there today, I asked the guys how the recession/depression was hitting ST. Compared to other LDSs, ST is doing well. They have been impacted, but not to the effect as the others. I mentioned that it probably the fierce loyalty that ST engenders based on customer service. The guys agreed...excellent customer service is their number one goal.

I'm so glad ST is my LDS. (15 minutes from my house)

Straegen
01-31-2009, 17:39
Part of me is glad they are NOT my LDS... I would have to get another job to pay for the extra gear. Most of the LDS around me are expensive and the couple that have good pricing I feel like a need to make sure I am current on my Tetanus shot before I enter or need to carry mace to repel aggressive sales people. The only good part of that it makes me shop around quite a bit more before I pull the trigger on anything.

heydn62
01-31-2009, 17:41
I am amazed at the positive responses you get from practically anyone you ask along with some service prices that make buying from them a great value beyond the initial price. Good people for sure.

Has anybody ever heard anyone say anything bad about ScubaToys (other dive shop owners excluded)?

Vercingetorix
01-31-2009, 17:47
Has anybody ever heard anyone say anything bad about ScubaToys (other dive shop owners excluded)?Well, yes...

The customer service and prices are so good, that they force...yes, I say FORCE...you to buy your gear there.

heydn62
01-31-2009, 17:49
Has anybody ever heard anyone say anything bad about ScubaToys (other dive shop owners excluded)?Well, yes...

The customer service and prices are so good, that they force...yes, I say FORCE...you to buy your gear there.

That is unscrupulous. Unscruple Toys!

fanatique
02-09-2009, 12:13
I think I'm going to ring Larry & Co. up and ask them if they can fix me up with a similar deal. Thanks for the heads-up, Vercongetorix.