PDA

View Full Version : Southern Cross Club - Little Cayman

CamaroChick
02-03-2009, 16:37
Has anyone stayed at Southern Cross Club on Little Cayman? I'm struggling with the decision on where to go for this year's dive trip, and this place is one of my top picks. It's a fairly expensive place, but it seems like it is the nicest place on LC. We had a bad experience with last year's trip to Roatan (did not like the place we stayed at), so I want to make sure to pick a really nice place for this year's trip.

Please share any info you have on SCC. I've heard the diving is fab, so I really just need to hear about the resort itself. One thing I'm wondering is if we'll be able to snorkel from the beach. Also, how's the beach, rooms, food, etc?

coloradopomi
02-05-2009, 16:24
My family and I were on Little Cayman over Christmas. We stayed at the Conch Club Condos of the Little Cayman Beach Resort and went diving with the Conch Club Divers. Had a great time and I recommend the Conch Club Divers operation. The resort also has two other facilities ranging from an upscale type of hotel accommodations and a more island style.

That said, my daughter took some dive lessons from the Southern Cross Folks and I'll have to say they were great with her and we found the staff at Southern Cross very nice. I did not see any rooms or experience the food but the folks we visited with who were staying there seemed pleased with the experience.

fisheater
02-05-2009, 20:33
Just got back from the Little Cayman Beach Resort.

You CAN'T go wrong there, either. (Owned by the same folks, I'm told.)

Excellent accomodations, bar, food and dive operation. Very top notch.

CamaroChick
02-09-2009, 13:40
thanks for the info guys!

CamaroChick
02-16-2009, 14:31
Turns out they didn't have the room I wanted at SCC, so I decided to splurge and book the honeymoon bungalow. Now I'm feeling pretty guilty about that extra $700... :smiley5:

hope its worth it!

coloradopomi
02-17-2009, 16:54
I think you will be happy.....great diving, nice folks, good beer, good food and the phones work sometimes. Beats the commute in DC any day.

CamaroChick
02-18-2009, 10:09
I think you will be happy.....great diving, nice folks, good beer, good food and the phones work sometimes. Beats the commute in DC any day.

True dat! :smiley20:

cowgirldiver
02-18-2009, 11:07
I have ATT-was in the Caymans for basically 6 days-did text messaging to my son everyday and the cost was only about $6 total. The funny part was that the bill says some of my messages came from Kitts/Nevis and Bermuda....which is really wacky since both of those are quite far from the Caymans.

fisheater
02-18-2009, 22:36
Phones?

Who needs phones? You're on vacation!

cowgirldiver
02-19-2009, 09:52
Yeah, but while I'm diving on vacation, I've got to let my 16 yr old know every day that I'm still alive.

fisheater
02-19-2009, 17:24
Yeah, but while I'm diving on vacation, I've got to let my 16 yr old know every day that I'm still alive.

Seems to me that you have that one backwards.:smiley2:

cowgirldiver
02-19-2009, 17:33
Yeah, I guess, but if he answers the text he's still alive too....I hate to say it, but I'm probably way more likely to get into some kind of trouble than he is!!