PDA

View Full Version : Zeagle Manta Question

skdvr
02-05-2009, 07:02
On my Manta wing I wanted to take the plastic knobs off the two OPV's on the bottom of the wing. I took the valve apart and the current line is under a rubber stopper, and I was curuios if that can be pryed off and then re-glued or not? It appears that it is just glued on, but I am not 100% sure, nor and I sure about how well it is glued on...

Thanks
Phil

ScottZeagle
02-05-2009, 08:42
You will never get it to come off clean, and the OPV will not seal when you try to reattach it. Trust me on this.

If you want the pull dumps off, just cut the line as close the the body of the valve as possible.

skdvr
02-05-2009, 08:51
Thanks Scott... It is not that I do not want to use the pull dump. It is just that I was going to get rid of the plastic knobs, and just use the string to pull dump. I wanted to be able to remove the string and put a bit heavier line so that it would be easier to grab with gloves on... The only reason that I wanted to pull off the knobs is because the get tangled up in my d-rings on my harness sometimes... I was going to just cut the knob off and use the current string but I think that by the time I cut it off and tie another knot in the end it will be really short... I will just continue to use it the way that it is...

Thanks again for the quick response....

Phil