PDA

View Full Version : How Women Shower vs. Men (SFW)

Vercingetorix
08-20-2007, 22:05
Compare, contrast, discuss. I believe it to be accurate...at least for guys. Don't know about you ladies.

I believe this video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qehxjub5lyo) is Safe For Work. No "Naughty Bits" are shown. If not SFW, I will edit this post to state that it is not.

I've placed this in the Women Only sub-forum because I know the men will never see it.

Centerius
08-20-2007, 22:54
That's spot on. :)

frankc420
08-20-2007, 23:16
*deleted

this is the womens forum... I feel so violated!

chewyjr15
08-21-2007, 03:01
hits the nail on the head

NitroWill
08-21-2007, 03:10
wooooooo woooooooo

picxie
08-21-2007, 05:06
Classic!! :smiley36:

Disneymom
08-21-2007, 07:51
:smilie39: That is too funny!

fire diver
08-21-2007, 08:39
:smilie39::smilie39: Woo Woo :smilie39:

dallasdivergirl
08-21-2007, 08:54
I have more bath products than that! They just skimmed the surface.

I moved this weekend and I thought I had the bathroom all unpacked until I found 4 more boxes of bathroom stuff. I have no idea where it is all going to go! I have now put a ban on buying shower gel, shampoo & conditioner, body scrub, and lotion. I think I could open a small store.

cgvmer
08-21-2007, 09:06
Hey that's so wrong, why wrap the towel around yourself at all!

Foo2
08-21-2007, 09:42
That is hysterical!

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 09:52
Unfortunately, the vdeo does not answer the question: Why? To me, the funniest part was the mention of the bazillion bath products that ladies use. My wife has trimmed back significantly. But, still, sometimes I'll look at a bottle of something containing a vegetable or fruit additive and wonder: Do I wash with it or drink it?

Note: DallasDiverGirl has fessed-up to having a million products. Foo2? DisneyMom? Other ladies? What's in YOUR bathroom? (please feel free to not list...well, you know...*those* products).

Illini_Fan
08-21-2007, 09:55
Admit it Rick. After reading about you nail polish knowledge over in that thread, those bath products aren't really your wife's, are they? :)

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 10:04
Admit it Rick. After reading about you nail polish knowledge over in that thread, those bath products aren't really your wife's, are they? :)Shhhhhhh...

dallasdivergirl
08-21-2007, 10:08
Admit it Rick. After reading about you nail polish knowledge over in that thread, those bath products aren't really your wife's, are they? :)Shhhhhhh...

Now Rick....

You don't want me to be alone in my confession of my bathroom hording, do you?

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 10:14
Now Rick....

You don't want me to be alone in my confession of my bathroom hording, do you?Head and Shoulders...with Conditioner. The loufa? That's the wife's. Being a GUY, I would never, NEVER use a loufa. I mean, why would I use a loufa, huh? Nope...not me...no loufa for me...no ma'am.

Disneymom
08-21-2007, 10:19
Note: DallasDiverGirl has fessed-up to having a million products. Foo2? DisneyMom? Other ladies? What's in YOUR bathroom? (please feel free to not list...well, you know...*those* products). In my bathroom?
Well, there's soap scum cleaner, and mildew cleaner, and a toilet brush, bowl cleaner, and toilet paper, and some towels, and well, let's see...

OH! you meant that other stuff, didn'tcha? A bunch - there's a bunch. And we use it every day.

fire diver
08-21-2007, 10:37
Now Rick....

You don't want me to be alone in my confession of my bathroom hording, do you?Head and Shoulders...with Conditioner. The loufa? That's the wife's. Being a GUY, I would never, NEVER use a loufa. I mean, why would I use a loufa, huh? Nope...not me...no loufa for me...no ma'am.

I'm a guy an I will admit that I use a bathsponge/loufa. Those things just plain rock. Get yourself some AXE bath gel, put a little bit on the loufa, lather up, and you're good for the entire shower. :smiley20:

I even use one at work (the fire station). One guy started really teasing me about using one after he saw it last year. So I bought like 6 of them, in pink, yellow and lavender. I hung one one the outside of his locker so everyone could see while he was on a four day break. Put another in his regulator mask bag, in his bunk pants and his bunk coat pockets. He was finding them for about a month. :smiley36: Besides, the poor guy has six girls, I'm sure THEY could use them even if he wouldn't.

FD

Foo2
08-21-2007, 10:41
Note: DallasDiverGirl has fessed-up to having a million products. Foo2? DisneyMom? Other ladies? What's in YOUR bathroom? (please feel free to not list...well, you know...*those* products).

Ok Rick, you want it you got it:

Color Vive Shampoo & Conditioner
Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 Cleanser
Softsoap Pure Cashmere Bodywash
Of course a loufa to go with the bodywash
Mary Kay 2-in-1 Body Wash & Shave
Mary Kay Satin Hands & Body Buffing Cream
A Razor
Bikini Zone Shave Gel
And of course a Shower Squeegie(sp?)

Those items are only in the shower....you don't even want me to start the list of what's in my cabinet...:smiley2:

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 10:48

Those items are only in the shower....you don't even want me to start the list of what's in my cabinet...A Shower Squeegie?!?!?! You go girl!!!:smilie39::smilie39:

JodiBB
08-21-2007, 11:01
Hey!!! How did they get those cameras in my bathroom?! LOL

Harshal
08-21-2007, 11:02
This is funny post......... I think most entertaining in last few days. I could not see the video at work, but will check it out later at nite.

Foo2
08-21-2007, 11:08

Those items are only in the shower....you don't even want me to start the list of what's in my cabinet...A Shower Squeegie?!?!?! You go girl!!!:smilie39::smilie39:

For your information mister...Fooman2 is the squeegie natzi! We have a glass shower door and we don't want funk on it. Once it's on it, it's virtually impossible to get it off. I learned from my neighbor's mistake, they bought a new door cause they couldn't get the funk off. A sqeegie is much cheaper and...we have a funk free shower.:smiley2:

Harshal
08-21-2007, 11:11

For your information mister...Fooman2 is the squeegie natzi! We have a glass shower door and we don't want funk on it. Once it's on it, it's virtually impossible to get it off. I learned from my neighbor's mistake, they bought a new door cause they couldn't get the funk off. A sqeegie is much cheaper and...we have a funk free shower.:smiley2:

Man...... Fooman2 sounds really picky about his shower........lol :smilie39:

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 11:18
For your information mister...Fooman2 is the squeegie nazi!Mea culpa:smiley36:

I mean, I just assumed...you know...sorry,ma'am...I'll just go to my corner and not bother you again.

dallasdivergirl
08-21-2007, 11:25

That is why I like shower curtains. Once the liner one gets funky you can toss it & get a new one.

fire diver
08-21-2007, 11:54

If you put some Lime-Away on a scrub sponge, it will take ALL that residue and build up away in seconds. I like to give my shower doors (clear glass) a good scrubbing (about once a month) right before I shower, then use the shower head to wash the glass off. And then your glass looks good as new!

FD

CompuDude
08-21-2007, 12:10
A bar of Irish Spring soap.

That's what's in my shower.

What more does a man need?

(ok, it helps that I shave my head, so shampoo is irrelevant to my world!)

ScubaJenn81
08-21-2007, 13:02
That is really funny

YellowfinKunkfish
08-21-2007, 13:16
Okay, stuff in my shower:

Tresemme Healthy volume shampoo
Tresemme Healthy volume conditioner
Olay Body wash plus creme ribbons, with almond oil
Bikini zone shave gel
Skintimate skin therapy moisturizing shave gel
Pink Gillette Venus razor
Olive oil replenishing pack deep penetrating conditioner
White loofah
Olay Daily facial scrub
Purple Bubble bath
2 foot brushes
Village naturals white tea & jasmine body soak, with epsom salts

There's also some Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo, and a bar of Irish Spring, but those aren't mine!

Those are just the essentials, the rest of it is in a basket next to the tub, and stuffed into the cabinets.

dallasdivergirl
08-21-2007, 13:34
Wow. I am feeling much better about my shower collection!

Aveda Shampure shampoo
Aveda Smooth Infusion Conditioner
Aveda energizing body wash
Gillette Fusion razor
men's gel shave cream
several Bath & body works smelly gels
soap with pumice

back ups of everything in a basket next to the shower.

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 13:49
You ladies with the lists are killing me:smilie39::smilie39:

For men, a bar of soap and one, I repeat, ONE bottle of shampoo.

Illini_Fan
08-21-2007, 13:57

Now this is someone who could solo dive -- if she has that level of redundancy with shower products image the dive gear :smiley36:

OR, is an out-of-air situation less cause for concern than an out of shaving gel situation on date night?

dallasdivergirl
08-21-2007, 15:47

Now this is someone who could solo dive -- if she has that level of redundancy with shower products image the dive gear :smiley36:

OR, is an out-of-air situation less cause for concern than an out of shaving gel situation on date night?

Those would probably be equal in my book.

and let's not forget that I do have the redundancy down since I do have a fully stocked travel kit with travel sizes of everything listed above.

I have 34 dives left before I can solo. I am perfecting my training in the shower.

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 15:56
I have 34 dives left before I can solo. I am perfecting my training in the shower.So you count showers as dives?:smilie39:

vel525
08-22-2007, 10:31
One of my buddies used to wash his hair with soap too! He would literally have a bar of soap in the shower and that was it.

Cheddarchick
08-23-2007, 08:49
That was soooooo funny......

dallasdivergirl
08-23-2007, 09:44
One of my buddies used to wash his hair with soap too! He would literally have a bar of soap in the shower and that was it.

That's just gross.

And I bet he used it on both "ends".

All together "eeewwww".

scubak
08-27-2007, 21:31

That's just gross.

And I bet he used it on both "ends".

All together "eeewwww".

Wow...yeah, That is really really gross. Uck!

savannahbell
08-28-2007, 17:44
Well that video said it all.

Let's see what's in our shower.

Amplify shampoo and Conditioner
White loufa
3 in 1 face wash
Baby shampoo
Soap
Avon body wash
Johnson and Johnson body wash
2 razors' one for me and one for him
Men's shaving cream
My shaving cream
Foot scrub and brush

I think that will sum it all up for the shower. Now the rest of the bathroom, there's way too much stuff there. I could use everything in there and not run out of stuff for at least a few months I would think.

kevinj1
08-28-2007, 18:00
the only thing that video is missing is a toothbrush--some guys do brush teeth in the shower to save time. You ladies will probably say that is gross-don't knock it until you try it-------sisters.

savannahbell
08-28-2007, 18:15
the only thing that video is missing is a toothbrush--some guys do brush teeth in the shower to save time. You ladies will probably say that is gross-don't knock it until you try it-------sisters.

No, I know a few people that do brush in the shower. I have tried it but it's not something that I would do again. But you are right, a lot of men do brush in the shower.

quarrydiver
08-28-2007, 19:14
why clean the shower? doesn't the soap and water do that?

CompuDude
08-28-2007, 19:38

No, I know a few people that do brush in the shower. I have tried it but it's not something that I would do again. But you are right, a lot of men do brush in the shower.

I've seen people do it movies, but never saw the point in real life. If I'm in a hurry, I'm washing the whole time I'm in the shower, and the second I'm done washing and rinsing, I'm out. Brushing your teeth while still under the jets doesn't save you any time there.

And if I'm not in a hurry, I'd rather luxuriate in the hot water and not have one more thing to do on the to-do list in the shower.

RikRaeder
08-29-2007, 03:48
I prefer humming the Can-Can song to the woo woo sound personally, but I'll have to go look for that shower cam now. How did they know!?

tedtim
08-29-2007, 08:05

Those items are only in the shower....you don't even want me to start the list of what's in my cabinet...A Shower Squeegie?!?!?! You go girl!!!:smilie39::smilie39:We use Rain-X on the shower door. It was my wife's idea.

Charlotte Smith
08-29-2007, 08:12
My husband NEVER dries his back...why is that? It has to make his shirts stick to him while trying to put them on.......

RikRaeder
08-29-2007, 08:13
It's a rebel thing. Society expects us to dry our backs, that's why we don't. You can't own us....what? Gotta go...wife's getting upset

CompuDude
08-29-2007, 11:51
My husband NEVER dries his back...why is that? It has to make his shirts stick to him while trying to put them on.......

That's funny, my wife is the same way! Has something against drying completely, near as I can tell. :smiley5:

dallasdivergirl
08-29-2007, 12:19
I air dry. I hate using a towel. If I am running behind I will put on my robe for some drying action.

That's funny, my wife is the same way! Has something against drying completely, near as I can tell. :smiley5:

scuba Widow
09-01-2007, 21:01
I am the one that washes and rinses and gets out, finflippers has to use all the hot water.

Kokomo
09-03-2007, 17:20
Oh my...How true this is!!

Anne Eastwell
10-31-2007, 23:37
why clean the shower? doesn't the soap and water do that?

Now THAT is funny!!! I wish it worked like that!

Anne Eastwell
10-31-2007, 23:44

Those items are only in the shower....you don't even want me to start the list of what's in my cabinet...A Shower Squeegie?!?!?! You go girl!!!:smilie39::smilie39:We use Rain-X on the shower door. It was my wife's idea.

Damn good idea!! I'll keep that in mind when we're renovating our bathroom.

Anne Eastwell
10-31-2007, 23:46
Compare, contrast, discuss. I believe it to be accurate...at least for guys. Don't know about you ladies.

I believe this video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qehxjub5lyo) is Safe For Work. No "Naughty Bits" are shown. If not SFW, I will edit this post to state that it is not.

I've placed this in the Women Only sub-forum because I know the men will never see it.

Damn, can't open the link at work.... I'll have to wait till I get home now.

scubajane
11-30-2007, 18:40
you guys are too much!!
I guess I'm a minimalist///
shampoo
conditioner which doubles as shave gel
razor
get in and get out
save water...save the whale...

Goober
12-01-2007, 10:21
So that's what it's like if your not OCD. Hemn...I never knew.

Daved
12-01-2007, 10:29
My total time in shower-from edge of bed to out the door--6 minutes.
Wanda Lee's 39 minutes. Now I know what she does.

Bert
12-01-2007, 16:29
Has anyone washed them self in a like:smiley20:... other than me up north an a family trip my uncle used all the hot water:smiley11: so I went down to the lake lathered up jumped in for rinse exit water sake like dog to dry off resume other activites (yes I wore a swim suit:smiley2:)( aunt& sister did the same they said har was cleaner becuse of all the water)

tarheeldiver
12-02-2007, 07:19
Has anyone washed them self in a like:smiley20:... other than me up north an a family trip my uncle used all the hot water:smiley11: so I went down to the lake lathered up jumped in for rinse exit water sake like dog to dry off resume other activites (yes I wore a swim suit:smiley2:)( aunt& sister did the same they said har was cleaner becuse of all the water)
I've used the sand rinse shower at resorts before when traveling with 2 teenage neices plus wife which equals about 2 hours of shower time( they made me wear my shorts though)

Malbec
12-30-2007, 18:39
I'm new here and if this is what type of post I'm in store for...

Thank goodness :smiley32: It's hilarious!

And for whoever made the "soap and water" comment--- DH is permanently banned from using Ivory- it makes the worst soap scum ever!

Grizbear98
01-07-2008, 14:15
heh shampoo mohawks are fun even if your a chick with short hair, or maybe it's just me :-P

georoc01
01-07-2008, 16:04
Don't knock the squeegie with the Rainx..that makes cleaning the shower MUCH easier Just need to worry about the shower floor.

carriersanders
03-08-2008, 14:50
Wow, this is so true...I never stop getting remarks about how many bottles of stuff I have in my shower, and Im not even that girlie

emalebiga
03-08-2008, 16:59
I've used the sand rinse shower at resorts before when traveling with 2 teenage neices plus wife which equals about 2 hours of shower time( they made me wear my shorts though)

while in mexico I had to shower in the sand rinse showers because for some reason the hotels won't let you use there shower after you check out. I was at the beach for the whole day before my bus left at night. can't sit in a bus for 4 hours being dirty

LaCroix42
03-08-2008, 22:43
I'll own up to the loufa. Wife got me one for Christmas two years ago, and we bought a bulk pack of Irish Springs shower gel. Gotta admit, when I'm 20 minutes late trying to shower before work, they work wonders over a bar and rag! :smiley20:

As to you ladies and gents with the shave gel, have you tried the old school shaving soap with a badger brush? I purchased a Merkur Vision 2000 because I was tired of paying for Gillette blades that cost more than the razor. Went ahead and got a brush and soap to go with it. Closest shave I have ever gotten, and I don't get any ingrowns from it. She loves how close it gets too. Of course, I've since regressed back further and gotten a Dovo Shavette, a straight razor with training wheels (it uses the same double edge safety blades as the Merkur) which shaves just as close as the Merkur, but allows my luddite side to be humored too.

At least with these two razors, the blades are CHEAP(!) when the wife decides to steal my razor for her use.

newways
03-08-2008, 23:15
As to you ladies and gents with the shave gel, have you tried the old school shaving soap with a badger brush? I purchased a Merkur Vision 2000 because I was tired of paying for Gillette blades that cost more than the razor. Went ahead and got a brush and soap to go with it. Closest shave I have ever gotten, and I don't get any ingrowns from it. She loves how close it gets too. Of course, I've since regressed back further and gotten a Dovo Shavette, a straight razor with training wheels (it uses the same double edge safety blades as the Merkur) which shaves just as close as the Merkur, but allows my luddite side to be humored too.

At least with these two razors, the blades are CHEAP(!) when the wife decides to steal my razor for her use.

I really wanna try this. I've heard nothing but good things about it and I'm pretty sick of the crappy job my electric razor does.

Here are a couple links with good info:

The Zen of Shaving: How a Double-edge Razor Can Change Your Life | Zen Habits (http://zenhabits.net/2007/12/the-zen-of-shaving-how-a-double-edge-razor-can-change-your-life/)

Badger & Blade (http://badgerandblade.com/)

Trey9123
03-09-2008, 20:37
Exactly, my gf Carriersanders has more types of shower goo than any person could possibly need. Whenever I shower over their I just pick on and use it for my hair, pits, and any other bits that I feel I need to clean. I only have two things in my shower, a bar of soap, and shampoo. However I choose these very carefully, I go to the store, open and smell each bottle. Read about the ingredients keeping note of which ones sound like they were created in a chemistry lab and which ones come straight from the rain forest. I then buy the cheapest one they have. Their is something wrong with the members of the other sex.

LaCroix42
03-09-2008, 22:44

I really wanna try this. I've heard nothing but good things about it and I'm pretty sick of the crappy job my electric razor does.

Here are a couple links with good info:

The Zen of Shaving: How a Double-edge Razor Can Change Your Life | Zen Habits (http://zenhabits.net/2007/12/the-zen-of-shaving-how-a-double-edge-razor-can-change-your-life/)

Badger & Blade (http://badgerandblade.com/)

So that we don't take over the thread, I created a new one for this subject over in Man Laws. http://forum.scubatoys.com/man-laws/10367-wetshaving.html#post143476

I have found that the Dovo Shavette is quite easy to master. When I bought it the barber at the shop mentioned that it has a bit of slop to the blade and if you can master it, you're good on most straight razors (Darth Vader's razor excepted). I found it actually easier to use than most disposables and I've only really nicked myself twice with it. Plus it's relaxing to lather up and take a good 20 minutes to shave. Of course, with the Merkur five swipes and I'm done (bearing in mind I have a 'stache and goatee).

gthomas
03-24-2008, 12:58
Loved it:smiley20::smiley20:

mona
04-02-2008, 21:47
too funny...and in general so true!

ChrisA
04-03-2008, 18:51
Shower Stuff? The one down at the beach works well enough. I got out of the water about 9:00pm last night and there is this big outdoor fauset thing that sprays water on your head about halfway between the sand and the parking lot. It washes all the salt off. I do that about twice a week. What more does a guy need?

aprilgoddess1987
04-10-2008, 18:40
to close for comfort