PDA

View Full Version : ST Some Good Some Bad

Straegen
02-05-2009, 14:20
Good stuff first. Things like throwing in the free reg bag or the great packing job by putting an extra piece of cardboard at the top of the box so nothing gets cut when opening demonstrate a top notch operation. The crazy good deal we worked out on the phone followed by an even crazier deal when one of the items wasn't in stock. You guys saved me a couple hundred on this order at least and I managed to get top notch gear as well. Extremely fast communication without any BS was a big plus in my book as well.

Now for the bad news. First, you ship too fast. I try to append extra stuff onto an order but an hour later it has already shipped. Might consider becoming like other outfits and have 3-5 days of processing before the order goes out. Second, the boxes are too small. When I drop several hundred on something, it should come in a bigger box. Maybe you guys could create some funky packing material and bloat it up a bit. I think my CC has hurt feelings now.

Well even though there was some obvious bad stuff going on here, all in all I can say fantastic job. Looking forward to the second and even more expensive order to come in next. Hopefully it will be in a bigger box. :smiley20:

Diver Kat
02-05-2009, 14:26
Good one!! I can add to that .... my order was received before I even gave them a credit card #, or paid for it!! What is wrong with these people!!! :smiley2:

Vercingetorix
02-05-2009, 14:31
Yeah, they do pretty well. Like Kat, I received my order before I even gave them my credit card. Then, again, that's because I was in the store and got the items before approaching the counter. <LOL>

Diver Kat
02-05-2009, 14:46
Yeah, they do pretty well. Like Kat, I received my order before I even gave them my credit card. Then, again, that's because I was in the store and got the items before approaching the counter. <LOL>I wish!! (Or maybe not .... actually being in the store could be dangerous to the health of my CC!) Mine was nicely delivered to my desk at work .... much to my confusion! And yeah ... thinking about it - it was a pretty small box!! lol! But then since I hadn't paid for it yet, I didn't feel so cheated!:smiley36:

rustyshakelford
02-05-2009, 14:48
i bought some fins from them and was amazed how fast i got them also!

brett

Zeagle Eagle
02-05-2009, 16:57
Good one!! I can add to that .... my order was received before I even gave them a credit card #, or paid for it!! What is wrong with these people!!! :smiley2:

OH, I can top that.

On my last order the sales guy told me to "have a great day". Imagine the nerve of that guy telling me what to do. If I want to have a great day then it will be because I chose to; not, because some slow leak told me to.

DMWiz
02-05-2009, 18:33

Wow they must have new management there, things are definitely going down over there.

It used to be that I'd think about ordering something and bam! My order was here didn't even placed a call to them!

I hate having to call to get my order in this days.:smiley21:

ST SUX!

rawalker
02-05-2009, 19:55
The last time I ordered from them not only did I get my order in a timely fashion and well packed.
I also got that kid in the candy store feeling from candy included with my gear.

Diver Kat
02-05-2009, 23:09
The last time I ordered from them not only did I get my order in a timely fashion and well packed.
I also got that kid in the candy store feeling from candy included with my gear.Suckered in by the old candy tease .... didn't your momma teach you about 'Stranger Danger' and offers of candy??? AND you should have been suspicious of the well packed box ..... now you're hooked!! You need those shipments on a regular basis or withdrawal kicks in!! :smiley5:

shawnwill36
02-06-2009, 10:35
i got one better than those. i had just ordered some stuff and i was thinking about asking this girl out at work. as soon as i ordered and went to work she asked me out and she is a diver. great job scuba toys. thats what i call going above and beyond!!!

rustyshakelford
02-06-2009, 11:44
i got one better than those. i had just ordered some stuff and i was thinking about asking this girl out at work. as soon as i ordered and went to work she asked me out and she is a diver. great job scuba toys. thats what i call going above and beyond!!!

shawn

this is amazing! you are a lucky man! you need to buy a lotto ticket right now! congrads on the date buddy

brett

heydn62
02-06-2009, 16:15
I placed an order a couple of weeks ago, online - around midnight. Like the OP, after I placed the order, I decided I wanted to add a couple of things to the order. They were small, things, so to save shipping charges, I wanted to get them added to the first order. When I called the next morning, they already had my order boxed up and ready to go. Fortunately, it hadn't left the store yet, so they just opened up the box and threw the extras in.

I noticed I didn't get mints with this order. Must be the economy.:smiley36:

navyhmc
02-06-2009, 19:51
Mints? I never get mints!

Straegen
02-06-2009, 21:28
Me neither with the mints actually... so add another item to my bad list.

fanatique
02-09-2009, 12:12

And now you can bring her over to your place and you guys can shop ST together huh... :smiley32:

Monkeylemon
02-13-2009, 17:34
Another thing I hate about Scuba Toys is how darned NICE they are on the phone! Here I am, ready for the usual surly retail experience, and the ST staff is knowledgeable, polite, and helpful. Sheesh!