PDA

View Full Version : Elite or T3

1FAST05
02-06-2009, 07:36
I am looking at a new AI comp and have really liked the functions of both the Airies Elite and Elite T3. I am wondering what the advantages of the T3 are over the Elite. I can get an Elite with transmitter for quite a bit cheaper than a T3 with transmitter. Doe the benefits of the T3 outweigh the price difference?

AndyDragon
02-06-2009, 11:07
The biggest benefit for the Elite T3 (and VT3, Atom 2.0 and Epic) is the ability to use 3 transmitters (T3 = three transmitters) so you can monitor either your air and a buddy (not really practical unfortunately) or monitor gas switches. This is what I use my VT3 for...monitoring multiple tanks during a dive...bottom gas then deco bottle.

Originally I bought the VT3 and two transmitters to watch my daughter's air, but the interface to check a buddy's air is clunky and quite frankly takes longer than to use hand signals to ask. This would work a whole lot better if you could keep the information from both transmitters on the display all the time.

CompuDude
02-06-2009, 13:32
Also, the smaller display has more screens of info, rather than the larger display which can show more at a glance without having to push buttons to see the other information.