PDA

View Full Version : Rockhound76

Foo2
02-06-2009, 12:51
Just curious how you are doing with your training re: http://forum.scubatoys.com/262572-post29.html

Rockhound76
02-06-2009, 13:08
Foo2,
My weight held steady over the last week, but I lost another inch on the waist. I still weigh 233lbs, down only 5, but my 38" slacks are now getting pretty loose and I came in a notch on the belt. My goal, btw, is to get in the 215 range by late June.

My cycling has improved a great deal. I am now riding 65 miles on Sunday mornings and my average speed is up about .2mph per ride. By the end of the month, I hope to be averaging 18-19mph on 70 miles or more (as of Friday, I was right at 17mph, still kinda slow, but taking no rest stops.). By summer, I expect to be at 19 or 20 for 100 miles.

This week, I went to spin class all five days and lifted one, on Wednesday. I wanted to lift more days, but my free time was limited. Still, the spinning sessions were hard and I pushed a little harder.

Experience has shown me that at am at the point where I begin to really drop the weight and my speed picks up. I've been wrong before, tho'. We'll see soon enough.

I think the problem last week with the lack of weight loss was that my oldest turned 16 and we had what amounted to a 2-day party. A house full of teens, cake and snacks and lazing around cost me a bit. The only excercise I got was in our airsoft war in the woods out back--I had to ride Friday, before the kids arrived.

Foo2
02-06-2009, 13:11
Way to go! Sounds like you're doing great! Keep it up!