PDA

View Full Version : ZEAGLE modifications ?

xring
02-07-2009, 12:01
1. My wife has a zena ( medium) that fits her well however my youngest daughter wants to get certified. We have an instructor friend that can do a private class but he doesn't own a small BC. What is needed to change a zena to small and is it worth the expense?

2. I plan to get a new BC and the brigade looks good to me however the Stiletto looks pretty good also. I know that the Bigade has the ranger vest section and is sturdier. The Stiletto has the lumbar preinstalled and has a more durable bladder.
My question is would it be possible to order a brigade with a Stiletto bladder and what would the cost diff be. I know it's not worth buying the second bladder after the initial purchase.

Thanks in advance for the info. I just need to weigh my options before I dive in

xring

ScottZeagle
02-09-2009, 10:57
1. My wife has a zena ( medium) that fits her well however my youngest daughter wants to get certified. We have an instructor friend that can do a private class but he doesn't own a small BC. What is needed to change a zena to small and is it worth the expense?

Buying all the parts to make the Zena into a size SM will probably cost you as much as buying a complete new BC.

2. I plan to get a new BC and the brigade looks good to me however the Stiletto looks pretty good also. I know that the Bigade has the ranger vest section and is sturdier. The Stiletto has the lumbar preinstalled and has a more durable bladder.
My question is would it be possible to order a brigade with a Stiletto bladder and what would the cost diff be. I know it's not worth buying the second bladder after the initial purchase.

You can order the Brigade with the heavier Stiletto bladder, but as I'm sure Larry will tell you, the Brigade bladder is generally pretty tough and very very few ever seem to have an issue.

As for the cost difference, give Scuba Toys a call and they can let you know.

Thanks,

Scott