PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Resource Pro Computer

Barberman
02-07-2009, 22:41
I just purchased a genesis resource pro computer console from my LDS and I had a question. The owner of LDS wasn't sure since he acquired through a buyout of another shop and it isn't a computer/brand he normally carries. I'm wondering if it is able to be downloaded to a pc? It has a port on the side that looks just like the one on my Aeris where I plug in the download cable. The owners manual has no mention of it being capable of downloading, but there is an insert in the box regarding water activation and it mentions the contact being in the pc interface data port. I have also checked both scubatoys and the genesis websites and found no mention of this capability. Im not thinking I can but just want to see if anyone can tell me for sure if it is or not. Thanks!!

snagel
02-08-2009, 07:43
I have one and never found that it could be downloaded. The "thing" on the side is the contacts for the water activation.

Nice computer. The only thing I don't like about it is that it does not store a date. So, if you don't get your dives logged quickly, you kinda forget when the dives were. The only other issue I have with the computer is that as I'm moving through my 40's I'm having problems seeing the numbers. I just purchased the Wisdom II with larger numbers and will keep the Genesis for a backup.

Snagel

mike_s
02-08-2009, 21:06
Genesis quit making the Resource Pro YEARS ago....

it's one of the old "hockey puck" computers made I think by Palegic.

They were not user downloadable.

It's a decent computer though... but the single button is a pain in the butt and the computer is a little "thick" to wear on your wrist. but works fine in the old style consoles where it simply replaces the depth gauge in the rubber boot.

I've got the Sherwood Logic which is the Nitrox version of it . I think I bought it used in 2002 and still use it as a backup computer. The Resource came out before the Logic did... so this computer has been around for a LONG time.