PDA

View Full Version : What Women Want In A Man

Vercingetorix
02-08-2009, 08:56
Women want men that are brave, a play buddy, charming, funny, a jack of all trades, intelligent, humorous, sincere, and know when to say, "Yes, Dear"

SunJournal.com - What women want (http://www.sunjournal.com/story/302693-3/bsection/What_women_want/)

gNats
02-08-2009, 08:58
And what is wrong with that?

Oh, wait. You forgot unselfish in bed.

Vercingetorix
02-08-2009, 09:01
Oh, wait. You forgot unselfish in bed.I'm not selfish in bed. I share the TV remote and popcorn.

That's what you meant, right?

Lulubelle
02-08-2009, 09:03
Nice article.

For those who didn't read it, there is no summary conclusion about what all women want, these are individual women's responses although many do share common attributes.

Only one of these women mentions wanting a "yes" man. For me, that one is NOT a good thing. I need a dude with some backbone.

I second gNats' opinion. That one is a deal killer.

Vercingetorix
02-08-2009, 09:18
THE PERFECT MAN

The perfect man is gentle,
Never cruel or mean;
He has a beautiful smile,
And he keeps his face so clean.

The perfect man likes children
And will raise them by your side.
He will be a good father
And a husband to his bride.

The perfect man loves cooking,
Cleaning and vacuuming, too.
He'll do anything in his power
To show his love to you.

The perfect man is sweet,
Writing poetry in your name.
He's a best friend to your mother
And kisses away your pain.

He never makes you cry
Or hurt in any way.
Oh, hell with this stupid poem...
The perfect man is gay.

gNats
02-08-2009, 09:19
THE PERFECT MAN

Never cruel or mean;

He will be a good father

To show his love to you.

He never makes you cry
Or hurt in any way.
The perfect man is gay.

So, are you admitting you are from from the perfect guy?

Or are you gay?

Vercingetorix
02-08-2009, 09:25
So, are you admitting you are from from the perfect guy?

Or are you gay?Neither perfect nor gay. Just a guy... I do cook, though. I make a Death By Chocolate with eight forms of chocolate. Chocolate is my specialty.

IrishSquid
02-08-2009, 13:27
THE PERFECT MAN

Never cruel or mean;

He will be a good father

To show his love to you.

He never makes you cry
Or hurt in any way.
The perfect man is gay.

:smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: That's why women will never find a perfect man, some guy's already got him.

Splitlip
02-08-2009, 13:36
Gag me with a spoon!

THE PERFECT MAN

Never cruel or mean;

He will be a good father

To show his love to you.

He never makes you cry
Or hurt in any way.
The perfect man is gay.

Splitlip
02-08-2009, 13:37
Best post ever! :smiley32::smiley32:
Thanks Squid.

THE PERFECT MAN

Never cruel or mean;

He will be a good father

To show his love to you.

He never makes you cry
Or hurt in any way.
The perfect man is gay.

:smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: That's why women will never find a perfect man, some guy's already got him.

Best post ever!

Straegen
02-08-2009, 14:22
IMO and this is completely IMO... 80% of the women under 35 want 20% of the men. Of those 80%, about 40% want looks first and everything else second. 40% want money first and everything else second and the last 20% of the majority want both as a requirement. In my experience there are about 20% of women who want personality or some other trait such as loyalty first.

When I read a "What Women Want" article that doesn't touch on looks or ranks it low, IMO it isn't accurate.

Maybe I am biased or jaded, but that is my experience and the experience of friends. It also explains why so much cheating goes on by a select group of men. Oh and I am not saying men are any better in regards to mate selection. If anything they are worse.

Vercingetorix
02-08-2009, 14:48
Women want "bad boys". Oh...my wife will argue all day that isn't true; she'll say they want nice guys. Yeah? Bull. If that was true, beauty queens would marry nerds.

I mean...shoot...look at Tina in this forum...that little hussy.

Straegen
02-08-2009, 14:55
Many women love drama and bad boys provide a lot of that.

Splitlip
02-08-2009, 15:02
Women want "bad boys". Oh...my wife will argue all day that isn't true; she'll say they want nice guys. Yeah? Bull. If that was true, beauty queens would marry nerds.

Thanks for not using th "T" word Hon. :)

Diver Kat
02-08-2009, 15:51

Sorry, have to agree with your wife on this one ... never liked the 'bad' boys, I went for an unconventional nice guy. As for the beauty queens, they don't have enough brains among the lot of them to know enough to marry a nerd or a nice guy ....

As for Tina .... I think there are other issues going on there .. maybe a gender identity crisis???:smiley3:

mm2002
02-08-2009, 15:55
An oldie but goodie.......

http://www.mm-restoration.com/scuba/lookingfor.jpg

Straegen
02-08-2009, 19:28
Oh how true.

Townsend
02-09-2009, 19:29
Exactly, you are corret. You have given clear picture on what women needed in men.:smiley20:
However, When I had go through an online dating (http://www.TalkingDating.com) site, there I have read a lot of information about men who are having the same things which we are discussing here, So, I hope we can get guys who are Jack of all trades as well as master of everything :smiley2:

mm2002
02-11-2009, 18:29
So, I hope we can get guys who are Jack of all trades as well as master of everything :smiley2:

Never mind. What I was thinking of typing here would have offended some people. I digress.

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 18:53
Sorry, have to agree with your wife on this one ... never liked the 'bad' boys, I went for an unconventional nice guy. As for the beauty queens, they don't have enough brains among the lot of them to know enough to marry a nerd or a nice guy ....

Such a relief that someone has figured out what I want as so many of these posts say that they have! Whew!

Kat, I'm with you, I like nice guys. :smiley20: Nerds are terrific. Add a quick wit and healthy level of testosterone and I'm in heaven. Oh, yeah, and the coffee in bed thing.

chicken
02-11-2009, 19:14
The guy on the right with the correct income will score more ladies than the pretty boy on the left.

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 19:19
The guy on the right with the correct income will score more ladies than the pretty boy on the left.

I call BS on that statement. Some of us ladies make our own money...:smiley32:

fanatique
02-11-2009, 19:24

Word. That's so true. Women might make their own money and scream equality everyday but they still expect to be pampered without being asked, on top of acting surprised when they DO get pampered.

The secret for us guys is realising this altruism. :smiley36:

chicken
02-11-2009, 19:32
Some of them even expect you to serve them coffee! I am in search of the high income low maintenance lady who brings me coffee and the paper!

Diver Kat
02-11-2009, 23:43
The guy on the right with the correct income will score more ladies than the pretty boy on the left.Not every woman is out there for the $$$. I think that's more perception than reality. For me, there were quite a few years where I made more $$$ than he did, these days he makes more. Either way it's no big deal .... as long as we have enough $$$ to go diving! :smiley14:

Word. That's so true. Women might make their own money and scream equality everyday but they still expect to be pampered without being asked, on top of acting surprised when they DO get pampered.

The secret for us guys is realising this altruism. :smiley36: What a crock!!! The average normal woman does not expect to be pampered. I don't know what women you guys are hanging around, but it sounds like you sure aren't picking the right ones! From my point of view, pampering is a two way street ... guys should get - as well as give - a bit of pampering. Nothing wrong with that!

RoyN
02-12-2009, 00:57
I have almost everything, but still no woman, don't know why. :smiley19:

I have wealth, commitment, a soft heart, but best of all is knowledge, but still I can't seem to hold a relationship. :13:

mm2002
02-12-2009, 05:32

I have wealth, commitment, a soft heart, but best of all is knowledge, but still I can't seem to hold a relationship. :13:

At your age, just enjoy life. There is plenty of time for a full time job.......er I mean relationship.

Lulubelle
02-12-2009, 06:10
The guy on the right with the correct income will score more ladies than the pretty boy on the left.Not every woman is out there for the $$$. I think that's more perception than reality. For me, there were quite a few years where I made more $$$ than he did, these days he makes more. Either way it's no big deal .... as long as we have enough $$$ to go diving! :smiley14:

The secret for us guys is realising this altruism. :smiley36: What a crock!!! The average normal woman does not expect to be pampered. I don't know what women you guys are hanging around, but it sounds like you sure aren't picking the right ones! From my point of view, pampering is a two way street ... guys should get - as well as give - a bit of pampering. Nothing wrong with that!

Agreed Kat. I call BS that this is the norm. I often make more than my boyfriends and it doesn't matter to me at all although some of them have had a hard time with it.

Guys, you PICK a high maintenance woman, you will GET a high maintenance woman, so maybe the issue here is your picking skills?

I will admit that I am HOLDING OUT for coffee in bed!:smiley36:

Lulubelle
02-12-2009, 06:12

Roy, the right ones don't come along that often in life, but I have a feeling that you will find one. Don't change who you are!~:smiley32:

Vercingetorix
02-12-2009, 08:33
I will admit that I am HOLDING OUT for coffee in bed!:smiley36:Shall I call you?...or nudge you?

gNats
02-12-2009, 08:43

I hear you Diver Kat - I've ended relationships because the pampering was so overboard and unwanted. If you are getting up to get a coke, bringing me back one is kind. But don't go out of your way to wait on me hand and foot.

Some women do demand that sort of attention. I generally find that those women have completely different interests and likes and dislikes than me. You can't be happy with that kind of woman and yet want to date me. We are as different as night and day.

And I agree - what most people call pampering, I consider to be common courtesy in a relationship and it is a two way street.

Lulubelle
02-12-2009, 08:58
I will admit that I am HOLDING OUT for coffee in bed!:smiley36:Shall I call you?...or nudge you?

Nudging is good, but V, it can't be YOU who brings me my coffee in bed. You don't make it past my single question i screen....:smiley36:

But can you please give these single guys some tips?

XOXO

L

Lulubelle
02-12-2009, 09:03
[
I hear you Diver Kat - I've ended relationships because the pampering was so overboard and unwanted. If you are getting up to get a coke, bringing me back one is kind. But don't go out of your way to wait on me hand and foot.

Some women do demand that sort of attention. I generally find that those women have completely different interests and likes and dislikes than me. You can't be happy with that kind of woman and yet want to date me. We are as different as night and day.

And I agree - what most people call pampering, I consider to be common courtesy in a relationship and it is a two way street.

I think what you are talking about gnats is stalking, guys who are so insecure that they want to be in your face every waking moment. Those kind are suffocating for girls like us. We need air.

Pampering that comes from other motivations (kindness, love, heck, even the desire to initiate ...extracurricular activities) is lovely. As a middle child, I am not used to it, but when it comes from a loving place and is unexpected, it is quite lovely.

And common courtesy should be second nature on both accounts.

Guys that see women as so demanding and having such overboard expectations of them need to understand that THEY ARE PICKING high maintenance women.

Vercingetorix
02-12-2009, 09:05
Nudging is good, but V, it can't be YOU who brings me my coffee in bed. You don't make it past my single question i screen....:smiley36:Sigh...

But can you please give these single guys some tips?Sure.

Guys...go chase chicks in Raleigh, N.C. They seem to have their sh*t together and know what they're looking for in life.

Diver Kat
02-12-2009, 09:15
Guys, you PICK a high maintenance woman, you will GET a high maintenance woman, so maybe the issue here is your picking skills? DING DING DING!!! I think you nailed it!! This was exactly what I thought ....

I will admit that I am HOLDING OUT for coffee in bed!:smiley36: I'm lucky enough that I often get my tea delivered on weekends! :smiley4:

I think you & I are on the same page Gnats ....

gNats
02-12-2009, 09:15

Wow - Chicken. What a statement.

Here again, are there women in this world who are more interested in procuring a financial safety net than a real relationship? Yes.

And, maybe some of the unhappy marriages in our Country are based on this fact and that is why some husbands do feel so alone and neglected. If money is all that brought them together what else is there?

However, I have found that women that go after money are usually with guys that went after looks. They were both picking their partner based on shallowness.

I know this thread topic started out as tongue-in-cheek. But, the statements I have been reading from many of the men in this thread demonstrate a very low opinion of what women look for when choosing to date (and marry).

You are all making huge stereotypes in a forum that I find hard to believe exist. Almost an oxy-moron if you think about it. The single females in this forum are single, yet seem to be able to manage their own hobby needs, such as gear purchases, travel, and dive expenses. Based on the postings I have read by the single women members of this forum, I don't know how that statement can be true in here.

If someone was just entering this forum and reading these threads, they would almost have to wonder if you are speaking from experience? That your wife (or ex-wife) demonstrates these qualities and you are amplifying them here in such a way to include those of us woman on the forum as this "type of gal".

Don't mean to rant here, but for all of you guys making very negative statements, shame on you. Don't arbitrarily toss us into that pot of stew.

LOL - Ok. I read and re-read. Common sense tells me that you guys are just hooting it up to see if you can get one of us to react. I guess I'll accept the spectre of reaction and leave this as is.

I still wag a finger at you and say Shame Shame.

gNats
02-12-2009, 09:22
Such a relief that someone has figured out what I want as so many of these posts say that they have! Whew!

Lulu- I've been absent from this thread, and catching up. OMG - I just about choked on my coffee. That statement was too funny.

:smilie40:

I guess I have been going about this all wrong!

Vercingetorix
02-12-2009, 09:23
I heard it said once:

Men accept marriage so they can have the sex. Women accept sex so they can have the marriage (security, children).

Discuss.

gNats
02-12-2009, 09:23
Guys, you PICK a high maintenance woman, you will GET a high maintenance woman, so maybe the issue here is your picking skills? DING DING DING!!! I think you nailed it!! This was exactly what I thought ....

I will admit that I am HOLDING OUT for coffee in bed!:smiley36: I'm lucky enough that I often get my tea delivered on weekends! :smiley4:

And, I bet you bring lemonade out to the garage on a hot day when hubby is doing chores!

gNats
02-12-2009, 09:26
I heard it said once:

Men accept marriage so they can have the sex. Women accept sex so they can have the marriage (security, children).

Discuss.

OMG - I can't stop laughing at this... The oxymoron of it.

GUYS, if you accept marriage to have sex, and the sex ends after the nuptials, (yeah, some women are crazy that way)

do you think its safe to say you are going about it the wrong way?

Okay Rick. This was funny. Yes, I've heard that statement and so many others similiar to it.

You guys really do fail in the rock, scissors, paper game don't you?

Diver Kat
02-12-2009, 09:28

And, I bet you bring lemonade out to the garage on a hot day when hubby is doing chores!
LOL .... that, and oh so much better .... I'll rub his 12-1/2 size feet when he's done!! :smiley36:

Diver Kat
02-12-2009, 09:36
I heard it said once:

Discuss.Didn't work that way for us .... we lived together for 3 years before getting married, and it was his idea to get married - not mine. Maybe that's why we're still married .... he didn't 'accept' marriage as some sort of punishment for getting lucky, he wanted it as a commitment to our relationship. I was the one that got lucky ... after all these years, he still remembers the day we started dating, and takes me out to a nice dinner, or cooks for me on that day every year ... we actually celebrate that more than our wedding anniversary.

Splitlip
02-12-2009, 11:04
OMG. I can't do this anymore after reading this thread further. I am only up to page 3, and I am done!

Way too much thought it seems ii needed to be a chick.

I'm out of here.

Tina

tfriend
02-12-2009, 11:07
All I can say is......good luck!

chicken
02-12-2009, 11:09
Nats, my comments were meant to be tounge in cheek. It's a rough world out there and sorting through the wants and desires can get frustrating. There are more folks (men and women) with agendas than true people looking for something meaningful and long term.

JCAT
02-12-2009, 11:14
...interesting thread

I will say that the opinions offered have not been typical, since divers are, by their nature, not typical people.

Just my opinion...

gNats
02-12-2009, 11:15
Nats, my comments were meant to be tounge in cheek. It's a rough world out there and sorting through the wants and desires can get frustrating. There are more folks (men and women) with agendas than true people looking for something meaningful and long term.

Yeah, I figured as much, and said as much in my post.

Should have just clicked backspace a couple hundred times, but by then, I was committed. I let it fly.

I'll be glad when everyone goes back to talking about diving. :smilie40:

Skred
02-12-2009, 11:27

:smiley32::smiley32::smiley32::smiley32::smiley32:

chicken
02-12-2009, 11:40
I'm diving Lake Lanier Sunday...water temps are up to 45 degrees! Now I wish I wasn't such a cheapskate and bought that drysuit on sale.

Diver Kat
02-12-2009, 12:05

LOL ... if nothing else, we convinced 'Tina' it's too hard to be a girl! :smiley36:

As for diving, I won't get wet again till March 18th, and the waiting is driving me CRAZY!!:smiley5:

Vercingetorix
02-12-2009, 12:22
I'll be glad when everyone goes back to talking about diving. This thread is NOT about diving. There are many threads on this forum which discuss that.

//yeah...there's a world outside of diving <LOL>

//FYI, if you regret a post, can can delete it. Hit the EDIT button. Hit the DELETE button. Gone!

Lulubelle
02-12-2009, 13:06
Guys...go chase chicks in Raleigh, N.C. They seem to have their sh*t together and know what they're looking for in life.

Thanks V, bring it on boys, I like to be chased!!!!

Discuss.

Uh, not true. If I ever choose marriage, he better be a freak.:smiley2:

LOL .... that, and oh so much better .... I'll rub his 12-1/2 size feet when he's done!! :smiley36:

Dang Kat, you have it ALL! Size 12? Nice.:smiley20:

Diver Kat
02-12-2009, 15:24
Dang Kat, you have it ALL! Size 12? Nice.:smiley20:In the grand scheme of things .... I'm DANG lucky!!! :smiley36:

chicken
02-12-2009, 16:17
If looks don't matter, then go here...

pictures ugly people girls men women photos pics photographs (http://www.marry-an-ugly-millionaire-online-dating-agency.com/pictures-ugly-people-girls-men-women-photos-pics-photographs-I19.htm)

Splitlip
02-12-2009, 17:46

LOL ... if nothing else, we convinced 'Tina' it's too hard to be a girl! :smiley36:

As for diving, I won't get wet again till March 18th, and the waiting is driving me CRAZY!!:smiley5:

Too much drama, man. Put a fork in me. I am done.

(Her last remark is too easy. PG-13, PG-13. Don't want Foo to pay me another visit.)

:tenker:

Hey Kat! :). I'm glad you get to scubadive by March 18th. Gee wizz. That is super.

gNats
02-12-2009, 18:00

(Her last remark is too easy. PG-13, PG-13. Don't want Foo to pay me another visit.)

Hey Nats! :). I'm glad you get to scubadive by March 18th. Gee wizz. That is super.

Um, I don't think you mean me. I am diving in 2 weeks. And probably within a week of that date too.

Splitlip
02-12-2009, 18:03

Hey Nats! :). I'm glad you get to scubadive by March 18th. Gee wizz. That is super.

Um, I don't think you mean me. I am diving in 2 weeks. And probably within a week of that date too.

All this parsing confuses me. I'll correct.

gNats
02-12-2009, 18:04

That's because you are Tim again. See, it is a proven fact that men can only concentrate on one thing at a time, while a woman's brain can track multiple things.

Go find your stockings and garter in the man cave and slip them back on. All of this will make sense after a few minutes.

Splitlip
02-12-2009, 18:12

That's because you are Tim again. See, it is a proven fact that men can only concentrate on one thing at a time, while a woman's brain can track multiple things.

Go find your stockings and garter in the man cave and slip them back on. All of this will make sense after a few minutes.

No. I am tipping my hat once more to all the women of the world and gonna mix myself a drink. Heading to Miami in the morning for the Boat Show with a couple of Buds and have not given a thought as to what I'm gonna wear.

DollFin
02-19-2009, 15:34
I've been away for waaaaayyyyy too long!! :)

Largo
02-19-2009, 15:40
What do women want in a man? Just two things.

An eye patch, and an Italian accent.

Splitlip
02-19-2009, 18:55
I've been away for waaaaayyyyy too long!! :)

You sure have, Sweet Lips. :smiley31:

I was gone as well for a while.

So, ah.. what are you wearing right now? :smiley2:

Lulubelle
02-19-2009, 19:07

You mean that day where you went 4 whole HOURS without logging in? That WAS a long time for you to be gone.

WB Dollfin!!

DollFin
02-19-2009, 19:25

Lots of Mardi Gras beads :D

Splitlip
02-19-2009, 19:25

You mean that day where you went 4 whole HOURS without logging in? That WAS a long time for you to be gone.

WB Dollfin!!

No..

Didn't you ever see "Fight Club"?

Well, I'm Edward Norton and "Tina" was Brad Pitt. :smilie39:

Splitlip
02-19-2009, 20:22

Lots of Mardi Gras beads :D
:smiley36:

emt
02-19-2009, 21:28

I'm not into the dating game presently or for the past 30 years however I do remember the days before I was married when I was dating.
1. I never remember a woman with a car offering to pick me up and take me to a movie on a date.
2. I never remember a woman offering to buy the meal on a date.
3. I never remember a woman walking around to open a door for me (I pampered women and still do).
I dated more women than I can remember and 100% were as mentioned.

The only exception was one mom who liked to slip me $20 bills when taking her daughter out. A very cool mom who I will never forget.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
02-19-2009, 21:40
Not only have I had some women pick me up for a date, pay for dinner, etc., but one woman paid off my student loan because she thought I had too much debt. There are some sugar mama's out there, believe it or not.

emt
02-19-2009, 21:51
Bouzoukijoe, You've got me wondering what % of your dating women offered these services?
I was married the day after completing college many years ago. Maybe things have greatly changed or I wasn't in the right town as previously mentioned.
Maybe the ladies just had not started making money yet. Wow, You got me wondering if I could have made money now....Do You? I may be very envious? (not really happily married 30yrs)

Splitlip
02-19-2009, 22:10
It's the 21st century, but I assure you I will treat women as I was taught.

However, in my career, I have worked for 2 female directors.

I have had women treat me. (it is hard after my upbringing, but they are not chattel.)

My only child is a girl. My mother would not permit her to have steriotypical "girl" toys such as washing machines and and vacuum cleaners.

When my daughter was playing with my nephew once I remember them saying my daughter needed to be the nurse and my nephew needed to be the doctor. I reminded them that their cousin Valerie is an MD and she married John, a nurse.

On the flip side (economy related) my daughter (16.5) works as a hostess at a local sports bar. She is looking for a job with different hours. I sent her to a restaurant I know at which a frend of mine works as a server. The server is is 23 and and had a high level position with a contracting firm. Sign of the times, she is now waiting tables.
I mentioned to my friend that my daughter (HS Junior) has expenses including gifts for her boy friend. Her reply was that the girl should pay nothing in a relationship.

Confusing? Yeah.

Hell, my wife was a Federal Cop who carried fire arms, made arrests (all men AFAIK), had a kevlar vest and assault weapons in the car when she went to Gymboree! :) ("the wheels on the bus go round and round")

02-19-2009, 22:31
This was way too many years ago. I've been out of the market for 20 years and I never dated many women so you can't draw any conclusions from my sample but I'd say that just about all of them. I don't recall any of them opening a door for me, though. I also belive in opening doors. And I can say that it is awkward opening the driver's side door for the woman taking you on a date. You develop a certain technique. Maybe I attracted a particular type of woman. I didn't have a thing for older women, but they seemed to have a thing for me- I'm sure that skewed my sample. A 38 year old woman who is settled in her career probably doesn't expect a 19 year old college student to pay her way, for example. She expects her man to make her feel special in other ways. Purely hypothetical, of course.

Lulubelle
02-19-2009, 22:48

I'm not into the dating game presently or for the past 30 years however I do remember the days before I was married when I was dating.
1. I never remember a woman with a car offering to pick me up and take me to a movie on a date.
2. I never remember a woman offering to buy the meal on a date.
3. I never remember a woman walking around to open a door for me (I pampered women and still do).
I dated more women than I can remember and 100% were as mentioned.

The only exception was one mom who liked to slip me $20 bills when taking her daughter out. A very cool mom who I will never forget.

Emt, your wife is a lucky woman, you sound like a true gent. I'm a southern girl and I like to feel like the girl when I am out on a date and for my date to act like the man. I like a fellow to pick me up, open my doors, etc. I can certainly survive if he doesn't, but he does become a little less appealing to me when those things aren't there. As for the $$, some of us girls are doing pretty good financially. Still, for the first few dates, I want to feel like the girl and have my date plan something that he can afford. It can be coffee or an ice cream cone or a nice long hike if he is on a budget. After that, I generally do offer to pay as I often make more than the fellows I date and I don't want them to go broke dating me. But if they do not accept easily, or if it would emasculate them to do so, I certainly don't push it.

I have male FRIENDS (both northern and southern) who have never let their sisters or dates or any female pay for anything. Some guys I have dated are like that too. Some are not. I wish they came with instructions sometimes so that I would know what I am supposed to do!!! It is not always easy to figure out these days. The important thing to me is that they are gentlemen.

Diver Kat
02-19-2009, 22:59
I've been away for waaaaayyyyy too long!! :)Yes, you have!!! I was wondering where you wandered off to! Glad you're back! :smiley1:

(Her last remark is too easy. PG-13, PG-13. Don't want Foo to pay me another visit.) Tim .... behave yourself!!! :disappointed:

Go find your stockings and garter in the man cave and slip them back on. All of this will make sense after a few minutes. gNats is correct .... and after you change clothes - PLEASE POST PICTURES!!!! :smilie39:

Diver Kat
02-19-2009, 23:43
On the flip side (economy related) my daughter (16.5) works as a hostess at a local sports bar. She is looking for a job with different hours. I sent her to a restaurant I know at which a frend of mine works as a server. The server is is 23 and and had a high level position with a contracting firm. Sign of the times, she is now waiting tables.
I mentioned to my friend that my daughter (HS Junior) has expenses including gifts for her boy friend. Her reply was that the girl should pay nothing in a relationship.

Confusing? Yeah.I agree ... it's confusing - and sad to think there are still people that believe a guy should be responsible for everything when dating. I grew up knowing too many of those girls to ever raise my daughter that way. Like yours, my daughter was brought up not to be a typical girly-girl (not to say she didn't like her Barbie doll! LOL!) She's comfortable paying her own way, or even paying for her date, if it was her invite. Of course she plays soccer with the guys - has since Jr. High - and got a job last summer working for Construction Services at the local university (which is kind of funny, as she has a Psychology degree!) So she's used to working with the guys as well .... I think both the upbringing, and all the time spent with guys makes her look at dating differently. I can say for sure, she's not looking for money, pretty-boy looks or even the bad boy. Might be the 'mom' influence, but currently she's interested in a nerdy geek! :smiley20:

DollFin
02-20-2009, 00:16
Unfortunately, working in the high-end hotels that I do, I see A LOT of "Barbie dolls" there with men at least twice their age and the men are throwing money around like it was nothing... oh yeah, real love going on there - all I can think was how the hell were these girls raised? What got them on the path of "I'm not worth anything on my own, I'll just get some fake boobs and find a rich guy to take care of me"??

DollFin
02-20-2009, 00:19
OK, someone get me up to speed on this whole Tim/Tina thing please??? I think I missed some good stuff here!!

02-20-2009, 00:41
Unfortunately, working in the high-end hotels that I do, I see A LOT of "Barbie dolls" there with men at least twice their age and the men are throwing money around like it was nothing... oh yeah, real love going on there - all I can think was how the hell were these girls raised? What got them on the path of "I'm not worth anything on my own, I'll just get some fake boobs and find a rich guy to take care of me"??

I bet there are also a lot of men out there with fake money thinking they can find a woman with fake boobs to take care of them. ;)

Unfortunately it's the culture and has been for some time. An old joke from the 50s goes something like this- A ski resort is where girls go to find husbands and where husbands go to find girls.

02-20-2009, 00:45
One more thing before I call it a night. I know this guy who is a multi-millionaire with a house on Lake Tahoe. One day the phone rings and he hears one of his lady friends talking to someone. She said among other things "I don't really like him but he's rich so I'm going to see where it goes". She had her cell phone in her purse and the auto-dial had accidently activated. Needless to say, the relationship did not go much further.

Diver Kat
02-20-2009, 10:13
OK, someone get me up to speed on this whole Tim/Tina thing please??? I think I missed some good stuff here!! That will teach you to go away for too long!!!

If I remember correctly ... this is the thread you need to read to catch up on 'Tina' .... although you missed out on all the role reversal avatars that went along with the thread, so it may be a bit confusing!

http://forum.scubatoys.com/welcome-our-scuba-forum-introduce-yourself/20897-im-not-really-girl.html

Lulubelle
02-20-2009, 13:15
OK, someone get me up to speed on this whole Tim/Tina thing please??? I think I missed some good stuff here!!

Dollfin, just straight up Gender Dysphoria. You should be used to that living in NOLA.

gNats
02-20-2009, 13:46
Bouzoukijoe, You've got me wondering what % of your dating women offered these services?
I was married the day after completing college many years ago. Maybe things have greatly changed or I wasn't in the right town as previously mentioned.
Maybe the ladies just had not started making money yet. Wow, You got me wondering if I could have made money now....Do You? I may be very envious? (not really happily married 30yrs)

Actually, I have on many occassions picked up the tab at dinner or bought the pre-dinner drinks or snacks at the movie theatre. I try to once every 10 dates or so. If my entertainment budget is low, I usually invite the guy over for a home cooked meal and movie.

Most of the MEN I have dated, like to be the one driving. No big deal. It makes them feel important. However, I have on numerous occassions gone to THEIR house to be driven by them in my car.

A lot has changed in 30 years. Sorry you missed it.

gNats
02-20-2009, 13:48
A 38 year old woman who is settled in her career probably doesn't expect a 19 year old college student to pay her way, for example. She expects her man to make her feel special in other ways. Purely hypothetical, of course.

You must have pleased her properly, well, in a purely hypothetical manner of course.

mm2002
02-20-2009, 17:39
Dollfin, just straight up Gender Dysphoria. You should be used to that living in NOLA.

I agree. Gender Dysphoria is a terrible disease. I came back to my senses and used a real pic of me for my avatar.

Diver Kat
02-20-2009, 18:22

I agree. Gender Dysphoria is a terrible disease. I came back to my senses and used a real pic of me for my avatar.
Poor 'Marcy' was the shy one ... and Tina took all the attention! :smiley13:

(And I'm not so sure you had any senses to come back too! LOL!! :smiley2:)

mksmith713
03-06-2009, 08:09
I'm the perect guy, just ask my ex-wives......:)

scubastud
03-08-2009, 03:48
Please note this.. this is a fact...
Women do not I repeat DO NOT want this so called "metro-sexual" type.
They want a protector, someone that acts like a man, someone that will hold the door for them and pick up the check at dinner..
Women do not want opera partners or a weenie that will look at some stupid painting, purse thier lips as if sucking through a straw and then quote some obscure french phrase...
They don't want you to cry or talk about your feelings... they want a man.