PDA

View Full Version : single again!!

shawnwill36
02-08-2009, 09:39
well fellas im single again. im sure at 37 i should be ready to settle down but im glad to be single again! my friends tell me i just havent found the right one and im sure they are right. tell me what ya'll think. i had a dive planned and she wanted me to change my plans the week of the dive, dont get me wrong i would have if there was a reason but she wanted me to stay with her just cuz she wanted me to. i kind of felt like she was trying to control me. was i being to selfish? i know it would be much easier if i found one that was a diver.

FishFood
02-08-2009, 09:42
i know it would be much easier if i found one that was a diver.

So then you've figured everything out. What's the problem?

Go cruise the local dive spot for chicks. :smiley20:

Vegas
02-08-2009, 09:46
ooooo..... hey.... I'm 37 and single...... tell me, do you do deco? :smiley2:

(oops - sorry! Just realized I'm in the GUY's area....I'll go back to my side of the forum!)

Lulubelle
02-08-2009, 09:50
well fellas im single again. im sure at 37 i should be ready to settle down but im glad to be single again! my friends tell me i just havent found the right one and im sure they are right. tell me what ya'll think. i had a dive planned and she wanted me to change my plans the week of the dive, dont get me wrong i would have if there was a reason but she wanted me to stay with her just cuz she wanted me to. i kind of felt like she was trying to control me. was i being to selfish? i know it would be much easier if i found one that was a diver.

Sorry to step into man land, but I agree, it was petty for her to ask you to change your dive plans if there was nothing that she needed you for at home (family things, kids, whatever). To me, if I had a spouse who had a healthy habit that involved some exercise, I'd be very supportive of them continuing to do it especially if it wasn't taking away from some critical responsibility.

Sounds like you and Vegas need to meet! If you think you can keep up with her.

Rileybri
02-08-2009, 10:22
To put it into perspective you dont need a partner who dives so long as you have one that understands your passion for diving. My wife cat dive due to inner ear issues however she not only supports my love of diving but encourages it as well. The way she sees it when I am happy she is happy and vise versa. Dont rule someone out just because they dont dive. Rule them because they are manipulative, needy or just plane not right for you! Good luck........

gNats
02-08-2009, 10:28
Hey Shawn,

Sorry to hear that you are single again. You are relieved because it wasn't the right person. Once you have had time to stew on this, I'm sure you will find other warning signals than just this example.

I understand Riley's point - support and understanding go a long way. However, if diving is a passion, and it is something you see yourself prioritizing finances, travel, and other decisions around, then a diver with the same level (or an enthusiastic level) of passion for diving can only be a win-win. You will have a buddy and a wonderful partner who you can share things with.

Okay, enough Mush for the post.

Have yourself a selfish moment, go on the dive, enjoy yourself and look forward to your next encounter.

Lulu is gonna be all over this one :smiley2:

Lulubelle
02-08-2009, 10:41
Hey Shawn,

Sorry to hear that you are single again. You are relieved because it wasn't the right person. Once you have had time to stew on this, I'm sure you will find other warning signals than just this example.

I understand Riley's point - support and understanding go a long way. However, if diving is a passion, and it is something you see yourself prioritizing finances, travel, and other decisions around, then a diver with the same level (or an enthusiastic level) of passion for diving can only be a win-win. You will have a buddy and a wonderful partner who you can share things with.

Okay, enough Mush for the post.

Have yourself a selfish moment, go on the dive, enjoy yourself and look forward to your next encounter.

Lulu is gonna be all over this one :smiley2:

Naaah, no need gnats. I just hate it when people henpeck their spouses about hobbies that are good for them. It can work just fine regardless of whether or not a partner is a diver. My brother played college b ball. He likes to play in a gym league and gets all kinds of grief about it. It is the only exercise he does. If he was my husband, I'd be kicking him out the door to do it.

I claim the single life, shawnwill, once you get used to it it is terrific!

Vegas
02-08-2009, 10:45
well fellas im single again. . . . . . tell me what ya'll think. i had a dive planned and she wanted me to change my plans the week of the dive, dont get me wrong i would have if there was a reason . . . ..

. . . . it was petty for her to ask you to change your dive plans . . . . . .

Sounds like you and Vegas need to meet! If you think you can keep up with her.

Thanks LuLu! lol...
Call me demanding, but I find NOTHING wrong with changing dive plans in the middle of the week for your lady!

....sometimes it gets windy here - so we change the plan!! Instead of 35 minutes at 160' in wreck alley...we might change to 25 minutes at 175' in black canyon. :smiley20:

You just have to be flexible! :smiley2:

....and here's a tip....when this lady says she wants "undergarments" for valentine's day...she's talking about Weezle, not Victoria's Secret! :D (Well, Ok, maybe both)

gNats
02-08-2009, 10:48
Naaah, no need gnats. I just hate it when people henpeck their spouses about hobbies that are good for them. It can work just fine regardless of whether or not a partner is a diver. My brother played college b ball. He likes to play in a gym league and gets all kinds of grief about it. It is the only exercise he does. If he was my husband, I'd be kicking him out the door to do it.

I claim the single life, shawnwill, once you get used to it it is terrific!

Lulu - how the heck did I lob one over your head - you self-proclaimed matchmaker!

hahahahaha - any lower and I would have nicked your nose.

Nope GF - I meant you would be finding a reason to get Shawn and Vegas at the same dive site.

:smilie40:

rustyshakelford
02-08-2009, 11:15
think about all the money you can spend on yourself shawn! I think you should get yourself something very special for valentines day this year

brett

cummings66
02-08-2009, 11:22
i had a dive planned and she wanted me to change my plans the week of the dive, dont get me wrong i would have if there was a reason but she wanted me to stay with her just cuz she wanted me to.

I'm a guy and I have found that this does happen from time to time. Normally it's because I have been neglectful of her prior and she's just longing for more "me" time. I will usually try to be more attentive to her prior to a dive trip to insure that this does not occur.

Being married is a two way street, it's give and take. I believe that each must be supportive of the other and give them personal time to themselves and also include the couples time together. If you don't have both there can be a breakdown in the relationship.

Diving, or any hobby isn't make or break, what is is how much "quality" time you spend or don't spend with the other.

At any rate, pay attention to the little things and the big things take care of themselves. Good luck next time around. Just remember, when a person has to ask for time it's usually late and results in pain. Far easier to give it before it's asked for.

Splitlip
02-08-2009, 11:33
i had a dive planned and she wanted me to change my plans the week of the dive, dont get me wrong i would have if there was a reason but she wanted me to stay with her just cuz she wanted me to.

I'm a guy and I have found that this does happen from time to time.

Matt:
You have to make that clear up front. It IS getting a little confusing around here as of late.
:smilie39:

Rileybri
02-08-2009, 11:54

I'm a guy and I have found that this does happen from time to time. Normally it's because I have been neglectful of her prior and she's just longing for more "me" time. I will usually try to be more attentive to her prior to a dive trip to insure that this does not occur.

Being married is a two way street, it's give and take. I believe that each must be supportive of the other and give them personal time to themselves and also include the couples time together. If you don't have both there can be a breakdown in the relationship.

Diving, or any hobby isn't make or break, what is is how much "quality" time you spend or don't spend with the other.

At any rate, pay attention to the little things and the big things take care of themselves. Good luck next time around. Just remember, when a person has to ask for time it's usually late and results in pain. Far easier to give it before it's asked for.

And all this time I though it was the little girl posting to the forum. It all makes so much more sense now........:smilie39:

Vegas
02-08-2009, 12:21
. . . .

. . . .

Well said.
....but is it unreasonable to think of deco stops as "quality time" spent together?

It just might be those quiet moments, looking into each other's eyes, (then verifying what mix he's breathing)
and not saying a word, that truly makes love special. :smiley31:

ektess1
02-08-2009, 12:29

Ouch. That hurt. Try not getting personnal next time.

mselizann
02-08-2009, 16:04
It is so much easier being a girl....and a female diver- for dating purposes. It has to be hard for you guys to find a woman who shares your interests.......

mm2002
02-08-2009, 16:08
I'm divorced, and live with my ex-wife. We love diving together, and are good parents for our kids. I flirt with other girls now, and she can't say anything about it. I think it turns her on. I do love her with all my heart though. I am good friends with a guy named Tina, and I've changed my name to Marcy. I'm ugly and proud of it. I'm going to teach my daughters how to dive with a BP/W. I drink beer and drive a Suburban. I'm a farmer.

I guess what I'm trying to say is.....welcome to dysfunctionality!!! :smiley20:

emt
02-08-2009, 17:36
Shawnwill - single again!!

The older I get, the more I see that was a short time in my life. Enjoy every moment.

Splitlip
02-08-2009, 17:43
I'm divorced, and live with my ex-wife. We love diving together, and are good parents for our kids. I flirt with other girls now, and she can't say anything about it. I think it turns her on. I do love her with all my heart though. I am good friends with a guy named Tina, and I've changed my name to Marcy. I'm ugly and proud of it. I'm going to teach my daughters how to dive with a BP/W. I drink beer and drive a Suburban. I'm a farmer.

Who you calling a guy?

Vegas
02-08-2009, 17:43
It is so much easier being a girl....and a female diver- for dating purposes. It has to be hard for you guys to find a woman who shares your interests.......

I have to agree....or at least I USED to. It was no trouble finding a date or dive buddy as a single woman recreational diver.

<be warned girls!> It seems like once I went tech the options reduced considerably - a lot fewer around, and of those, most seem to be "taken". -- oh well, I still get to enjoy the eye-candy, generally being the only woman on the boat. <shrug>

In training, the heightened risks and potential consequences of technical diving were certainly addressed...but I don't remember ANYONE mentioning this one. :(

Tis alright...I know made a decision a long time ago that I won't "settle" ~ and some day a great guy will come along for me to decompress with. :) Until then, I am quite happy carrying my own equipment! LOL!

Splitlip
02-08-2009, 17:49

I have to agree....or at least I USED to. It was no trouble finding a date or dive buddy as a single woman recreational diver.

<be warned girls!> It seems like once I went tech the options reduced considerably - a lot fewer around, and of those, most seem to be "taken". -- oh well, I still get to enjoy the eye-candy, generally being the only woman on the boat. <shrug>

In training, the heightened risks and potential consequences of technical diving were certainly addressed...but I don't remember ANYONE mentioning this one. :(

Tis alright...I know made a decision a long time ago that I won't "settle" ~ and some day a great guy will come along for me to decompress with. :) Until then, I am quite happy carrying my own equipment! LOL!

Why limit your opportunities to Tech divers? My experience has been they are not nearly as fun as rec divers. Too serious. And frankly, Sweetie, very boring.

Vercingetorix
02-08-2009, 17:59
I agree with Tina; why limit yourself to tech divers. Think of all the new and interesting things you can teach to the rec diver. New devices. New techniques. You can teach him to satisfy your needs just the way you want because you're more experienced.

//I'm talking diving here...mmmm, k?

Splitlip
02-08-2009, 18:14
Exactly! Good point.

I agree with Tina; why limit yourself to tech divers. Think of all the new and interesting things you can teach to the rec diver. New devices. New techniques. You can teach him to satisfy your needs just the way you want because you're more experienced.

//I'm talking diving here...mmmm, k?

mm2002
02-08-2009, 18:17

Who you calling a guy?

I was referring to Tina D. You're Tina L., right?
Sorry for the confusion. No insult intended.

Vegas
02-08-2009, 18:17
Why limit your opportunities to Tech divers? My experience has been they are not nearly as fun as rec divers. Too serious. And frankly, Sweetie, very boring.

LOL! I certainly wouldn't call them boring...but maybe the folks you know are different than that the folks I know...let's just say their sense of humor is different....very very different <chuckle>

And I would not "disqualify" a recreational diver as someone to date...but that includes many similar issues as dating a non diver...but maybe even worse? He dives, I dive, but often drastically different profiles? He's on a boat, I'm on a boat, but doing different things with different team-mates? It just seems kinda weird.

Plus - think about how you talk about stuff with other divers...gear, profiles, trips, dive sites, etc. (stuff non-divers either don't get or would just be sick or hearing about quickly) - and all the "activity-related humor" - you know what I mean?

As a tech diver the conversations have the same topics, but all different details...different gear, different profiles, different trips, different dive sites....and different jokes.
(let a man impress me with the size of his Haskell!)

Before I got bit the tech-bug I probably would have tired quickly of hearing about deco, high percentages of Nitrox, detailed gas-planning, diving to depths with no ambient light, and all the things in the Lake that there are to see way below 130'. It may have even bugged me a bit, figuring I would never see them. <shrug>

I dunno.....

gNats
02-08-2009, 18:20

And I would not "disqualify" a recreational diver as someone to date...but that includes many similar issues as dating a non diver...but maybe even worse? He dives, I dive, but often drastically different profiles? He's on a boat, I'm on a boat, but doing different things with different team-mates? It just seems kinda weird.

Or, heaven forbid, he only owns a 3mm shorty and doesn't dive in water temps lower than 81 deg F. and only dives when he has 100 viz.

Sheesh. Might as well be on different planets. :smiley2:

Vegas
02-08-2009, 18:22
Or, heaven forbid, he only owns a 3mm shorty and doesn't dive in water temps lower than 81 deg F. and only dives when he has 100 viz.

...see, now it could be doable as long as he's interested in setting up a fill station, and looking into some matching his and hers scooters!

Splitlip
02-08-2009, 18:23

I don't have a chance, do I? :smiley36: Though I do have a 3/2 jump suit.

Vercingetorix
02-09-2009, 07:54
:smiley36:I thought I had learned long ago.."Do not judge by appearances".
But like most guys, I'm still just a dumb caveman.Ah ha!!!

You've been re-outed. Or, you may be a guy, pretending to be girl who is pretending to be a guy:smiley36:

dallasdivergirl
02-09-2009, 08:35
you guys don't seem to be helping Shawnwill too much lately.

All you married guys must have some sisters or sisters in law that dive right? V? Tim/Tina?

Vercingetorix
02-09-2009, 08:52

All you married guys must have some sisters or sisters in law that dive right? V? Tim/Tina?My sister lives in California and is married. My sister-in-law is married, and I just gave my nephew (her son) a Discover Scuba session for his birthday. That's it...I'm all out.

Now, on the other hand DDG, you're single and a diver. Hmmm...

On a more serious note: I'm sorry the break-up occurred. I will assume there was a lot of emotional capital vested in the relationship; otherwise, this OP would not have been mentioned.

My first marriage broke-up when I was about the same age. Several years later, found another wonderful woman, and I've been with her ever since. I just hope my current wife never finds out about her. (rim-shot!!!)

Stay strong, bro. We're pulling for you. Remember, we're all in this together

justgetwet
02-09-2009, 09:57
well brother man, i am in the same boat just about, met the girl while i was doing my OW then last week when my buddy and I were planning a dive, all of the sudden I fell into the "friend" category. hmmm go figure.

Splitlip
02-09-2009, 11:33

All you married guys must have some sisters or sisters in law that dive right? V? Tim/Tina?

Why would I let him get away? He sounds hot. Right age. I would like to see a pic though.

mm2002
02-09-2009, 18:57
Why would I let him get away? He sounds hot. Right age. I would like to see a pic though.

I was thinking the same thing, but was afraid to say it. Thanks for breaking the ice Tina.

gNats
02-09-2009, 19:16

I was thinking the same thing, but was afraid to say it. Thanks for breaking the ice Tina.

Shawn,

Tina and Marcy seem really into you. You should give them a good look-see and determine if there is any magic.

Don't let those stubbly chins or large adams apples put you off. Some hormone therapy and a good razor blade will fix that easily.

dallasdivergirl
02-09-2009, 19:41

All you married guys must have some sisters or sisters in law that dive right? V? Tim/Tina?My sister lives in California and is married. My sister-in-law is married, and I just gave my nephew (her son) a Discover Scuba session for his birthday. That's it...I'm all out.

Now, on the other hand DDG, you're single and a diver. Hmmm...

On a more serious note: I'm sorry the break-up occurred. I will assume there was a lot of emotional capital vested in the relationship; otherwise, this OP would not have been mentioned.

My first marriage broke-up when I was about the same age. Several years later, found another wonderful woman, and I've been with her ever since. I just hope my current wife never finds out about her. (rim-shot!!!)

Stay strong, bro. We're pulling for you. Remember, we're all in this together

Just because I am not married doesn't mean I am single. Please don't try to put me on the market. I am very happily dating someone (I know, poor man, you all feel for him)

Shawn, I feel your pain, being single again sucks. 2.5 years ago I got divorced and I swore to never date again. Then I swore to only date divers...I have stuck with the diver part. Those other guys just don't understand.

terfmop
02-09-2009, 20:47
Then I swore to only date divers...I have stuck with the diver part.

Although I'm single for a different reason, I might take thise advice if I decide to begin dating again....might avert diver-relational problems.

dallasdivergirl
02-09-2009, 22:03
Then I swore to only date divers...I have stuck with the diver part.

Although I'm single for a different reason, I might take thise advice if I decide to begin dating again....might avert diver-relational problems.

It helps. My ex husband was certified but wouldn't go past OW. I am now at master diver. I like having someone around that's not worried about the guys at the shop or in the pool. I consider anything that's not my personal diving as work diving so there for they are co-workers/students and off limits. As long as they realize it's just an obsession and one that will end up taking us to tropical locations, I am good. There was one guy, nice as could be, but something didn't click. I don't know if it was that he refused to get certified but some part of me thinks it might be. Plus, I will always have back up gear! :D

shawnwill36
02-10-2009, 14:41
thanks for the support everyone. im kind of enjoying the down time. b sides i was kinda checking out nats :)

mm2002
02-10-2009, 17:36
Please don't try to put me on the market. I am very happily dating someone (I know, poor man, you all feel for him)

I don't feel for him a bit. He's dating a chick diver, so in my books he's a lucky man!!! :smiley20:
(don't forget, I'm still your brother)

Splitlip
02-10-2009, 18:35
thanks for the support everyone. im kind of enjoying the down time. b sides i was kinda checking out nats :)

A squirrel in a trench coat instead of

<---------

Knock yourself out.

gNats
02-10-2009, 18:42

<---------

Knock yourself out.

Don't make me come after you Tina.

Splitlip
02-10-2009, 18:44

<---------

Knock yourself out.

Promises ....promises...

gNats
02-10-2009, 18:50

<---------

Knock yourself out.

Promises ....promises...

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

A squirrel in a trench coat is better than a woman with an identity crisis. Anyway - you are probably high maintenance. I've read threads in the women's forum where you talk about designer shoes with Lulu and others.

Splitlip
02-10-2009, 19:01

<---------

Knock yourself out.

Promises ....promises...

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

A squirrel in a trench coat is better than a woman with an identity crisis. Anyway - you are probably high maintenance. I've read threads in the women's forum where you talk about designer shoes with Lulu and others.

Then you know I am just as happy with Tory Burch as Robert Clergerie. with Coach as Prada. with Audi as Mercedes.....

Lulubelle
02-10-2009, 19:57

Hey! Nats! I am called to defend Tina and myself...Don't be calling us shoehorses high maintenance!!! At least one of us is most definitely NOT.

Then you know I am just as happy with Tory Burch as Robert Clergerie. with Coach as Prada. with Audi as Mercedes.....

Tina said Robert Clergerie...swoon...how does she know about such things? But she forgot about Claudia Ciuti...my fave....

gNats
02-10-2009, 20:00

Hey! Nats! I am called to defend Tina and myself...Don't be calling us shoehorses high maintenance!!! At least one of us is most definitely NOT.

Tina said Robert Clergerie...swoon...how does she know about such things? But she forgot about Claudia Ciuti...my fave....

Me bad. Sorry Lulu - you are the last I would call High Maintenance.

But that Tina, phew - what a name dropper. I bet she orders everything just so and on the side.

Wonder what her SAC rate is?

Splitlip
02-10-2009, 20:54

But that Tina, phew - what a name dropper. I bet she orders everything just so and on the side.

All the eateries in which I dine offer ala carte only. (Ruth's Chris, Moton's etc)

I would not be caught dead in restaurant that tells me what sides the entree includes. Might as well say "super size it." :smiley36:

tfriend
02-11-2009, 08:13
I know how you feel man, I have a girlfriend right now, and I think im at the stage where I want to be single and free. I recently picked up the hobby of scuba diving, and it seems she gets mad when I bring up the topic of scuba diving or buy something related to scuba diving. I dont need a girlfriend of 8 months telling me what and how to spend my money.

Vercingetorix
02-11-2009, 09:32
Wonder what her SAC rate is?I'm guessing about five a week.

Oh...SAC...not "sack"...sorry, my bad.

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 13:09

In your and Tina's dreams! My understanding is that you married folk have far worse SAC rates than the rest of us!:smiley36:

gNats
02-11-2009, 13:22

In your and Tina's dreams! My understanding is that you married folk have far worse SAC rates than the rest of us!:smiley36:

heeeheeeheee oh, you tickle me Lulu.

Yeah, some of the married folk on this forum always seem to be complaining about their SAC rate.

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 13:26

Yeah, some of the married folk on this forum always seem to be complaining about their SAC rate.

Perhaps if they spent a little less time on this forum they might find that their SAC rate would improve a bit. Ya THINK?:smilie39:

gNats
02-11-2009, 13:31

Perhaps if they spent a little less time on this forum they might find that their SAC rate would improve a bit. Ya THINK?:smilie39:

At the risk of having this thread censored again, I bow to your wit. :smiley20: And choose not to get myself in trouble with the Michael Jordan you laid on me. Swoosh - all net. (or is it swish?)

Basketball references for Lulu who is a member of the March Madness nonsense.

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 13:42

At the risk of having this thread censored again, I bow to your wit. :smiley20: And choose not to get myself in trouble with the Michael Jordan you laid on me. Swoosh - all net. (or is it swish?)

:smiley31: to you too gnat. I think it is me who would be bowing to you, shorty.

You are correct, the MJ is a "swoosh". I got to see him swoosh for free for a year, that's where I got my techniques from.

Thanks for reminding me to put my bball back up, it is game night,

BEAT DUKE.

gNats
02-11-2009, 13:49

:smiley31: to you too gnat. I think it is me who would be bowing to you, shorty.

You are correct, the MJ is a "swoosh". I got to see him swoosh for free for a year, that's where I got my techniques from.

Thanks for reminding me to put my bball back up, it is game night,

BEAT DUKE.

I was thinking of Michael when he was in Chicago and playing for the Bulls. But, he went to school in your neck of the woods, eh? I would have thought you were too young to see him in college B-ball, so how did you get a year of Michael?

Other than the Hanes commercials (wow) I only of watched him in the animated movie with Bugs Bunny. That was a cute movie. I think I have witnessed less than 20 minutes total of basketball in my lifetime.

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 14:09
I was thinking of Michael when he was in Chicago and playing for the Bulls. But, he went to school in your neck of the woods, eh? I would have thought you were too young to see him in college B-ball, so how did you get a year of Michael?

Dang, girl, I thought you were my friend, and here you go outing me, and right before my birthday too!

Michael is a homeboy, from Wilmington, NC. He was at UNC from 1982-1984. I was a freshman there right before he went pro in 1984. I lived in the old bball player's dorm (in Billy Cunningham's room no less) and walked across the street to all of the games which were in a small arena at the time. It would make anyone an NCAA bball fan!

Back to SAC rates....

gNats
02-11-2009, 14:16

Dang, girl, I thought you were my friend, and here you go outing me, and right before my birthday too!

Michael is a homeboy, from Wilmington, NC. He was at UNC from 1982-1984. I was a freshman there right before he went pro in 1984. I lived in the old bball player's dorm (in Billy Cunningham's room no less) and walked across the street to all of the games which were in a small arena at the time. It would make anyone an NCAA bball fan!

Back to SAC rates....

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be an out (and don't forget we share the same birth years!) I just thought Michael was much older than us. That by the time you got to college he would have been gone.

Sorry, I am completely shocked that he was still there during your freshman year.

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 14:23
Maybe it was that youthful glow I have in the pictures that you saw that has you doubting? He left school two years early, he actually came back and finished with my class in 1987.

It was a good time...Sam Perkins was still there too. He ended up being my upstairs neighbor when I lived in Indy and he was with the Pacers.

Dang, outed right before my birthday.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be an out (and don't forget we share the same birth years!) I just thought Michael was much older than us. That by the time you got to college he would have been gone.

Sorry, I am completely shocked that he was still there during your freshman year.

gNats
02-11-2009, 14:25
Hey, you didn't have to get outted. You could have said your big brother took you to the games as a special treat. And, he held your hand when you crossed the bigGER streets.

And Michael winked at you and you dropped your stuffed teddy bear.

Lots you could have said to avoid the outting. :smiley2:

Maybe it was that youthful glow I have in the pictures that you saw that has you doubting? He left school two years early, he actually came back and finished with my class in 1987.

It was a good time...Sam Perkins was still there too. He ended up being my upstairs neighbor when I lived in Indy and he was with the Pacers.

Dang, outed right before my birthday.

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 14:31
Yeah, well, I guess I don't really CARE. I look a goodly bit younger than I am because I am SINGLE.

gNats
02-11-2009, 14:32
Yeah, well, I guess I don't really CARE. I look a goodly bit younger than I am because I am SINGLE.

A huge AMEN there sista'.

mm2002
02-11-2009, 17:10
You two get along so well. That's awesome. reading the last two pages almost seemed like I was eavesdropping on a private phone conversation. :smiley36:

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 17:15
You two get along so well. That's awesome. reading the last two pages almost seemed like I was eavesdropping on a private phone conversation. :smiley36:

Marcy, it is our girl power you see, come join us:smiley20:

Shouldn't you be working on your SAC rate instead of playing on the forum?

Lulubelle

BEAT DOOK

mm2002
02-11-2009, 17:27
Shouldn't you be working on your SAC rate instead of playing on the forum?

"Playing"? Hey Sis, I'm not just playing around here....this is serious business. :smiley36:

Vercingetorix
02-11-2009, 17:31
http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/1/4/6/hijacked_jpg.jpeg

mm2002
02-11-2009, 18:20
So what was the topic of the original thread? I could page back but I'm lazy.
Is it too late to save it?

Splitlip
02-11-2009, 18:27

I call BS. You know what they say; "just because you're on a diet......"

Lulubelle
02-11-2009, 18:48

I call BS. You know what they say; "just because you're on a diet......"

?? Don't understand what you mean Tina.

Call BS all you want, as much time as you spend on this forum, your SAC rate surely has suffered unless you have figured out how to type at the same time :smiley36:

Being a girl though, you can work on your SAC rate any time you like and as often as you like. The choice is always yours!:smiley20: Girl power!

Splitlip
02-11-2009, 18:51
Agree. Easier for us than the guys.

fanatique
02-11-2009, 19:42
Dude, you're right. There was no reason for her to ask you to cancel your dive trip, and "just because" isn't valid. You'll learn over that being single does have its perks. Go out, meet new people, dive, and have fun. Cheers!

mksmith713
03-06-2009, 08:16
The only thing better than being single again at 37 is being single again at 37 and living somewhere, like Lauderdale, where you can dive every day after work and not have a catch a bunch of crap aboout it.