PDA

View Full Version : Where Heck is KennyD?!

gNats
02-08-2009, 19:08
By my calculations, he should have been home today. Why no word from him? He posts while on vacation but is missing the weekend he returns.

c'mon kenny - how was it? did you love it? I have photos from my trip - but they are not here. I have to tell you where in PM.

Dark Wolf
02-08-2009, 20:16
Sure hope everything is all right. Surely he made it through customs?! :)

DW

Splitlip
02-08-2009, 21:35
http://forum.scubatoys.com/caribbean-central-america/20216-bonaire-deep-blue-view-anyone-stayed-here.html

I'd say he is fine.

But what do I know.:)

navyhmc
02-08-2009, 23:48
A serious case of jet lag????

plot
02-09-2009, 16:30
... i just hope a doorknob isn't involved

gNats
02-09-2009, 16:37
... i just hope a doorknob isn't involved

and the winner is ....

:smiley32:

navyhmc
02-09-2009, 23:27
Still nothing from Kenny

I may have to go hunt him down and tell him to post durnit!

gNats
02-10-2009, 07:32
I thought for sure he would be posting about the trip or something. And, it's not like him to miss out on some of the more lively discussions.

I was sure it was a trip for 1 week, not 2. Okay, Navy or someone, call and make sure he didn't <accidentally> lose his passport and is stuck in Bonaire!

navyhmc
02-10-2009, 07:55
I'll see what I can do...

Diver Kat
02-10-2009, 14:16
I'm sure he's suffering post traumatic trip depression .... and wondering where is Esther with his breakfast! Re-entry into the real world can be harsh!!

KennyD
02-10-2009, 18:09
I'm sure he's suffering post traumatic trip depression .... and wondering where is Esther with his breakfast! Re-entry into the real world can be harsh!!
Yes I'm alive...:smiley11: And the above statement is very true. Esther and Menno were wonderful. The diving was F-Ing GREAT...and the food was just as good. Yes, 26 dives! I got my $$$$ worth..And my blood was Foamy...:smilie39: The wife took over 500+ pictures so she is in the process of editing them. And several video's as well.

Dive sites:
Front Porch II
Something Special IIII
Buddy's Reef
Karpata
1000 Steps
Weber's Joy
Jeff Davis Memorial
Oil Slick Leap II
Cliff
Windsock III
Bachelor's Beach
The Lake
Hilma Hooker III Penetration Dives
Angel City (Wife Called it "Demon City") She got rolled on exit!! BAD!!
Alice in Wonderland '
Pink Beach
Atlantis

navyhmc
02-10-2009, 18:17
I will cancel the search party! Glad to hear you had a good time Kenny, see ya on the 28th!

gNats
02-10-2009, 18:26
Yes I'm alive...:smiley11: And the above statement is very true. Esther and Menno were wonderful. The diving was F-Ing GREAT...and the food was just as good. Yes, 26 dives! I got my $$$$ worth..And my blood was Foamy...:smilie39: The wife took over 500+ pictures so she is in the process of editing them. And several video's as well.

Dive sites:
Front Porch II
Something Special IIII
Buddy's Reef
Karpata
1000 Steps
Weber's Joy
Jeff Davis Memorial
Oil Slick Leap II
Cliff
Windsock III
Bachelor's Beach
The Lake
Hilma Hooker III Penetration Dives
Angel City (Wife Called it "Demon City") She got rolled on exit!! BAD!!
Alice in Wonderland '
Pink Beach
Atlantis

Hey Kenny - Glad to hear from you. I am finishing up editing like over 1000 photos. I didn't get as many dives as you in. My dive bud took a really bad tumble on our 1st day out at Angel City and then another wipe out at Margate Bay. By day 3, we were being very cautious, she came close to breaking a leg. She is talking about going to the docs now. She is still not healed.

Nat

KennyD
02-10-2009, 20:51
Hey Kenny - Glad to hear from you. I am finishing up editing like over 1000 photos. I didn't get as many dives as you in. My dive bud took a really bad tumble on our 1st day out at Angel City and then another wipe out at Margate Bay. By day 3, we were being very cautious, she came close to breaking a leg. She is talking about going to the docs now. She is still not healed.

Yes, Angel City was pretty bad. I seen it roll a dozen or more people. And the surf was throwing boulders around at your feet. I hope you friend is OK. I got pretty ate up with Bug Bite's too...My legs are torn up..:smiley21:

Dark Wolf
02-11-2009, 06:03
Hey Kenny, glad that you had a great trip! Look forward to hearing about the dives!

DW

gNats
02-11-2009, 07:03

Yes, Angel City was pretty bad. I seen it roll a dozen or more people. And the surf was throwing boulders around at your feet. I hope you friend is OK. I got pretty ate up with Bug Bite's too...My legs are torn up..:smiley21:

Not a single bug bite. We brought down all sorts of spray, but never used it. Phew. I think she will be okay.

Angel City was worth it in my opinion - the reefs were beautiful

Frogman
02-11-2009, 11:11
Never heard of it!

gNats
02-11-2009, 11:53
Never heard of it!

It's a reef on Bonaire. Bonaire is an island surrounded by a reef system and every so many yards, they divide the reef and give it a new name. You rent a vehicle and drive around the island to the various diving sites. All of the reefs are identified by a yellow rock with the reef name.

Angel City has some spectacular soft and hard corals and a very diverse marine life. But, the coastline has a rock ledge that has holes in it that you have to traverse over while knee high waves are crashing over them.

jamiejo
02-13-2009, 15:55
("Demon City") She got rolled on exit!! BAD!!

FYI EVERYONE. . I did NOT get rolled. . kenny just likes to make things seem worse than they are. It was bad yes. . it was me on my knees holding onto the rocks for dear life waiting for the right time to get the hell outta there. Had a blast though.

gNats
02-13-2009, 17:39
Awesome! My buddy was rolled bad. she went in and out with the current a few times and hit the same rock.

glad you had a good trip. Looking forward to meeting you in 2 weeks!

("Demon City") She got rolled on exit!! BAD!!

FYI EVERYONE. . I did NOT get rolled. . kenny just likes to make things seem worse than they are. It was bad yes. . it was me on my knees holding onto the rocks for dear life waiting for the right time to get the hell outta there. Had a blast though.