PDA

View Full Version : I'm in

Largo
02-09-2009, 20:29
It is amazing how much one can accomplish if they stay off of the internets for two months.

Thank you to all of the forum members who asked me to come back.
It's nice.

P.S. I'll try to stay away from the contentious threads from now on.

Big hug???

cowgirldiver
02-09-2009, 20:33
I couldn't quite believe my eyes-thought this must be an old thread that came up-welcome back Largo!!

Largo
02-09-2009, 20:35
Thank you, Cow Girl!

K9Pig
02-09-2009, 21:06
Oh ya! Erin Gray, she's the hottie from Buck Rogers.. I liked, I liked her A Lot!!!

You were missed, glad we are graced with your wisdom again....
Ted

gNats
02-09-2009, 21:16
Welcome Back.

PS - Since you left, there has been a bit of a confusion amongst many of the male members.

We now have a Tina and a Marcy. They lurk in the Men's Forums and have large adams apples and some prickly facial hair.

I'm told that they don't shave their legs either - eeewwww

You may want to double-check before you invite anyone for an initimate dive.

Unless you are open minded.

<grin>

Largo
02-09-2009, 21:16
You were missed, glad we are graced with your wisdom again....
Ted

That's what She said!

Diver Kat
02-09-2009, 23:11
Welcome back!! Thought I was hallucinating when I saw your name as the thread originator ..... seems you've jumped right into the gender swap going on ....should we start calling you Lara???:smiley36:

navyhmc
02-09-2009, 23:31
Welcome back Largo! Missed your postings. Try not to stay a stranger okay? :smiley20:

Don Wray
02-09-2009, 23:35
Welcome back Largo! I've missed your post. You did stay away longer than I thought you would.

Black-Gorrilla
02-10-2009, 00:41
Largo has landed. Thanks for coming back... keep an eye open for the non-stop avatar changes... some themed (hard to keep up with) others just changed for the heck of it... and some people were even using your old one :) lol.

navyhmc
02-10-2009, 02:39
BTW, can I resubmit my henchman application? :D

Largo
02-10-2009, 10:33
I wish I could hire you, but... due to the economic downturn, I've had to lay-off almost 30% of my goons.

It's sad, looking around the Disco Volante, with its empty decks, and all of the Momsen Lungs and spearguns lying around, unused.

Spectre common stock is going for $5 a share, so... now is a good time to invest.

fire diver
02-10-2009, 10:53
Welcome back Largo. Yeah, after you left a bunch of us used your avatar as a rememberance. It was kinda confusing seeing "Largo" posting so many times under different names.

I'm suprised you didn't use Domino for your new look!

chris in the socal
02-10-2009, 16:02
Thanks for comming back i have read some of your old posts.

DOWNDEEP73
02-10-2009, 18:40
Welcome back......you haven't seen seabass lately???????

navyhmc
02-10-2009, 19:25
Like I said, good to have you back Largo....

Rileybri
02-10-2009, 20:08
You left? :smiley36:

hooligan
02-11-2009, 00:18
Largo, I guess your plans for world domination didn't work out... Still need some evil henchmen?

navyhmc
02-11-2009, 05:31
Largo, I guess your plans for world domination didn't work out... Still need some evil henchmen?

I asked first, I want to be Number One!

Hooligan...you can can be Number two! :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

hooligan
02-11-2009, 06:51

I asked first, I want to be Number One!

Hooligan...you can can be Number two! :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

Totally missed your post... But I guess great minds think alike. I'll take Number Two.... my specialty can be droppin' the deuce.:smiley36:

Largo
02-11-2009, 16:50
NavyHMC, or anyone who knows the answer to this three-part question;

Background: I was watching the movie "The Deep" the other day, and the Scottish guy used an M60 fuse ignitor to light a fuse underwater.

Question 1: Would an M60 fuse ignitor work underwater?

Question 2: How could a guy like Nick Nolte hook up with a woman like Jacqueline Bisset?

Question 3: Does the plot of "Into the Blue" seem suspiciously similar to that of "The Deep?"

navyhmc
02-11-2009, 17:21
1. Yes and no...There is an adapter to make it work under water-the key is the end of the fuse has to be dry when it's activated.

2. One word: Money!!!! Lots and lots of Money. That or he may have been considered hot back then.

3. Suspiciously similar...How about damned near identical. Hot babe, questionable guy, treasure ship right next to drug shipment-sounds alike to me. All they did was change ship of morphine for a plane of Coke, trade a big old nasty moray for Tiger shark and one explosion for the other.

At least they both have hot women for the day. Though I think Jessica has the nicer butt.

Largo
02-11-2009, 17:30
Well, I guess one question leads to another, and so on...

1. The Scot hooked up the fuse ignitor to some kind of fuse on the surface, but ignited it underwater. Is it waterproof? The depth seemed like maybe 50 - 70 feet.

2. Were handle-bar moustaches OK with the gals back in the 70s?

3. I agree, Jessica Alba is much more curvy and therefore I find her more attractive than Jacqueline Bisset. Does that make me a bad person?

Largo
02-11-2009, 17:32
I wonder, if when Richard Gere watched Lou Gossett Jr. being eaten by a green moray, if he thought, "That guy's going to make me do a thousand sit-ups some day."

navyhmc
02-11-2009, 18:10
Well, I guess one question leads to another, and so on...

1. The Scot hooked up the fuse ignitor to some kind of fuse on the surface, but ignited it underwater. Is it waterproof? The depth seemed like maybe 50 - 70 feet.

2. Were handle-bar moustaches OK with the gals back in the 70s?

3. I agree, Jessica Alba is much more curvy and therefore I find her more attractive than Jacqueline Bisset. Does that make me a bad person?

1. The fuse itself is waterproof and would work at depths up to about 100'(+) The trick is keeping the end of the fuse that is to be ignited dry. I am not UDT by any stretch of my imagination, but real world they usuallt do indeed ignite on the surface to eliminate the not lighting risk. But with the right protection, they will work if activated underwater.

2. Don't know about the mustache...I couldn't grow one back then.

as for #3: Hellllooo!....You're LARGO!!! You're a bad person!!!!!:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Largo
02-11-2009, 18:54
It's not that I'm a bad person, it's just all of this stress.

I've had a run of bad luck at the Baccarat table. (I don't really understand the rules).

No one sells Kina Lillet anymore.

Fiona Volpe is all over me about reminding her when I have sharks in the pool.

There's this British chain-smoker who's hitting on my 'niece' Domino.

Let's see, what else...Oh God, the labor union! You would not believe how much workers' comp. insurance costs me.

Vercingetorix
02-11-2009, 22:07
Question 2: How could a guy like Nick Nolte hook up with a woman like Jacqueline Bisset?
2. One word: Money!!!! Lots and lots of Money. That or he may have been considered hot back then.It would take lots of money to go with this.
http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/1/4/6/nolte.jpg

fire diver
02-11-2009, 23:29
You know, I'm constantly amazed at how many people don't know that Into the Blue and The Deep are the same story. It's not a rip off of a story, but the same one set for modern times.

And yes, Jesissica has a much nicer butt!

BarbadosSlim93
02-12-2009, 20:21
Welcome back Largo. Missed your informational posts. Glad to see you back!

Largo
02-13-2009, 17:35
Thanks Barbados!

I've noticed that a lot of the people I know from Michigan are Scuba divers. Is it because you guys like to take vacations down south, or because the Great Lakes are there, or some of both?

navyhmc
02-13-2009, 17:36
Both! The Lakes may be cold, but there is some great diving to be had there as well!

gNats
02-13-2009, 17:50
I find that Michigan scuba divers are very similar to dog breeders.

Ahem.

In the sporting group - there are several breeds that have 2 completely different "looks" based on whether the dog is "bench bred" or "field bred"

Bench bred - a dog bred for the show ring. Makes great pets, does agility, obedience and are therapy dogs.

Field bred - a dog bred specifically to hunt and only to hunt.

Springers, Labs, Goldens, Irish/English/Gordon setters are some of the breeds that can look and act completely different depending on whether you are breeding the dog to hunt (a purist) or breeding the dog to promote the original breed standard (a purist).

For the most part - the two groups do not see eye to eye. To say there is behind the hand criticism is putting it mildly.

So, how does this explain my analogy? Well,

In the Michigan diving community - you have those that only dive wrecks, those that only dive quarries, those that only dive warm water (meaning travel divers)

AND NONE OF THEM THINK THE OTHER DIVING SECTS ARE SANE.

A wreck diver thinks the quarry divers are insane and the quarry divers think the www divers are uptight and the www divers think that the wreck divers are snobby.... :smiley3:

egad.

But, for all my Michigan pals - I love you guys!

all in fun!

Largo
02-13-2009, 18:02
What about divers from Wisconsin?

gNats
02-13-2009, 18:07
What about divers from Wisconsin?

That I don't know. I don't know any Wisconsin divers well enough to know if they hold judgement over other divers.

:smilie40:

I always wonder how much weight Winsconsin divers need to accomodate those giant bouyant cheese wheels they wear on their heads.

Largo
02-13-2009, 18:11
A great set-up gone to waste. :(

Actually, Wisconsin is a beautiful state. Madison, especially.

It's just so dang cold. I was there in August 98, and I had to scrape the ice off of my windshield.

gNats
02-13-2009, 18:24
A great set-up gone to waste. :(

Actually, Wisconsin is a beautiful state. Madison, especially.

It's just so dang cold. I was there in August 98, and I had to scrape the ice off of my windshield.

You were looking at a setup to the COLD? Come on Largo - this is a Meechigan girl you are talking to.

On April 24 in 2005 we had a snow storm so bad it gridlocked the city. Several inches of accumulation.

In August at our cottage on the lake in Alpena the daytime weather would be 94 deg with 80 percent humidity and 32 degrees overnight.

You need to get MM2002 or Splitlip or someone from Florida involved in you want to whine about cold temps.

Myself, I thought the cheesehead reference was good.

navyhmc
02-13-2009, 18:42
gNats: I'll have you know that when I dive in cheddar land, I take my cheese head off first. Unlike wine, cheese and water do not mix...Meecheeganer's I swear!:smilie39:

Actually, when I have dove the Wisconson side of the lakes, I haven't really noticed any rifts. Of course, there aren't that many divable quarries in WI so it's not a big problem. I will admit by the time I started diving, I was more a visitor than a resident cheddarhead. With the exception of some of the Chicago divers that inundate Devils Lake, all have been very inviting and friendly. Maybe the problem is all the lake effect snow in Michigan?

gNats
02-13-2009, 19:16
gNats: I'll have you know that when I dive in cheddar land, I take my cheese head off first. Unlike wine, cheese and water do not mix...Meecheeganer's I swear!:smilie39:

Actually, when I have dove the Wisconson side of the lakes, I haven't really noticed any rifts. Of course, there aren't that many divable quarries in WI so it's not a big problem. I will admit by the time I started diving, I was more a visitor than a resident cheddarhead. With the exception of some of the Chicago divers that inundate Devils Lake, all have been very inviting and friendly. Maybe the problem is all the lake effect snow in Michigan?

LOL - I forgot you were a Cheddarhead! Should I bring you some CHEESE to go with your wine!

navyhmc
02-13-2009, 19:20

LOL - I forgot you were a Cheddarhead! Should I bring you some CHEESE to go with your wine!

A nice Brie would be nice...:smilie39:

gNats
02-13-2009, 19:28

A nice Brie would be nice...:smilie39:

I'm not coming from FRANCE!

blue37
02-15-2009, 21:41
Wow... I've been gone for over a month and the first thread I read when I get back is that Largo is BACK...

Now, I can finally retire your avatar...

tiggrr
02-15-2009, 22:18
A wreck diver thinks the quarry divers are insane and the quarry divers think the www divers are uptight and the www divers think that the wreck divers are snobby.... :smiley3:

egad.

all in fun!

The smart thing to do is be a part of all 3 groups so you can stir the pot for them all. :smiley2: Like Phil does.

gNats
02-16-2009, 08:02

egad.

all in fun!

The smart thing to do is be a part of all 3 groups so you can stir the pot for them all. :smiley2: Like Phil does.

hahahaha- see I am in all 3 groups. I will dive wrecks, I do dive quarries and I have dove warm. Tell Phil to bring an extra mixing spoon and he and I can stir it up real well!

tiggrr
02-16-2009, 11:41

egad.

all in fun!

hahahaha- see I am in all 3 groups. I will dive wrecks, I do dive quarries and I have dove warm. Tell Phil to bring an extra mixing spoon and he and I can stir it up real well!

You are soo cute.

See, I knew that. :smiley31:

Shenanigan
02-16-2009, 21:35
Wow... I've been gone for over a month and the first thread I read when I get back is that Largo is BACK...

Now, I can finally retire your avatar...

That'd be nice if Largo got his avatar back ... y'all are confusing this blonde! A belated welcome back Largo ... I've been gone a little while ... althoough due to vacation and what not. :)

AESTCBR
02-17-2009, 05:54
Welcome Back.:smiley31:

Bigg_Budd
02-22-2009, 18:28
I just saw this post. Guess I need to check in more often...

Welcome back, amigo...

Largo
02-23-2009, 21:59
Thanks Bigg Budd.

How do you like my new avatar?

My eyes are closed... I mean, my eye is closed, so I look like a dork.

But, it has me and my friend Jim, so it's still pretty good.

Bigg_Budd
02-24-2009, 18:27
How do you like my new avatar?

dig it, bro. welcome back to the show. it's just not the same place w/out your a$$...

fanatique
03-27-2009, 10:19
Your leaving and returning threads seem to be the biggest things in this sub-forum, Largo. Shows how much we love ya!