PDA

View Full Version : How do you like women to maintain thier "equipment"?

Doug B
02-11-2009, 22:37
At the risk of thread deletion... I'll start the poll. Women ought to know men's thoughts on "equipment" care.

Mark&Heidi
02-11-2009, 22:45
at the risk of sounding like a pig. It's like lawn care. Nobody likes to do it but it looks great when it's done.

LRDWILDER
02-12-2009, 16:44
I need to give a quick +1 rep point here....This was so clear yet not at all to me the first time I looked at it is the just pure genious and hysterical!

Foo2
02-12-2009, 17:12
This is borderline...Feel free to poll away, but I'm gonna close the thread so someone doesn't "accidentally" say something they may regret later. Any questions, PM me.

Foo2
02-12-2009, 17:14
Hmmm...can't close the thread without closing the poll as well, sooooo please don't comment. :D

Largo
02-12-2009, 17:21
I don't think that it really matters, as long as the decision does not present the risk of entanglement.

chicken
02-12-2009, 18:51
Looking at the poll results, it doesn't appear that any of our european dive buddies have voted!

chicken
02-12-2009, 18:52
Dang, sorry Foo I didn't see the don't respond memo until it was too late. Feel free to remove 25 of my posts as punishment.

navyhmc
02-12-2009, 18:52
What scares me the most about this poll is so far it looks like only the male lurkers have voted...

Lulubelle
02-12-2009, 18:58
What scares me the most about this poll is so far it looks like only the male lurkers have voted...

Well navy, that is because as a woman, I don't really care how other women maintain their equipment.

I do, however, care that men pay some attention to theirs...

chicken
02-12-2009, 19:02
How do you tell who has voted?

Splitlip
02-12-2009, 19:27
I thought the thread was closed, or I would have added my $0.02

Merrimorte
02-12-2009, 21:56
Some men require more equipment maintaining than others... As for myself I have found more positive responses from a bit of landscaping <: And yes.. there should never be the chance of entanglement issues... that's just down right scarey to think about!

aww crap foo2 sorry.. lol just read the no response post you made... oopsiee!

Splitlip
02-12-2009, 22:10
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

I wanted to qualify my reply, but was afraid of getting busted,

Merri, you nailed it.

CFDAlden
02-13-2009, 01:34
Why isn't rinsed thouroghly in fresh water, the hung up to drip dry up there?:smiley2:

Ohh.... I see. :smiley36:

mike_s
02-13-2009, 08:26
ok... I have a question to add?

What is the "DIR" way to maintain the "equipment" ? :smilie39:

Cave Diver
02-13-2009, 09:32

Minimalist and redundant. :smilie39:

AESTCBR
02-13-2009, 10:35
Equipment should be kept completely clean

Black-Gorrilla
02-13-2009, 14:23

i want to hear the explanation you have for redundancy in this topic please :smiley20:

TRACI
02-13-2009, 14:42
Really? Yall can come up with a more creative poll :smiley29:

Lulubelle
02-13-2009, 14:44

I agree TRACI, perhaps all these guys who feel the need to talk about our equipment have none in their lives to be concerned about? :smiley36:

fanatique
02-13-2009, 14:46
Haha...I'm a sucker for some "landscaping" too. Definitely no entanglement horrors for me please.

Cave Diver
02-13-2009, 15:49

i want to hear the explanation you have for redundancy in this topic please :smiley20:

If it's not maintained it's time to switch to a backup. :smilie40:

chicken
02-13-2009, 15:57
I may try option one next time around. Maybe I won't be waiting outside the nail salon or looking at great "deals" on coach bags in my spare time!

TRACI
02-13-2009, 16:01

I agree TRACI, perhaps all these guys who feel the need to talk about our equipment have none in their lives to be concerned about? :smiley36:

If you have to compare "equipment" preferences, chances are pretty high that you do not have much to be concerned with. :smilie39:

Lulubelle
02-13-2009, 16:24

If you have to compare "equipment" preferences, chances are pretty high that you do not have much to be concerned with. :smilie39:

Yep, and my guess is that these are the same guys who don't understand that they need to care for their equipment too...!:smiley29:

Largo
02-13-2009, 17:31
Sometimes, the diver doesn't have much choice.

Like, on a lot of liveaboards, the Captain doesn't want you to take wet equipment into the cabins, so you have to leave it on the dive deck the whole trip. That means that your gear is probably going to be faded at the end of the trip. Moral of the story: At least take your computer to your cabin.

Cave Diver
02-13-2009, 17:46
Sometimes, the diver doesn't have much choice.

Like, on a lot of liveaboards, the Captain doesn't want you to take wet equipment into the cabins, so you have to leave it on the dive deck the whole trip. That means that your gear is probably going to be faded at the end of the trip. Moral of the story: At least take your computer to your cabin.
:smilie40:

Largo
02-13-2009, 17:53
Sorry, I should have clarified. Most of a diver's 'equipment' will survive just fine on the dive deck. However, the computers, with the sun, and being hit by waves, well pretty soon that fella's going to give up the ghost.

Wait a minute...

I just re-read these posts. You aren't talking about scuba gear at all!

...What are you talking about?

robjoubert
02-13-2009, 18:30
Sorry, I should have clarified. Most of a diver's 'equipment' will survive just fine on the dive deck. However, the computers, with the sun, and being hit by waves, well pretty soon that fella's going to give up the ghost.

Wait a minute...

"Lawn" care :smiley30:

Cave Diver
02-13-2009, 19:46

Wait a minute...

:smilie39:

IrishSquid
02-13-2009, 20:43
Yep, and my guess is that these are the same guys who don't understand that they need to care for their equipment too...!:smiley29:

The "Perfect Man" would understand. :smilie40:

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
02-13-2009, 21:36
If you care how something is maintained you'd better to maintain it yourself.

waytooslow
02-13-2009, 22:14

Well navy, that is because as a woman, I don't really care how other women maintain their equipment.

men should keep their stuff maintained as well, I know I do and my wife appreciates it :smiley2:

Splitlip
02-15-2009, 08:40

men should keep their stuff maintained as well, I know I do and my wife appreciates it :smiley2:

Dude!?!?!

Too much information! (rech!) You just made me throw up a little.

Lulubelle
02-15-2009, 08:44

More fellows would be well advised to do the same WTS. Manscaping is very important too.

chicken
02-15-2009, 09:56
Is there a poll so we know which manscaping is preferred? Maybe over in the womens forum, where posts actually count?

Doug B
02-15-2009, 21:13
...for a Man Laws Forum, there sure are a lot of females posting here.

tiggrr
02-15-2009, 22:06

Wait a minute...

Best post ever. :smiley20:

Merrimorte
02-16-2009, 05:21
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

I wanted to qualify my reply, but was afraid of getting busted,

Merri, you nailed it.

Why ty Splitlip! <: What a rather entertaining thread eh? :smiley36:

Lulubelle
02-16-2009, 07:43
Is there a poll so we know which manscaping is preferred? Maybe over in the womens forum, where posts actually count?

Any manscaping is preferred over none chicken, depends on where the equipment is to begin with. Though if a man is too dramatic in his equipment maintenance, we might be left wondering which team he plays on, so careful about that. :smiley5:

CAN WE PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD NOW?

mike_s
02-16-2009, 08:35

arrrrrrrrrgggggggggg

wow..... way too much information there.... :smilie39:

TRACI
02-16-2009, 09:50

Any manscaping is preferred over none chicken, depends on where the equipment is to begin with. Though if a man is too dramatic in his equipment maintenance, we might be left wondering which team he plays on, so careful about that. :smiley5:

CAN WE PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD NOW?

I have not been on the board since Friday, I can not believe this tread is stilll going!

mksmith713
03-06-2009, 08:14
Absolutely clean.
There's nothing worse than going to the dentist and having him find a short and curly between your molars......

Foo2
03-06-2009, 11:52
Absolutely clean.
There's nothing worse than going to the dentist and having him find a short and curly between your molars......

That is disgusting and this thread is officially closed. :disappointed: