PDA

View Full Version : Another ScubaToys praise!

greyzen
08-21-2007, 09:43
K, so I was told by my dive shop that to pass the AOW I needed a few extra items.

So before I just handed over an extra 80 bucks I went to ST.com to see what they could do for me.

They beat the freaking price by more than 20 bucks INCLUDING the tax associated.

I put the order in at like 3pm yesterday, by 5 they had called to explain a problem. Turns out they were out of a color I had picked for my light (UK SL4)
but changed the color and the stuff is being delivered today!

AMAZING turn around... please...build out a store in Houston...please?

cgvmer
08-21-2007, 09:45
And your close enough for next day delivery. Good for you.

cgvmer
08-21-2007, 09:47
I jsut checked on UPS, I'm in the 3day ground delivery window from ST, not too bad.

greyzen
08-21-2007, 10:54
Yeah being in Austin has several perks... this happens to be one of them :)

The Next Day Deliver is nice, but the service and speed really makes me a little angry at my LDS.

I might not be spending hundreds of dollars, but frankly... when I decide to spend thousands on BCD/reg/etc. for myself and my wife... I'm not going to spend it where I've been gouged for pennies. I'm going to spend it at the place that makes me feel they appreciate the money they are being given.

somewhereinla
08-21-2007, 13:10
If I lived in Texas I would drive to ST and spend the weekend there...LOL

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 14:28
greyzen,

There's some folks in Austin (on ScubaBoard.com) that actually DRIVE to Carrollton (short jaunt up I-35) for a day trip to buy from ScubaToys. They buy their stuff at ST rather than any Austin LDS.

On another note, then, feel free to drive up here on a Saturday (ST is closed Sunday). Buy your stuff in the morning and dive with it with us at Clear Springs (one-hour drive). Then head back in the late afternoon. It'll give you an opportunity to meet the guys on the other end of the phone or see on the web-cam (yes, Joe really is THAT big, but a nice guy). Just let us know when you're driving north.

greyzen
08-21-2007, 16:03
Well the stuff just got here (UPS guy was looking at me like I was crazy, I got all smiley and was like "Yay toys!")

1) Dang that was a lot of tape
2) YAY!

Vercingetorix
Now that sounds like a plan I can live with. I'm from Dallas so I could easily hang out all day and then crash somewhere that night if I had to.

Depending on how this travis next weekend thing plays out, I might just head up there, rent some gear and get to U/W'n.

chewyjr15
08-21-2007, 18:50
wish my LDS was as good as ST you guys ROCK!!

gunnarman
08-22-2007, 21:09
Well the stuff just got here (UPS guy was looking at me like I was crazy, I got all smiley and was like "Yay toys!")

1) Dang that was a lot of tape
2) YAY!

Vercingetorix
Now that sounds like a plan I can live with. I'm from Dallas so I could easily hang out all day and then crash somewhere that night if I had to.

Depending on how this travis next weekend thing plays out, I might just head up there, rent some gear and get to U/W'n.

come on up, i'll dive with ya.

chewyjr15
08-22-2007, 22:56
really wish i had a place like ST close to me but i dont :(

kev99
09-03-2007, 16:22
Instead of opening a new thread, I thought I would post in this one with my own ScubaToys praise:

My wife actually called for me and talked to Joe about some questions on changing things in a package they offer. He was more than happy to accommodate this and so we ordered a Brigade, Flathead VI reg., weight pockets, lumbar pad, and two Aeries Atmos ai computers from ST. We got a great deal and received the order with everything ready to go in just 3 business days.

My wife ordered her BC and reg. from the LDS and even though they are nice people, it was almost 3 weeks to get her stuff. Needless to say, I will be ordering from ST again due to the great customer service, the pricing, and the nice forum they have provided for everyone to communicate in. Great job ST!

Oh, today was the first time my wife and I went diving with our new gear and I love my Brigade. That thing is nice and comfy with plenty of movement. I weigh 210 lbs, 6' 1" tall and had on a 7 mm full suit today in a fresh water quarry; I used 20 lbs combined in the rear pockets and had to add 6lbs (combined) more to the front to get down, the lift was more than adequate on this BC. I am very pleased and can't wait to use it some more.

Thanks to Joe, Rick and everyone else who works at ST.