PDA

View Full Version : Referals and Their Posts

No Misses
08-21-2007, 13:55
I just noticed the information bar regarding Referals and their posts. I see where I can send a link to somebody and if they go there and register, I get "1 referal point". If I understand correctly, I have 2 referals and they have made 4 posts. I would love to know who those referals are. I know of one that I refered and he has joined the board (Fishkiller). I just told him that he should post his question on the ST forum and see what the recommendations are. I have no idea who the other one is. Is there any way for me to know who is using me as a referal?

Black-Gorrilla
08-21-2007, 15:33
i have 1 refferal ( i know him from school) but just noticed that little box today!

TommyB
08-21-2007, 15:36
More info to come as we finish up a new idea :)
Larry can explain more details as needed--

Tommy //

ScubaToys Larry
08-21-2007, 16:01
Yea, you don't get a list of the names... but we can look them up. Right now you have 2 guys - each with 2 posts... fisherdog is the other...

As soon as we have this sorted out, we're going to run a contest on who can get the most posts out of their referrals in a months time for another prize.

Seems like a good idea eh?

dallasdivergirl
08-21-2007, 16:49
Yea, you don't get a list of the names... but we can look them up. Right now you have 2 guys - each with 2 posts... fisherdog is the other...

As soon as we have this sorted out, we're going to run a contest on who can get the most posts out of their referrals in a months time for another prize.

Larry,

This would require some of us to actually have friends.

ScubaToys Larry
08-21-2007, 16:53
Larry,

Yea... or as someone said on the "other board" They have to "bribe people" to post on their board. Kinda' hurt my feelings. :smiley19: I thought it was a reward... not a bribe!

But you could always bribe people to refer through your name!

Cichlid
08-21-2007, 17:07
Larry,

Yeah, that means I'm out.

Black-Gorrilla
08-21-2007, 20:48

seems like im glad my brother like to use the internerd so much!!! as do I.
he just signed up today.

TommyB
08-21-2007, 22:53
If and when needed, we can always look up who your referrals are.

Tommy

dallasdivergirl
08-21-2007, 23:15

seems like im glad my brother like to use the internerd so much!!! as do I.
he just signed up today.

I think a little handicapping is in order here!

mwhities
08-22-2007, 00:46

I resemble that remark!

Michael

JugglingMonkeys
08-22-2007, 04:09

Prizes are always a good idea. You guys are great!

dallasdivergirl
08-22-2007, 10:49
Larry,

Yea... or as someone said on the "other board" They have to "bribe people" to post on their board. Kinda' hurt my feelings. :smiley19: I thought it was a reward... not a bribe!

But you could always bribe people to refer through your name!

I may not have friends but I can bribe (like allowing them to help me move or letting them watch my dogs while I am out of town). I should have no problems.

Ted S
08-22-2007, 11:13
Prizes? I guess it's time to start using my referral link.

Cool feature too. ;)

TommyB
08-22-2007, 11:16
Prizes? I guess it's time to start using my referral link.

Cool feature too. ;)

Should be a cool feature :) You helped with it--:smiley16:

Foo2
08-22-2007, 17:44

I resemble that remark!

Michael
:smilie39: You crack me up!:smilie39:

Wolfie2012
08-22-2007, 22:36
Hey I don't even know who I told to come here in order to get the referal point! I don't remember referring anyone so I must just be that good :)

scubasavvy
08-23-2007, 12:27
I wonder if there is anyway they can post who's leading in the competition?

ScubaToys Larry
08-23-2007, 12:52
At the moment it's larryl with 21 posts from his 2 referrals!

scubasavvy
08-23-2007, 13:43
At the moment it's larryl with 21 posts from his 2 referrals!

Thanks Larry!

Foo2
08-23-2007, 14:03
hmmmm....are you sure about that?
<-------------

NitroWill
08-23-2007, 14:05
<-------------

stop using your new admin powers to boost your post count! :smiley36:

Foo2
08-23-2007, 14:07
You think you're so funny!

NitroWill
08-23-2007, 14:10
:smiliez.de_2125:

dallasdivergirl
08-23-2007, 14:37
<-------------

Did you not notice your post count going backwards?!?:smilie39:

chinacat46
08-24-2007, 22:32
Yeah I've told a few people but only one actually signed up. I'm working on another who would be a lot of fun here. The only problem with him though is he takes his time on everything he does. So he might get around to signing up by Thanksgiving just not sure which year. Heck he didn't get his first birthmark until he was 11.

Suther2136
08-31-2007, 22:59
I have one referral but he seems to be handicapped already. Can't get the registration to work.

NitroWill
09-01-2007, 02:34
<-------------

Did you not notice your post count going backwards?!?:smilie39:

actually yea, mine did go back a couple of posts now that you mention it.. :smiley22:

frankc420
09-01-2007, 08:34
Heck, there are atleast 2 people from the forum I run for MS and I have no referrals... I guess they decided to skip my link all together... I feel so loved!

NitroWill
09-08-2007, 20:58
Hrmm..I keep noticing my referral posts going down..
They were and 38, now @ 31...

Not sure what's going on..

Wouldn't think that many posts got deleted :(

NitroWill
09-09-2007, 12:38
and my referral posts dropped another 6 today..
what the hecks going on?

ScubaToys Larry
09-09-2007, 13:01
and my referral posts dropped another 6 today..
what the hecks going on?

I haven't deleted anything... It would have to be one of the folks that was a referral for you deleted their own posts... but that would be the only way.

ScubaToys Larry
09-09-2007, 14:10
I just went in and looked at all the moderator logs as well... No one has deleted anything as far as moderators go... so it had to be one of your referrals deleted their own... Got to get some better referrals there Will!

Black-Gorrilla
09-09-2007, 14:11
how about a leader board Larry?

ScubaToys Larry
09-09-2007, 14:16

Man... way too much work! I have to go to the referral admin panel, but then it gives me everyone that has referrals, but I have to click on each one, then it takes me to a screen that lists all their referrals.. then I click on each of them and get the numbers... then add them all up. Probably take a few hours to do it... and I really only want to do it once! When we're done!

And by then, maybe I can come up with a script.

So for now, just go through a bunch of threads and see who has how many below their avatar! It's kinda like an easter egg hunt!

Black-Gorrilla
09-09-2007, 14:19
guess i'll just keep an eye out and have my brother glued to his chair.

Scotttyd
05-29-2008, 15:18

Man... way too much work! I have to go to the referral admin panel, but then it gives me everyone that has referrals, but I have to click on each one, then it takes me to a screen that lists all their referrals.. then I click on each of them and get the numbers... then add them all up. Probably take a few hours to do it... and I really only want to do it once! When we're done!

And by then, maybe I can come up with a script.

So for now, just go through a bunch of threads and see who has how many below their avatar! It's kinda like an easter egg hunt!
it is not like you have a real job or anything:smiley2:

Black-Gorrilla
05-30-2008, 11:03
this is brought back from 09-09-2007... just to poke a bit of fun at Larry ( i have nothing against that) he deserves it for being so nice :) lol.
anyway... im gonna go now b4 i get in troubles (yes plural)

Scotttyd
05-31-2008, 07:02
this is brought back from 09-09-2007... just to poke a bit of fun at Larry ( i have nothing against that) he deserves it for being so nice :) lol.
anyway... im gonna go now b4 i get in troubles (yes plural)
you know I did not even realize how old it was, I was just searching for referrals:smiley5: