PDA

View Full Version : Stiletto

USF_Diver
02-17-2009, 11:28
Anybody have the Stiletto, how do you like it?

I usually dive tropical waters maybe some springs in the winter with a 3mm wet suit. Seems like this would be a good BCD for me?

thanks

Lulubelle
02-17-2009, 15:14
I like it very much!

The vest of the Brigade/Ranger was just too bulky for me. The Stiletto profile is a bit more trim and still has the heavy duty wing. The pockets sit a bit further back on the hips which make them a bit harder to reach but I like them out of my way. I also liked the way the shoulder piece come up into the center of my back and then articulated back under the arms when it came over the shoulder. The shoulder piece on the Brigade/Ranger seems to come straight over and got in the way a bit. It just seemed to fit my back and shoulders better.

Hope that helps.

USF_Diver
02-17-2009, 17:44
I like it very much!

The vest of the Brigade/Ranger was just too bulky for me. The Stiletto profile is a bit more trim and still has the heavy duty wing. The pockets sit a bit further back on the hips which make them a bit harder to reach but I like them out of my way. I also liked the way the shoulder piece come up into the center of my back and then articulated back under the arms when it came over the shoulder. The shoulder piece on the Brigade/Ranger seems to come straight over and got in the way a bit. It just seemed to fit my back and shoulders better.

Hope that helps.

Yeah it does, I don't think I could go wrong with either BCD but I think the Stiletto would be better for me as a travel BCD.

Oh and happy birthday :)

Thanks

Lulubelle
02-17-2009, 20:07
I like it very much!

Hope that helps.

Yeah it does, I don't think I could go wrong with either BCD but I think the Stiletto would be better for me as a travel BCD.

Thanks

Thanks for the wishes.

ST shipped me 4 BCs before I found the right combo. Actually, 5 if you consider that they shipped me a small shoulder piece for the Stiletto. I was shooting for a ladies' model, the Lazer, and after trying on the Stiletto, realized that I am too tall for a ladies' BC. I did get a smaller shoulder than torso in the Stiletto and the fit is really good.

USF_Diver
02-17-2009, 20:26
I like it very much!

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Thanks for the wishes.

ST shipped me 4 BCs before I found the right combo. Actually, 5 if you consider that they shipped me a small shoulder piece for the Stiletto. I was shooting for a ladies' model, the Lazer, and after trying on the Stiletto, realized that I am too tall for a ladies' BC. I did get a smaller shoulder than torso in the Stiletto and the fit is really good.

Yeah I have a large aeris bc which is way to big for me, will be nice to have a BC that fits, maybe I should have paid attention to the size chart :)

How do you like a back inflate? I have never tried one before.

Lulubelle
02-17-2009, 21:02
I like it very much!

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Thanks for the wishes.

Yeah I have a large aeris bc which is way to big for me, will be nice to have a BC that fits, maybe I should have paid attention to the size chart :)

How do you like a back inflate? I have never tried one before.

Well, don't be shy about trying different sizes and combinations of shoulders, torsos, etc. It made a big difference to me to mix and match a bit.

I like the back inflate a lot. I rented a bunch of different types for a year. I liked the back inflates much better in the water although you do have to learn how to manage them a little differently on the surface. I rarely have any air to speak of in my bc and when i do I prefer it to be behind me. My trim is better in the water with them too.

Skinsfan1311
02-22-2009, 08:29
You will love the Stiletto. In addition to being a great BC it packs light!

Zeagle Eagle
02-23-2009, 07:40
I have been diving the Zeagle Stiletto for over 2 years now. Zeagle Stiletto BC reviews and discounts, Zeagle (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleStiletto) I am mainly a warm water diver.
I absolutely love my Stiletto. I have gone through 6 or 7 different BC's over my years of diving and this is the best ever, for me. It is very rugged and so far I have had zero problems with it. It packs well and is very light.
I have the Stiletto paired with the Zeagle Octo Z which I also highly recommend. Zeagle Octo Z Combination Regulator & Inflator reviews and discounts, Zeagle (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ZeagleOctoZ)

USF_Diver
02-23-2009, 09:41
I have been diving the Zeagle Stiletto for over 2 years now. Zeagle Stiletto BC reviews and discounts, Zeagle (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleStiletto) I am mainly a warm water diver.
I absolutely love my Stiletto. I have gone through 6 or 7 different BC's over my years of diving and this is the best ever, for me. It is very rugged and so far I have had zero problems with it. It packs well and is very light.
I have the Stiletto paired with the Zeagle Octo Z which I also highly recommend. Zeagle Octo Z Combination Regulator & Inflator reviews and discounts, Zeagle (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=ZeagleOctoZ)

Is the octo Z required to flush the bc?

cbope
02-23-2009, 13:59
Hmm, maybe. Some Zeagle's are fitted with a coupler between the inflator assembly and the dump hose. I'm not sure if the coupler is standard on the Stiletto but it is on the newer Ranger and Brigade. You simply unscrew the normal inflator assembly from the hose and connect a garden hose to the exposed coupler on the end of the dump hose to flush it.

Hopefully Scott @ Zeagle can confirm, if the coupler is used on the Stiletto. I examined the pics on the Zeagle website and I don't see the coupler on the Stiletto (but it is on the Ranger)... it could be an old pic.

Scott? :smilie40:

USF_Diver
02-24-2009, 21:09
Well either way I ordered the Stiletto tonight, can't wait to get it :)

Zenagirl
02-25-2009, 07:47

No, your Stilleto will come with a BX Power Inflator, which you can screw on and off. It's great to be able to screw on a water hose to completely flush the bladder after diving in salt water. Enjoy your Silletto!

USF_Diver
02-25-2009, 09:15

No, your Stilleto will come with a BX Power Inflator, which you can screw on and off. It's great to be able to screw on a water hose to completely flush the bladder after diving in salt water. Enjoy your Silletto!

Well thats cool, my purchase got even better :)

thanks for the info

Zeagle Eagle
02-26-2009, 19:53

When I bought my Stiletto, it did not come with the Octo Z. It had a normal inflator/deflator. My Octo Z removes easily and I store in my reg bag along with my other regs.

USF_Diver
03-09-2009, 10:51
The Stiletto came in this weekend, wow what a great looking bc. Zeagle puts alot of time into the details, I can't wait to get a dive in the next weekend.

Only negative on the bc, the pockets are not that big. But its more a travel bc so thats ok.