PDA

View Full Version : Do You Pee In Your Wetsuit?

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 15:05
My OW instructor informed us there are two types of divers:
- Those who pee in their wetsuit
- Those who lie about it

Which are you?

mwhities
08-21-2007, 15:09
I'll be the first to admit it... since you didn't. ;)

Yes, I pee in my suit... how else do you warm up in 45F water in a 3mm long suit? ;)

Michael

Illini_Fan
08-21-2007, 15:12
I only have 50 dives, so it will probably happen, but I just can bring myself to do it. There have been a couple of long surface swims at the local quarry after a dive for which I was moving fairly quickly to get on shore and to the Porta Potty.

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 15:12
I'll be the first to admit it... since you didn't.I just voted. Forgot to do so when I posted.

MissDirected
08-21-2007, 15:15
If you don't now eventually there will come a time when you have no choice. So get used to it. :smiley36: Some things to keep in mind; do it well before you are back on the boat so it has time to flush out and you are not dripping it all over the boat - Pleeeeease. If you are wearing a full suit be sure to put the suit on the outside of the booty.

unclepooty
08-21-2007, 15:15
Yes, but I don't let anybody else:smiley2:

dallasdivergirl
08-21-2007, 15:30
I drink tons of water when I am diving.

I have no choice!

MEL-DC Diver
08-21-2007, 15:43
Used to never, now pretty regular about it. Seriously, why fight it?

cgvmer
08-21-2007, 15:44
prefer to pee in yours..................

J-Cub
08-21-2007, 15:48
If you are wearing a full suit be sure to put the suit on the outside of the booty.

Actually, if you let it drip into your booties, you might find the cure for that athletes foot that you've been trying to get rid of.... LOL.

Honestly though, I've been in a situation where I didn't want to ruin a great dive by squirming and being uncomfortable, and I definately didn't want to go back to the boat. So there is only one option..... ahhhhhhhh!:smiley36:

mwhities
08-21-2007, 15:48
This is why I decided to not rent any equipment. I'm not going to use suit someone else peed in. I'm not going to use a regulator someone else puked in... I could go on but, I'll stop.

Michael

deepdiver47
08-21-2007, 15:53
I do. The water that I dive in is 82-84 degrees, give me a break. You do not have a choice as far as I am concerned.

The problem I have is trying to hide behind cover so that no one will see me. I have to stop breathing so that no one can see my bubbles. And then take all of my gear off (less my wetsuit) and THEN try to stay behind cover as my weights are integreted in my BC, so that makes me inverted. You know it is bad when the eels look at you funny. :disappointed:

Illini_Fan
08-21-2007, 15:55
This is why I decided to not rent any equipment. I'm not going to use suit someone else peed in. I'm not going to use a regulator someone else puked in... I could go on but, I'll stop.

Michael

I'm glad you didn't get into the "not going to use a regulator someone peed in" combination

Vegas
08-21-2007, 15:55
- Those who lie about it

Which are you?

I voted!

In OW our instructor even taught us the appropriate hand signal! :smiley20:
--- hold up one finger (to indicate "I'm going #1") ....

(then he warned us)

. . .. you just don't want to see someone holding up two fingers.

mwhities
08-21-2007, 16:03

Michael

I'm glad you didn't get into the "not going to use a regulator someone peed in" combination

Naaa, that's to gross. Thanks.

Michael

finflippers
08-21-2007, 16:05
I voted!

In OW our instructor even taught us the appropriate hand signal! :smiley20:
--- hold up one finger (to indicate "I'm going #1") ....

(then he warned us)

. . .. you just don't want to see someone holding up two fingers.

:Trykk: :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: I just about fell out of my chair

I stay well hydrated before I go diving and sometimes i have a 20 min. surface swim out then an hour or more on a dive. Some times you have no choice.

Harshal
08-21-2007, 16:09
- Those who lie about it

Which are you?
Where did you get certified? Who was your instructor?
I had my instructor say the exact same thing ……….. is it printed in PADI manual…….lol

Cichlid
08-21-2007, 16:11
Sometimes I put my wetsuit on to go pee at home just so I can practice.

unclepooty
08-21-2007, 16:12
I do. The water that I dive in is 82-84 degrees, give me a break. You do not have a choice as far as I am concerned.

The problem I have is trying to hide behind cover so that no one will see me. I have to stop breathing so that no one can see my bubbles. And then take all of my gear off (less my wetsuit) and THEN try to stay behind cover as my weights are integreted in my BC, so that makes me inverted. You know it is bad when the eels look at you funny. :disappointed:

:smiley36: Be careful doing that around those eels. There is a thread on here that has a video of a guy with an eel that didn't turn out well. :smiley26:

finflippers
08-21-2007, 16:15
- Those who lie about it

Which are you?
I had my instructor say the exact same thing ……….. is it printed in PADI manual…….lol

Not just PADI my Open Water instructor said the same thing on my NAUI course.

greyzen
08-21-2007, 16:16
You can pick your nose
you can pick your friends
but you can't pick your friends nose.

I'm trying to find something funny to say using that formula, but I just can't :/:smilie40:

BSea
08-21-2007, 16:16
Well, it's good to see there are so few liars on this board.

I use the same philosophy on peeing in wetuits as I do to clearing ears.

Early & often. :) After all, who clears their ears at the end of a dive.

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 16:21
I had my instructor say the exact same thing ……….. is it printed in PADI manual…….lolNAUI OW at ScubaToys

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 16:24
OK...who voted for the dry suit? Fess-up, so we can all laugh and point at you.:boxingsmiley:

WV Diver
08-21-2007, 16:35
Oh yeah, glad to see I finally made the top 25% of something.:smiley2::smiley36:

Vercingetorix
08-21-2007, 16:54
Quando omni fluncus moratatiI just noticed your signature. Now, let us recite the Possum Lodge Credo:

I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have to.
I guess.

The meeting is called to order.

Xspect
08-21-2007, 17:48
Only peed in rental suit. NEVER ever in my personal suit

wxboy911
08-21-2007, 18:24
I dive a semi dry-I think peeing in it would be a bad idea!

thesmoothdome
08-21-2007, 18:37
I never even gave it a second thought. You have to go, you go. I know that it doesn't warm you up, in fact it makes you colder in the long run, but it was never about warmth for me. It was about comfort. I remember during my IE, the examiner was giving a briefing on the beach and I really really really had to go. I just couldn't wait until we got into the water. I was impressed by my Body Glove suit. No leaks :) . I know...that's really gross, but when ya gotta go. I will honestly say though, I've never peed in my dry suit.

superkingkong
08-21-2007, 18:44
I"ll try not to, but few times i did it because i was halfway through my dives... couldn't stand it anymore :D

JahJahwarrior
08-21-2007, 18:55
When I'm around divers who say they don't pee in their wetsuit, I act all suprised and tell them that I go ahead and pee in it before Ie ven get in the water, "like who doesn't pee in it when they put it on? How else can you get it on? You need some urine to lube it up to pull it on right!"

They get grossed out. Understandably.

And one of my dive buddy's pees whenever he feels like it, sometimes after the dive you can smell the urine as it dries. If I pee near the end of a dive, I have an extended safety stop and try to flush some water through the suit :)

Black-Gorrilla
08-21-2007, 19:00
- Those who lie about it

Which are you?

Not just PADI my Open Water instructor said the same thing on my NAUI course.
SSI here...

georoc01
08-21-2007, 19:31
I've avoided it so far. But I think its just a matter of time before I do. I hear its a hard habit to break once you start getting used to it, and since I am going to start diving dry next month, its one more habit I don't want to have to break.

And yes, we got an instructor laughing so hard she peed her dry suit. Her goal now is to get the rest of us to join her in the peeing the dry suit club.

mwhities
08-21-2007, 19:58
Only peed in rental suit. NEVER ever in my personal suit

Refer back to: http://forum.scubatoys.com/showpost.php?p=30783&postcount=11

Michael

WV Diver
08-21-2007, 20:07
Quando omni fluncus moratatiI just noticed your signature. Now, let us recite the Possum Lodge Credo:

I'm a man.
I can change.
If I have to.
I guess.

The meeting is called to order.
Indeed, I am a fan.:smiley36:

lrk1960
08-21-2007, 20:14
Yes, and I'm the first one on the boat because I am an air pig... notice the yellow tint to the rinse bucket, hhmmmm???

subsur
08-21-2007, 20:15
never in myown wetsuit. definitely in rented ones

BuzzGA
08-21-2007, 20:22
Laughing so hard at the posts...I had to go put my wetsuit on

ixrayu
08-21-2007, 21:16
I don't think I'll ever, ever, ever rent another wetsuit. I knew Bob at the dive shop was trying to kill me with that rental suit. First it was way too small and then someone had probably peed in it. Sigh.

CompuDude
08-21-2007, 21:40

They always look threatened and try to hide when I do it...

;)

Seriously, though. Easily, often, and without hesitation. Had a close call on my first drysuit dive, but managed to stop the impulse just in time! Doesn't seem to be as big of an issue, however, with the DS... the urge isn't there in the same way.

I'm very glad I dive an InstaDry wetsuit, however, that rinses clean very easily.

ertechsg
08-21-2007, 21:46
This is why I never wear rentals and was the second piece of gear I bought . Now it my pee and no one else can wear my suit:smiley36:

quarrydiver
08-21-2007, 21:49
Up north it's necessary unless you have a nice warm drysuit. not that i've ever done it. I have heard of a guy that came back to the boat minus his wetsuit. I think he may have raised 2 fingers.

94GTStang
08-21-2007, 21:53
I'm not lying when I say I have never peed in my wetsuit. All of my dive buddies have though. I can just hold it and be happy. I'm not grossed out by pee, just can't piss and dive at the same time

tonka97
08-21-2007, 21:58
This is an area that a dive skin comes in handy! No entrapment...just sweet release on those long boat trips.

:smiley20:

DirtyWaterIL
08-21-2007, 22:07
sometimes i even do it when i'm in the water.

Flatliner
08-21-2007, 23:00
I dive dry most of the time and I can't make myself to pee on the few occasions I am diving in a wet suit.

94GTStang
08-21-2007, 23:22
I see I'm not the only one that has shy penis around fish :smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

3rdEye
08-21-2007, 23:53
I have heard of a guy that came back to the boat minus his wetsuit. I think he may have raised 2 fingers.

ahahahahahah

Liv7301
08-22-2007, 00:00
I pee freely and with great pride. And it's actually a major reason why I would rather get a customized 7mm than a dry suit.

Myself and another woman in my OW class developed a hand sign for "Wait a second! I am taking a pee!" and I use it on a regular basis. I believe I showed it to Foo2 during a SI and I think she uses it too.

Good stuff :)

turtle_guy
08-22-2007, 02:15
only when wet but am dry now

JugglingMonkeys
08-22-2007, 03:01
I'm not lying when I say I have never peed in my wetsuit. All of my dive buddies have though. I can just hold it and be happy. I'm not grossed out by pee, just can't piss and dive at the same time

it's an acquired skill. There are advanced certifications offered for this by PADI.

picxie
08-22-2007, 03:23
I did a couple of times when I first starting diving. Haven't for ages though. I'm usually the first to use the boat loo (although I'm often the only girl on board anyway and the guys just don't seem to care as much hahaha) or else I'll ran for the toilets once back on shore.

Ahhhh ... I wish I was a pee'er ... it would make life much easier!!

Krakenn
08-22-2007, 05:01
Sigh, one of lifes few pleasures is to be able to have a little wee in ones wetty.

Kraks

Charlotte Smith
08-22-2007, 05:59
I do but my wetsuit unzips down there and seems to fix the problem of having pee all over you ....Excel will put them in your wetsuits for men and women.

gtjason2000
08-22-2007, 08:04
My wetsuit is too nice to pee in. I am sure it won't do anything to it but I just have never had to go that bad. My wife says she does it all the time but would stop once I get her a henderson. Also in the padi dive encyclopedia I think it says peeing in your wetsuit would actually cool you down, I forget why though.

No Misses
08-22-2007, 08:55
Now the big question; Do you stop swimming while you pee? Do you just kick right through it?

deepdiver47
08-22-2007, 08:56
real men just kick through it, chicks pause.

It says so in the manly handbook in chapter 2 under: "Proper peeing methods"

Krakenn
08-22-2007, 09:05
Actually, if you dont have vinegar urine will assist you in combating jellyfish stings.

So if you get a Jellyfish in your wetsuit you now know what to do.

Smiles

Kraks

Phestr
08-22-2007, 09:53
I'm one of those people with really bad timing. You know, the guy people tell to light a cigarette so the food will come? So as soon as my gear is on, I gotta pee. Every...frickin...time.

cummings66
08-22-2007, 13:12
I've done it, did it last week in fact. I don't like it because that means an extra good washing is in order, but it's no big deal. I will pull my wetsuit off the boots though so that what comes out doesn't flow directly into the boot, man that's got to be the worst smell on Earth. Then I'll pull the top open a bit and flush for a while and by the time I get to the boat you'd never know I did it.

I also keep moving while going.

Vercingetorix
08-22-2007, 14:21
Now the big question; Do you stop swimming while you pee? Do you just kick right through it?I stop

thesmoothdome
08-22-2007, 14:25
I used to be able to swim and pee, but not since I started diving again. I actually have to concentrate now.

unclepooty
08-22-2007, 14:29
I continue to swim, but sorta in a circle..............maybe I should just quit.

DUnder
08-22-2007, 14:56
yes I have and if need be will do so again

Vercingetorix
08-22-2007, 15:56
Maybe I need to wear my wetsuit to work, so I don't have to leave my desk when nature calls.

Foo2
08-22-2007, 16:10
I pee freely and with great pride. And it's actually a major reason why I would rather get a customized 7mm than a dry suit.

Myself and another woman in my OW class developed a hand sign for "Wait a second! I am taking a pee!" and I use it on a regular basis. I believe I showed it to Foo2 during a SI and I think she uses it too.

Oh yeah I do! The whole Foo family uses that sign. :smilie39: Foo almost spit out her reg in Coz when I did it to her.

dallasdivergirl
08-22-2007, 16:13
Maybe I need to wear my wetsuit to work, so I don't have to leave my desk when nature calls.

:smilie40: Video please!

Illini_Fan
08-22-2007, 16:38

Rick -- you don't work for NASA do you, otherwise you would have access to those super absorbant diapers.

scubasavvy
08-22-2007, 17:48
I tend not to do it because it flushes out all of the warm water...

Theepdinker
08-22-2007, 20:15
Haven't pee'd in a wetsuit since my first drysuit dive.
One mindset, no mistakes.

Theep

DirtyWaterIL
08-22-2007, 21:02
if i let loose at the first sign of having to pee i can do it freely. If I think about it for a second i have to stay still. Maybe because I'm not used to pissing oin myself without wearing skin tight neoprene(maybe I just need more practice. Does anyone besides PADI offer a pee diver card? I looked into their pee diver specialty but it just seemed like they were more itnerested in getting my money than teaching me to pee freely while diving. BTW, does anyone else feel like when they pee underwater you pee like twice as much?

Liv7301
08-22-2007, 22:57

Oh yeah I do! The whole Foo family uses that sign. :smilie39: Foo almost spit out her reg in Coz when I did it to her.

Isn't it nice that we can clearly communicate an objective, entertain, and unleash the beast all at the same time? It's fabulous. :smiley16:

As to other questions: I can initiate while moving. I have the hand sign more for a situation where were are currently stationary and don't want someone to come into my "pee space" while I am doing the deed and then flushing the suit.

I have the reverse effect on quantity. I actually feel like I pee less, or for a shorter duration.

sidneydiver
08-23-2007, 00:33
I used to have trouble peeing even if I wanted to. It was something to do with being around other people and no toilet. I got over it and am now a professional pee-er! My instructor even made me an 'Advanced peeing' specialty card, and yes it seems as though I pee ten times as much while I'm diving!
A while back I went diving at 2 locations in 1 day and my buddy was having trouble getting back into his semi-dry on our 2nd dive. I let him wear my skin which I had been wearing on the 1st dive and I went with just my wetsuit. I waited until he had the skin and suit on before I told him I had peed in it on the 1st dive! He still dives with me!

thesmoothdome
08-23-2007, 00:40
A while back I went diving at 2 locations in 1 day and my buddy was having trouble getting back into his semi-dry on our 2nd dive. I let him wear my skin which I had been wearing on the 1st dive and I went with just my wetsuit. I waited until he had the skin and suit on before I told him I had peed in it on the 1st dive! He still dives with me!

Now that's friendship :smilie39:

Charlotte Smith
08-23-2007, 07:26
never stop kicking...takes talent....

frankc420
08-23-2007, 08:10
I must admit, I've held up two fingers... but I didn't have a wetsuit on!

Remember that dive Michael? ROFL

Poor kids on the beach!

mwhities
08-23-2007, 08:25

Poor kids on the beach!

OMG dewd. I can't believe you posted that....

*kids on the beach*IT'S A BABY RUTH AND IT'S MINE!!!!!!!!*/kids on the beach*

Michael

unclepooty
08-23-2007, 08:33

Poor kids on the beach!

Did you have the same look on your face as your avatar just before the two fingers went up?:smilie39:

mwhities
08-23-2007, 09:05
Did you have the same look on your face as your avatar just before the two fingers went up?:smilie39:

Actually, he did.... sad thing is, I was close enough to see his face. I went down and AWAY after I saw that expression.

Michael

dallasdivergirl
08-23-2007, 10:39

Actually, he did.... sad thing is, I was close enough to see his face. I went down and AWAY after I saw that expression.

Michael

I think you two just official scarred me for the rest of the day. I have images in my mind I need steel wool to scrub out.

gtjason2000
08-23-2007, 10:44
I guess if i was a girl i would definitely pee in my wetsuit rather than go in some of the bathrooms on boats and at lakes I have seen.

CharlieSierra
08-24-2007, 03:09
I haven't. I'm another air hog. That means I'm back on the boat, have eaten half of the 'tween dive snacks, drank 4 bottles of water, and jumped back into the water without my wetsuit to pee.... just about the time the other divers are surfacing next to me :)

picxie
08-25-2007, 02:23
On a slightly side note, I heard that urine attracts sharks.

YellowfinKunkfish
08-25-2007, 17:11
Never. I just don't want that stuff in my wetsuit. ewww.

chinacat46
08-25-2007, 17:59
Well I have over 500 dives do I really need to admit it?

Zenagirl
08-26-2007, 08:01
I literally CAN'T pee in my wetsuit!! All those years of competitive swimming and hearing "don't pee in the pool" have taken their toll, so now I have to make sure when we boat dive that there's a head or I'm in big trouble!

I joke that I need to take a "Pee in your wetsuit" specialty. ;)

scubaguy4409
08-26-2007, 14:27
I do but I can honestly say it's when I'm in a shorty. That way I can just pull the pant leg and flush some sea water through! In fact the group I dive with have most all started wearing shortys for that reason. We have an unspoken agreement that you never pee if you are right in front of another diver, you pull out from the group a bit. How do you know that is being done you ask? At some point someone is pulling on the ley of their shorty and anybody watching gives the thumbs up sign. :smiley20:

chinacat46
08-26-2007, 15:10
Gee and I thought the thumbs up meant to ascend. Learn something new everyday.

Travelnsj
08-26-2007, 15:41
Here is an interesting debate on Undercurrent about Scuba Shack's rules in Maui.

For or Against the “No-Pee” Rule?
a steady stream of reader comments
We got a lot of responses to the article “Scuba Shack’s
‘No Peeing’ Rule” in the April issue. Some of you were
against it while others, especially those who have dived
with Scuba Shack, prefer a urine-free zone. Either way,
your opinions were vehement. Seems like Scuba Shack
owner Charley Neal has gotten some feedback too. He
wrote a caustic e-mail to an Undercurrent reader that, to
us, seems very inappropriate for someone who supposedly
won top marks for the best dive shop in Hawaii. We saved
his comments for last.

Dear Ben:

As a physician and diving instructor, I

feel compelled to address some of Mr. Neal’s “aesthetic”
points. Urine is sterile. If it were not, we would all have
urinary, kidney, bladder and prostate infections. Sure,
urine has waste products, especially ammonia, but not
bacteria. While Mr. Neal may not like urine on his skin,
he can be assured that he is not promoting bacterial
proliferation in his wetsuit. The exchange of water in his
wetsuit while diving has a diluting effect on the volume
of urine in his suit. So the idea of dumping urine onto the
carpet and the deck is not going to lead to infections. In
fact, it is theoretically more unhealthy to spit in your mask
and rinse it off in a community rinse bucket, although
this too is unlikely to lead to sickness. The human mouth
harbors more numerous and more toxic bacteria than the
urinary tract. Divers are a “spitting” group -- we spit when
we climb on board, when we have something in our regulators
to clear out, and so on. Perhaps this habit needs to
be banned as well! So I will continue to use hand sanitizers
when appropriate, because shaking hands is far riskier
behavior than peeing in your wetsuit.
— Steve Werlin, Dillon Beach, CA
Dear Ben:

Scuba Shack can make the rule and customers

can agree, but when the urge to pee hits, all rules
are off. Most dive boat operators don’t put carpet in areas
where salt water (and the plant and animal organisms that
come with it) as well as urine will be. That Scuba Shack
has chosen to do this is surprising. The thought of walking
on carpet baked in detritus is not pleasant, and I would be
surprised if you could smell trace urine over the stench that
must come from everything else embedded in the carpet.
— Michael Jones, Gilroy, CA
Dear Ben:

I was in Fiji for four weeks of diving and

had my own wetsuit but was concerned about peeing in
it. So each morning, I had a little coffee, a small juice and
no water. I was diving almost every day, plus hiking and
exercising, but I went easy on the water. At my last stay in
Wakaya, I got up in the middle of the night and passed out,
hitting the deck. The next day after diving and little water
intake, I went down again. Wakaya flew me back to the
U.S. I did every doctor test possible, and I am the healthiest
man on Earth. I called DAN and DAN’s doctor said without
delay, “Dehydration.” Now I drink tons of water, when
diving or not. I feel much healthier but I pee a lot. The key
word is Velcro. I took all my wetsuits to an alteration shop
and got Velcro put in the right places. Now I drink juice
and coffee at breakfast and water, water, water.
— Craig Condron, Spokane, WA
Dear Ben:

I have dived with Captain Charley several

times and have never found this rule to be unavoidable.
There are other options for “relieving” oneself. Captain
Charley provides a working head and Captain Valerie gives
clear instructions how to use it after she tells everyone
about the no-peeing rule. Perhaps “once underwater, the
urge to urinate increases” but still, if a full-grown man
in fit condition to dive can’t hold it in for the 70 minutes
he is underwater, then perhaps he ought to see his doctor.
Second, every captain has the right to make his or her own
policies regarding their boat. Captain Charley stated his
reasons for enforcing the no-peeing rule and provides an
alternative. His rule seems reasonable, so why is he being
reamed for it? You have given readers the completely wrong
idea about Scuba Shack.
— Jenna Jackson, Mountain View, CA
Dear Ben:

In a wilderness first aid-class, the instructor,

while discussing irrigation of severe wounds, referenced
the Army’s field medicine advocacy of using urine to flush
wounds if no other sterile fluid is available. The idea of
peeing into a chest wound sounds gross, but if the wound
must be flushed and there is no other reliable sterile fluid,
pee on it. There is a natural seepage of seawater through
even the best wet suits. A few minutes of active finning will
flush out nearly all of the pee. There is no way to generate
a puddle of urine on his pristine decks. If Scuba Shack
has decent rinse facilities, there should be no problem with
odor. Best advice to Charley Neal: Stop endangering your
clients with dehydration or the risk of a burst bladder.
— Peter A. Silvia, Falls Church, VA
Dear Ben:

I had to laugh at the ignorance of the Scuba

Shack staff. As the president of my daughter’s preschool,
I had to deal with the safe handling of toddlers’ pee and
poop. We parents agreed in an open meeting that urine was
sterile, while handling poop needed training and caution.
For the first 30 years of my diving, I worried about peeing.
When I became a father and “Mr. Mom” and changed thousands
of diapers, the subject became a lot less important. To
answer Captain Valerie’s question: “Do you know how many
germs and bacteria can breed in your wetsuit?” I believe
that it depends on the sanitation of the local Maui seawater
reduced by the action of the pee. So give up your “no peeing”
rule or place prominent notice of this silly rule on your
Web site. Because this is an uncommon rule, by not stating
it before people commit their resources to come dive with
Scuba Shack, you make yourself vulnerable to damages that
a customer might incur in a last-minute cancellation.
— Steve Chaikin, Whitmore Lake, MI
(Chaikin also e-mailed his comments to Scuba Shack
owner Charley Neal and forwarded us Neal’s reply below.)
Dude, it stinks. Pee stinks. If you would like to come use
a wetsuit that a plethora of people have pissed in, we have a
list of shops that have them for your use. I’m not on the list.
I don’t pee in my cars, my pants, my beds, on my carpets
and rugs, my hot tub, my swimming pool, my wetsuit. You,
feel free. You can pee all over yourself and just revel in it
and the stench. Roll around in it, it’s sterile! I hear people
drink it too! Probably good for you! You just can’t come out
with us and piss yourself. Sorry, we run with a clean crowd.
You, I’m not so sure. I have received over 300 letters today
of kudos, thanks and new bookings from clean people.
We’re just weeding out the bed-wetters. Since you are obviously
one of those people with no real life and nothing better
to do than write complete strangers e-mails, why don’t
you pass this letter around? I think you have a little too
much time on your hands. Maybe you need to go pee.
— Captain Charley Neal, Scuba Shack, Kihei, HI

CompuDude
08-26-2007, 20:25
Good to know... there's one dive shop I'll never be visiting (with my vacation dollars) next time I go to Maui...

Divegirl
08-26-2007, 23:43
How many dive masters have said "there are two types of divers, those who do and those who lie about it"

I gotta say " yeap, i do
but the first time it was really really uncomfortable, I felt like I was a child and just did a really bad thing, I P'D my pants!!!)

Such a strange feeling I must say!

JediShack
04-12-2008, 03:19
Yes I do and I keep on kicking. It is one of the reasons I am buying a wetsuit as soon as I can. At least then I will know who has pissed in it. :smiley36:

Smashee
04-12-2008, 15:35
Never. I've got a properly fitting semi-dry and the idea of gently marinading in my own pee doesn't sound like fun.
It's spelled w-e-t-s-u-i-t.
No P.

mentalmarine
04-12-2008, 15:51
Never. I've got a properly fitting semi-dry and the idea of gently marinading in my own pee doesn't sound like fun.
It's spelled w-e-t-s-u-i-t.
No P.

Ahhhhhhh just do it, its nice and warm!!!!!

Charles R
04-12-2008, 16:16
I've avoided it so far. But I think its just a matter of time before I do. I hear its a hard habit to break once you start getting used to it, and since I am going to start diving dry next month, its one more habit I don't want to have to break.

And yes, we got an instructor laughing so hard she peed her dry suit. Her goal now is to get the rest of us to join her in the peeing the dry suit club.
See that is where us males have one advantage. I can pee in my drysuit all day, well kind of I have this wonderful thing called a P-valve

mentalmarine
04-12-2008, 16:17
and of course the SHE-Valve is out there too :)

Smashee
04-12-2008, 18:59
Never.
No P.
Ahhhhhhh just do it, its nice and warm!!!!!

Only in a rental suit. That comes under the heading of self-defense. :smilie39::smilie39:

mobeeno
04-12-2008, 19:23
That is not an option my friend

jtkkym
04-12-2008, 19:53
Yes, I do.

Silverback
12-19-2012, 04:19
- Those who lie about it

Which are you?

It's not in the Student manual, it is in the Instructors manual......

I heard that same story from Mike Nelson when I took my basic course back in the day......:smilie39:

And yes, trying Ice Diving in a wetsuit and NOT pee, I double dog dare ya..... it can't be done, especially after five cups of coffee trying to stay warm in 0 degree temps while the hole is cut.

navyhmc
12-19-2012, 08:02
Amen Silver!

mcr0112
12-19-2012, 14:46
Doesn't take anything near ice diving for me. In fact just being on the dive boat gives me an urge. If while diving I don't I start worrying about dyhydration iusses.