PDA

View Full Version : DOG Days Dewey Short - Table Rock Lake

CWSWine
02-19-2009, 18:18
There is DOG days at Dewey Short on the 25th and 26th of April. You can try out a DUI Dry suit for $15.00 and you do not have have a dry suit cert to dive. Looks like they are going to have hamburgers for lunch and also a dinner that evening. Sounds like a fun weekend and I going to try to go - anyone else?

Here it link from more info:

2009 DUI DOG Rally and Demo Tour - come scuba test dive a DUI drysuit (http://www.dui-online.com/dog_main.aspx)

Skred
02-19-2009, 18:42
My wife and I will be there. We're taking a dry suit cert course next month and will be doing our checkouts that weekend. I'm hoping that plenty of the DDCN group will be there so we can get acquainted!

bottomdweller
02-19-2009, 19:44
I will be there, & after Oronogo 02/28/09 I will know how serious I am about getting a drysuit? I am only 30 mins from Dewey & may go both days? Beachbum I am sure will be there with me, My other brother-in-law (Kaarl the whipped) May try & make it too! Kaarl is going to get to go on the 28th.

Please lord all I ask for is 68 degree temps in Oronogo, Mo on 2/28/2009
I promise last night was the last time that happens!!!

plot
02-19-2009, 20:08
we went to stockton today and froze our asses off.

clear, sunny, water was great, gear wasn't.

wind was absolutely brutal though... luckily at oronogo you can get out of the wind.

Skred
02-19-2009, 22:16
Ok, bottomdweller. Since you've got the local knowledge, how about helpin' a fellow diver out with a hotel recommendation?

CWSWine
02-19-2009, 22:50
Ok, bottomdweller. Since you've got the local knowledge, how about helpin' a fellow diver out with a hotel recommendation?

I'm going to tell my wife that we are staying in Branson and take in show and a nice dinner - got to soften her up so I can order that new DUI350 Custom Fitted dry suit.:smiley36:

Skred
02-20-2009, 08:18
Nice! A man with a plan! :smiley32:

DivingCRNA
02-20-2009, 08:31
I will be there, & after Oronogo 02/28/09 I will know how serious I am about getting a drysuit? I am only 30 mins from Dewey & may go both days? Beachbum I am sure will be there with me, My other brother-in-law (Kaarl the whipped) May try & make it too! Kaarl is going to get to go on the 28th.

Wanna borrow my old drysuit on the 28th? There are a few who might use it, so I am bringing it. It is a neoprene suit with latex seals and a pee valve.

I am 5' 10" and 196# size 11 feet. It is a little snug on me when I get fat, but is OK now.

Frogman
02-20-2009, 09:30

Wanna borrow my old drysuit on the 28th? There are a few who might use it, so I am bringing it. It is a neoprene suit with latex seals and a pee valve.

I am 5' 10" and 196# size 11 feet. It is a little snug on me when I get fat, but is OK now.

I'll use it!!!:edjoeb::campfire:

bottomdweller
02-20-2009, 09:33
I might give it a try if I can fit my chubby 205 lbs into it!
Maybe I'll try to drop a few lbs.

CWSWine
02-23-2009, 20:08
I kinda leaning toward the DUI TLS350 and plan to learn a lot more them at DOG days. Does anyone know if they have suits for sale there or do they take orders? If I require a custom suit will they do all the measurements at DOG days?

Skred
04-01-2009, 12:11
I kinda leaning toward the DUI TLS350 and plan to learn a lot more them at DOG days. Does anyone know if they have suits for sale there or do they take orders? If I require a custom suit will they do all the measurements at DOG days?

My LDS told me last night that there will be no sales at DOG days. As for the sizing, my assumption is that since they have to fit you with demo gear, getting the correct measurements is likely part of the process.

I had never been in a dry suit before last night in the pool at my LDS. Now, I'm totally stoked to go to DOG days and trying to figure out how to convince the wife that I "Need" a dry suit!:smiley36:

snagel
04-02-2009, 07:58
No sales at DUI, but there will be plenty of LDS reps that can point you in the right direction. DUI is there to demo the suits and leave the selling to their authorized LDS reps.

They do kinda a fitting, get you with the right neck and wrist seals and guess on standard size of suits. I would'nt count on this as a true measurement.

Go and try out the different styles of suits and find what you want. Then go to a LDS that sells the DUI and they will fit you. If you don't have a authorized DUI Rep close, you can purchase on-line.

S. Nagel

aperkins
04-02-2009, 09:07
If you do get a custom measured suit, be careful who you go through. It is apparently not easy to measure correctly. Do a search on the other board and you will find many examples of people who went to a low volume shop and did not get measured correctly. Find a shop that really knows how to do the custom fitting. Even if you have to drive a ways, it is worth it for a $3000 suit. And don't be afraid to send it back if you don't like it, DUI has excellent customer service and they will usually fix for free whatever it is you don't like.

CWSWine
04-08-2009, 19:31
Looks like I won't make Dog Days - long story. I did get a Zeagle dry suit and got a deal I just couldn't pass up. I also picked up a Zeagle Flathead 7 and Flathead 6 to match the one I have for when I switch to doubles. Iím going to try to make Jul 4th dive business allowing.