PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Glub000
02-21-2009, 11:10
Gentlemen, I thought I would post an actual scuba question to the Man Laws forum. While I have logged a few dives, I do not claim to be an expert. I would greatly appreciate the wisdom of the more expierenced divers in this group. I try to anticipate problems that I might face in advance. I hope that I'll be able to deal with them better when they do arise. This one has me confused.
What would you do?
1) Help the poor girl out.
2) Help the poor girl out of her bottoms.
3) Slay the giant octopus with your tank banger and return her belongings.
4) Write on your slate "Yes that is a Gymnothorax funebris in my wetsuit and I am happy to see you"
5) Other?
Please keep your replys to a PG13 rating. Thanks!
http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/1/2/9/6/2/scuba_girl_small_copy.jpg

Straegen
02-21-2009, 11:12
I hate to admit it but probably stare with the look of a youngster seeing his first bicycle.

JCAT
02-21-2009, 11:38
5. Other---Pass by because obviously I'm narc'd, no one is attractive underwater....no one.
Write on Dive Slate 'Quit harassing the Octopus or I'll report you'
Write on Dive Slate 'Move, so I can get a picture of the octopus'
Write on Dive Slate 'Secure your gauges before they drag on reef'

:smilie40:

navyhmc
02-21-2009, 12:30
5. Other---Pass by because obviously I'm narc'd, no one is attractive underwater....no one.
Write on Dive Slate 'Quit harassing the Octopus or I'll report you'
Write on Dive Slate 'Move, so I can get a picture of the octopus'
Write on Dive Slate 'Secure your gauges before they drag on reef'

:smilie40:

Not totally true JCAT. I recall one lass in USVI that I dove with....<post removed for violating TOS>

I agree with your other options though :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

Scooter58
02-21-2009, 13:23
I would ask her how much air she has left;
if her straps are tight;
to clear her mask....
...anything to get her to move her hands.

Flatliner
02-21-2009, 13:41
Where's my camera?

emt
02-21-2009, 21:55
Definitely help the girl................. till I'm exhausted.

Splitlip
02-21-2009, 23:00
Bring her to the surface and perform CPR until releived.

Diver Kat
02-21-2009, 23:02
Bring her to the surface and perform CPR until releived.Until she's relieved? Or you're relieved?????:smilie39::smilie39:

ektess1
02-21-2009, 23:28
5. Other.
Make the beast with 2 backs at depth for as long as possible. She would give out before me, but I would help as long and hard as she needed.

Splitlip
02-21-2009, 23:31
pg 13 ...pg 13
:tenker:

Bring her to the surface and perform CPR until releived.Until she's relieved? Or you're relieved?????:smilie39::smilie39:

Diver Kat
02-21-2009, 23:37
pg 13 ...pg 13
:tenker:

LOL ... I think we need to seriously clean out your mind with some soap!!:smiley3:

Splitlip
02-21-2009, 23:44
I only replied to your post! You said relieved! I'm a guy. That means Green Light!

(So you're going to be in the Keys next month, eh? I'll be there too. Where are you staying? )

Actually, I'm there every couple months. Have family and friends from Tavernier to KW. Where are you going to be?

Diver Kat
02-22-2009, 00:23
I only replied to your post! You said relieved! I'm a guy. That means Green Light!

(So you're going to be in the Keys next month, eh? I'll be there too. Where are you staying? )

Actually, I'm there every couple months. Have family and friends from Tavernier to KW. Where are you going to be?
Key Largo, then Marathon for a week, and Key Largo on the way back to FLL. I have a sister that just bought a house in Vero Beach, but have no idea if the diving up there is good ... wish she'd bought closer to the Keys!!

Vercingetorix
02-22-2009, 09:13
no one is attractive underwater....no one.
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/users/3/33292/42_2007/mermaid3636.jpg

JCAT
02-22-2009, 09:36
Vercingetorix (http://forum.scubatoys.com/members/vercingetorix.html),

uh no. If I saw that underwater, I would KNOW I was narc'd. Obviously, the poor creature has species identity issues. That coupled with the bottle in it's hand leads me to believe it has an alcohol problem as well.

NO ONE likes a drunk fish!! :smilie39:

Splitlip
02-22-2009, 09:45

Key Largo, then Marathon for a week, and Key Largo on the way back to FLL. I have a sister that just bought a house in Vero Beach, but have no idea if the diving up there is good ... wish she'd bought closer to the Keys!!

Vero is nice. Beautiful beaches but not the best place for Diving. The gulf stream is pretty far off shore there. They do pull pretty large bugs from the Treasure Coast though.

But surfing :smiley20: is better. There is none in the Keys .That far north, the state is out of the shadow of the Bahamas and and get's nice swells.

Actually Vero is only an hour from Jupiter, however. From Jupiter south is where the diving really is.
You have the opportunity for a great adventure. Plus I'm here.:heartpump:

Diver Kat
02-22-2009, 17:19
Vero is nice. Beautiful beaches but not the best place for Diving. The gulf stream is pretty far off shore there. They do pull pretty large bugs from the Treasure Coast though.

But surfing :smiley20: is better. There is none in the Keys .That far north, the state is out of the shadow of the Bahamas and and get's nice swells.

Actually Vero is only an hour from Jupiter, however. From Jupiter south is where the diving really is.
You have the opportunity for a great adventure. Plus I'm here.:heartpump:No surfing for me or Alan, took us long enough to start diving! Maybe we'll make it to your neck of the woods for diving one day, but as for :heartpump: .... I don't think you're Alan's type (even as Tina!:smiley2:) and I'm a one guy girl when it comes to :heartpump:! :)

Splitlip
02-22-2009, 17:28

You have the opportunity for a great adventure. Plus I'm here.:heartpump:No surfing for me or Alan, took us long enough to start diving! Maybe we'll make it to your neck of the woods for diving one day, but as for :heartpump: .... I don't think you're Alan's type (even as Tina!:smiley2:) and I'm a one guy girl when it comes to :heartpump:! :)

Hmmm...

Is Allan hot? :smiley36:

If you spend time at your sister's place you will end up diving here.

Best bet is the summer. Jupiter is all drift diving and relatively deep. Larger animals than many locations.

Boynton is another 50 min south. Easier and shallow dives (unless you do the wrecks). In between is Palm Beach.

Diver Kat
02-22-2009, 17:35

Hmmm...

Is Allan hot? :smiley36: Most definitely!!

Best bet is the summer. Jupiter is all drift diving and relatively deep. Larger animals than many locations.

Boynton is another 50 min south. Easier and shallow dives (unless you do the wrecks). In between is Palm Beach.Didn't realize how close you are to West Palm Beach ... we have dove there when we stayed in Miami a few years back. Since 2009 vacation is already mapped out, we'll see what happens in 2010 ... at the rate I plan things, it may be years before I get to my sister's house!

Splitlip
02-22-2009, 18:08
Yup. West Palm is our Urban center and the County seat. I go out of there more often than Jupiter. My main buddies are members of the Scuba Club. Anybody can dive with them, but as a member he get's discounts and other privalages.

Hmmm...

Is Allan hot? :smiley36: Most definitely!!

Boynton is another 50 min south. Easier and shallow dives (unless you do the wrecks). In between is Palm Beach.Didn't realize how close you are to West Palm Beach ... we have dove there when we stayed in Miami a few years back. Since 2009 vacation is already mapped out, we'll see what happens in 2010 ... at the rate I plan things, it may be years before I get to my sister's house!

mksmith713
03-06-2009, 08:12
Think to myself, "Damn this wetsuit and gear is a pain getting off under water.