PDA

View Full Version : Annd the weather for 2-28-09 is....

navyhmc
02-22-2009, 13:29
Long range forecast on Weather Underground currently shows next Saturday in the 50's, lows around 30. There is an up to 50% chance of rain on Thurday though.

Still, looks like good diving weather to me!!! YEE HAAA!!! :smiley20::smiley20:

ETA: KOAMTV in Joplin has Saturday high at 49f low of 29f and Friday's high is 42f and low Friday night 31f

Splitlip
02-22-2009, 16:27
Long range forecast on Weather Underground currently shows next Saturday in the 50's, lows around 30. There is an up to 50% chance of rain on Thurday though.

Still, looks like good diving weather to me!!! YEE HAAA!!! :smiley20::smiley20:

ETA: KOAMTV in Joplin has Saturday high at 49f low of 29f and Friday's high is 42f and low Friday night 31f

What's the probablilty for sticks in the forcast?

Frogman
02-22-2009, 17:39
Will that rain effect the Vis.???:wizard:

Splitlip
02-22-2009, 18:04

My God, Man! Who cares? What about the sticks!?!?!?

navyhmc
02-22-2009, 18:54
Sorry, can't forecast sticks more than 2 days out.... :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

navyhmc
02-22-2009, 18:56

Splitlip, that has got to be the best post I have seen in a long time!!! :smiley20: :smiley20: :smiley20: :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

navyhmc
02-23-2009, 10:25
KOAM had boosted Saturdays temps to 54 but it will be cloudy.

more to come as we get closer.

gNats
02-23-2009, 14:26

Splitlip, that has got to be the best post I have seen in a long time!!! :smiley20: :smiley20: :smiley20: :smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

Please note:

No breasts, nipples, bums showing through the bottom of short shorts, or gardening techniques were discussed in the making of the best post seen in a long time!

Who would have thought this forum could enjoy a post that didn't involve partial nudity of a woman?

CWSWine
02-23-2009, 14:38

Need one these from ST...

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/wetsuits/pics/dive44jacket.jpg

neogeo
02-23-2009, 14:47
I live 15 minutes away from the quarry right now its 54f no wind and sunny

gNats
02-23-2009, 15:04

Need one these from ST...

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/wetsuits/pics/dive44jacket.jpg

OMG- ST SELLS THOSE!!!! I had no idea! Is it LEGAL?

I'll take that model and size please. Send to Michigan. Oh, hell, leave him in the store and I will be right there to take possession. I'm calling NWA right now!

Does he give backrubs?

navyhmc
02-23-2009, 16:23
Okay folks, stand next to gNats--she may be a few degrees warmer than the rest of us. :D

Splitlip
02-23-2009, 16:45

Please note:

No breasts, nipples, bums showing through the bottom of short shorts, or gardening techniques were discussed in the making of the best post seen in a long time!

Who would have thought this forum could enjoy a post that didn't involve partial nudity of a woman?

You betcha Girl! That's why I am so popular. I can be clever without resorting to "toilet humor". We all know who you are talking about . Tsk Tsk. Shame on him!
I am so tempted to report him and his off color posts.
Thanks for mentioning it. I take your reply as a compliment.

Dark Wolf
02-23-2009, 17:50
So, back to the diving..............

DW

plot
02-23-2009, 18:47
i dont get it.. and if it doesnt involve breast, nipples, or bums, i don't think i wanna get it...

fire diver
02-23-2009, 22:55
Please note:

Frankly, I'm horrified by the thought of breasts or nipples showing through the bottom of short pants. UGGGHHHH!!!

CWSWine
02-23-2009, 23:12
Okay folks, stand next to gNats--she may be a few degrees warmer than the rest of us. :D

WOW -- I just purchased that jacket for ST....Hmmm!!

neogeo
02-24-2009, 02:51
Breast and nipples showing out of shorts?????? Sound good to me I live round these parts as long as they at the knees ankle we'sa good!!!

navyhmc
02-24-2009, 05:17
And back to the weather:

KOAM shows the weather for friday as high of 48, overnight low of 31. Saturday: They have upped the forecast temp to partly cloudy and high of 57 (up from 54) los Sat. night: 32.

HOWEVER:

As DW posted in another thread: Weather underground forecasts Friday high of 45, low of 29. Saturday partly cloudy with a high of 45 and low of 25.

I can't say which to choose, but I am more in favor of the local station vs. the national data repository.

YMMV>

gNats
02-24-2009, 08:05
And back to the weather:

KOAM shows the weather for friday as high of 48, overnight low of 31. Saturday: They have upped the forecast temp to partly cloudy and high of 57 (up from 54) los Sat. night: 32.

HOWEVER:

As DW posted in another thread: Weather underground forecasts Friday high of 45, low of 29. Saturday partly cloudy with a high of 45 and low of 25.

I can't say which to choose, but I am more in favor of the local station vs. the national data repository.

YMMV>

Thanks Navy. Talk about a thread gone bad.

PS - don't think I didn't see you started it!

Dark Wolf
02-24-2009, 08:57
And back to the weather:

HOWEVER:

YMMV>

Ummmmm. Not exactly. Wasn't hmc that started it.................:)

DW

gNats
02-24-2009, 09:13
And back to the weather:

HOWEVER:

YMMV>

Ummmmm. Not exactly. Wasn't hmc that started it.................:)

DW

I am quite sure I have no idea what you are referring to.

And, I would almost wager that you are implying I started the thread down the thread-gone-bad road. And all I can say to that is, well, you Sir are very mistaken.

:smilie40:

Dark Wolf
02-24-2009, 09:17

Please note:

Hmmmmmm. Oh REALLY????:smilie40:
Yep, I must be mistaken. :)

DW

gNats
02-24-2009, 09:22

Please note:

Hmmmmmm. Oh REALLY????:smilie40:
Yep, I must be mistaken. :)

DW

What, that wasn't taking anything down the "thread gone bad" after you consider the thread in the man's forum about women joggers posted by our resident "bastone-phobic".

I was just providing a public service message.

I believe the VISUAL AIDS last night did start from hmc's posting...

:smilie40:

Dark Wolf
02-24-2009, 09:28
But this isn't the mans forum, and I believe there were no mention of nipples, etc until that time. :D

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program..................:D

DW

navyhmc
02-24-2009, 12:18
And back to the weather:

HOWEVER:

YMMV>

ME???!:sad:

Splitlip started it with those damned sticks and then it was okay until YOU (!!) mentioned nip*****. Then it went down hill from there.:smiley32: :smiley36:

Dark Wolf
02-24-2009, 12:39
And back to the weather:

HOWEVER:

YMMV>

Splitlip started it with those damned sticks and then it was okay until YOU (!!) mentioned nip*****. Then it went down hill from there.:smiley32: :smiley36:

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smiley20:

DW

gNats
02-24-2009, 13:19
And back to the weather:

HOWEVER:

YMMV>

Okay - I retract my, "I didn't start it" comment because I had confused two threads.

I just had the fun privilege of opening the other thread, where Navy and Geo posted visual eye boggling posters. I thought the posters were in this thread, and had been removed.

I don't think I would be able to find 3 people who know me today who would call me a prude. But, I have to say, ugh. Navy, Geo, not sure what you were thinking. :smiley11:

But, what the heck. To each his own eye candy I suppose. :smiley20:

:smiley2:

navyhmc
02-24-2009, 13:51
Well, since split has been posting all over the durned place, I can understand. But, mine was a simple lamp.... I hate to say it, but mine was *again* in response to something you wrote, something about double meaning. I have no idea what neo was thinking...

That said, I will consider myself chastised and would like to say I went to bed without my supper, but since I work tonight.... :D

gNats
02-24-2009, 14:06
Well, since split has been posting all over the durned place, I can understand. But, mine was a simple lamp.... I hate to say it, but mine was *again* in response to something you wrote, something about double meaning. I have no idea what neo was thinking...

That said, I will consider myself chastised and would like to say I went to bed without my supper, but since I work tonight.... :D

:smiley20:

navyhmc
02-25-2009, 15:24
and the weather has gone to carp! It's the sticks I tell ya, the sticks!

The high has been dropped from the anticipated 57 to now it's 44 with a evening low of 33. But they are saying partly cloudy. Firday night is slated to be 38.

Weather Underground is even worse: They do indeed show possibility of snow with a high of 41, low of 23. Personally, I like KOAM better.

and gNats, this is number 2 of my required posts. :smiley36:

gNats
02-25-2009, 15:26

Right on!

You are hereby requested to not post any more lampshades as a means of achieving your 3 posts.

gNats
02-25-2009, 15:29
and the weather has gone to carp! It's the sticks I tell ya, the sticks!

The high has been dropped from the anticipated 57 to now it's 44 with a evening low of 33. But they are saying partly cloudy. Firday night is slated to be 38.

Weather Underground is even worse: They do indeed show possibility of snow with a high of 41, low of 23. Personally, I like KOAM better.

Well, no... 44 degrees... aint that special! Think of it this way - you're there to go diving. The water temps are 50 degrees. You will be WARMER in the water!

Who bought that new scuba parka.... CWSWine... That's right. He's my new best friend. :smiley2:

Oh wait, I think Mrs. CWSwine is going... hmmm.... there could be a problem.

navyhmc
02-25-2009, 15:48
Tell you what gNats: I'll bring you a nice warm Polar Fleece jacket to use. 300 weight so it's nice and warm. Probably big enough to be a parka for you.

medicdiver
02-25-2009, 16:02
As long as the weather is warmer than freezing I'll be ok for diving.

gNats
02-25-2009, 21:09
Tell you what gNats: I'll bring you a nice warm Polar Fleece jacket to use. 300 weight so it's nice and warm. Probably big enough to be a parka for you.

I'll be expecting it! I don't want to drag my heavy coat on the plane!

fire diver
02-26-2009, 06:40
Can you believe I've got the AC cranked up already? Winter lasts about 2 weeks here! Good luck on your dives folks, I still would rather be there!

Lulubelle
02-26-2009, 06:57
Those swim parkas/boat coats are terrific. My brother has bunches of them. I took one on my liveaboard and needed it after dive 3 of the day and after the night dives.

The bottom temps were low 70s afterall and I was in a 3mm. :smiley36:

Be careful all, have fun, and we want pictures.

cummings66
02-26-2009, 10:29
Things look pretty static the last day or so for temps, not too bad. My cold is improving, today is the first day in a week I've got up without a splitting headache, only hurts when I cough. Sinuses are improving, can actually breathe out my nose today, so I'm getting hopeful. I think regardless of temps it'll be a fun day for diving. I'll warn anybody who buddies with me that I may have equalization issues due to the recent problems I've had, but at this point I'm hopeful it won't stop me. I know some tricks...

So, looking good IMO. If all goes to my plans the weather will be good, no snow or rain and we'll have a good time.

navyhmc
02-26-2009, 11:51
Weather Report:

A Cold front is moving in mid friday night so there is a chnce of flurried on Saturday morning. Hig of 40 and saturday night low of 25.

WTF!!! It's fricking 68 degrees here today. What is this, some kind of sick joke!!!? Screw it! I'm going diving!

bottomdweller
02-26-2009, 12:35
I'm thinking BIG fire, Warm heaters, Pop-Up camper, & lots of extra clothing & all will be good!!!

navyhmc
02-26-2009, 12:42
Yep! I have a feeling that I'll be keeping my wet suit on and zipped---maybe.

Dark Wolf
02-26-2009, 13:10
Weather update: TWC is now forcasting a high of 36 with am snow showers...........

DW

neogeo
02-26-2009, 13:16
http://fourstateshomepage.com/content/weather

Dark Wolf
02-26-2009, 13:56
I like your forcast better, neo.

DW

neogeo
02-26-2009, 13:58
me too you guys need to stop be so negative!!

cowgirldiver
02-26-2009, 14:02
Can you believe it? My temp says it is 79 degrees here right now....why couldn't this weather have waited for the weekend????

CWSWine
02-26-2009, 14:06
Can you believe it? My temp says it is 79 degrees here right now....why couldn't this weather have waited for the weekend????

Suppose to be warm on Monday, it is just Friday, Saturday and Sunday that is suppose be cold.

navyhmc
02-26-2009, 15:28

Suppose to be warm on Monday, it is just Friday, Saturday and Sunday that is suppose be cold.

Okay, who pissed off mother nature??????:smiley13:

wheelman
02-26-2009, 15:31
I recall some posts about sticks. She likes sticks.

Dark Wolf
02-26-2009, 15:52

Okay, who pissed off mother nature??????:smiley13:

It was probably me. :)

DW

navyhmc
02-26-2009, 15:57
What did you do THIS TIME DW? :nono: :smiley36:

DivingCRNA
02-27-2009, 08:00
I live 10 miles from the dive site and it is 68 degrees this morning!

Inside my house!!!! It is ****ing 28 degrees outside!!!!!

navyhmc
02-27-2009, 08:04
Unfortunately, here it's 19 at 8:00 am. What we have will be there this after noon. Like I said earlier: Screw it, I'm going diving!!!!

Flatliner
02-27-2009, 09:06
I hate to do this, BUT after careful consideration Terry, Caleb and I are going to cancel due to the weather forcast. With the length of drive we have we don't think it is a good plan. If DW could PM one of us with his snail mail address, we will both send money for the shirts we ordered.

Sorry all,

gNats
02-27-2009, 09:18
I hate to do this, BUT after careful consideration Terry, Caleb and I are going to cancel due to the weather forcast. With the length of drive we have we don't think it is a good plan. If DW could PM one of us with his snail mail address, we will both send money for the shirts we ordered.

Sorry all,

OH ! No! That's a bummer!

Dark Wolf
02-27-2009, 09:38
Flatliner, today or tomorrow I will get a PM sent your way. Not a problem at all. Hate that you all can't make it down. Was looking forward to diving with you all. Maybe you guys can make it down for the July 4 DDCN dive.

DW

navyhmc
02-27-2009, 10:08
I too agree with DW. Flatliner et.al., git down here on the 4th if possible!

cummings66
02-27-2009, 10:19
You guys must the the ones they said canceled the reservations. I booked mine just a bit ago and I'm packed ready to go.

I recall diving with Terry when there was ice on the ground, what's up??? I was looking forwards to meeting you guys, well, there's always next time.

Flatliner
02-27-2009, 11:07
Sorry all, Neither Terry or I had an issue with the thought of getting in the water at all. It was the combination of the drive and the non-diving 12 y/o that swung us. Sorry again. I hope the 4th will work.

cummings66
02-27-2009, 11:16
I'm lucky enough that my wife doesn't dive so she watches our 6 year old, and has at times watched a group of kids during some of the dive events I attend. Lot of work on her part though.

Still, with the cold I'm sure that they'll be a bit eager for me to get the dives out of the way so we can warm up. Time will tell how that works out. Still, the drive in poor weather isn't fun. I'm going down tonight and hope that the drive is good. Don't care what it does coming home, I'm off Monday so it doesn't matter how long it takes me.