PDA

View Full Version : Remembering times I should "not" have went on the Date.

emt
02-22-2009, 22:24
The good thing about time is some of the things that happened in the past just become stranger & funnier. What about some in your past?

Here's one in mine when I was 17:
It seemed really strange & tense leaving the parents house at 6pm with the date. We had been out about 4 times over 2 months. After the movie she confesses that she panicked and told her parents that she was late with her last period and didn't know what to do. (It came within the next 2 days after the confession). They asked her who were you with? The real guy was a 1st time date that the parents did not like. Soooo she said the parents liked me so I named you.:smiley29:

I immediately took her home and exited stage left. That was my last date with her as I had not even visited that area.

Oh, she got married to a totally different guy within 1yr.

K9Pig
02-22-2009, 23:00
:smiley5::smiley5::smiley5:
:smiley36:
However, if it hadn't been for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd date, marriage, +1 yr, +2 yrs. I wouldn't have had my greatest little gift... My wonderful daughter...:smiley20:

Shoot now days guys/gals are going through that scare at 14 yoa.

PS... emt it's a good thing you exited stage left... Odds are you are right handed and if you exited stage right you would have only made more right turns back to her... (People tend to run to their dominant side when SCARED.)

emt
02-23-2009, 00:08
Here's another when I believe I was 18:

We talk on the phone at least 2 different nights and I ask her out for Sat. night after I get off work. The conversation is great (she does mention that she is related to a girl I used to date regularly) and I am really looking forward to seeing her and I drive up to the house & knock at the door. The little brother comes to the door and says she's not here, I ask where is she and he says at the college football game. I ask when will she be back and he says he does not know. Well, the game probably ended about 4pm so maybe she's on her way back. So I wait in the car about 10-15 minutes. No one comes back to tell me yes or no on her plans on returning. I then proceed to get the 50 to 100 golf clubs out of the trunk that I picked up for free (another story). They had a nice bermuda lawn and across the street was a nice empty field. I'm not sure what they thought of my golf swing as they just looked thru the window as I divoted their lawn for the next 45 minutes and planted a lot of balls in the field. I think I intimidated them a little.
Fortunately my only: Stood-up date story.

emt
02-24-2009, 09:40
Here's another when 18 - 19yrs old:

About 10 P.M. everythings going great. I think I'm about to score a touchdown or hit a homerun.
As I'm crossing the goal line, Suddenly the smell of 10,000 rotten fish fills the air of the stadium. Totally overpowering my olfactory senses.
I immediately retreat, astounded that the other party:
1. Was unaware that this would happen.
2. Knew not that they were dying or dead.
3. Had no sense of smell.
4. Did not mind sharing this.
5. And gave no mention of this foul odor before or after the incident

P.S. I would not make a good sanitation worker, the nose could never handle the insults.

MSilvia
02-24-2009, 10:08
"I feel so happy when I'm with you that I decided to stop seeing my therapist!"

NOT what I wanted to hear after 6 weeks of dating, especially when I was already having regrets.

scubastud
02-24-2009, 13:31
My now ex shot at me once.... she said, "oh i missed on purpose..so no big deal."
I guess I'm a big baby..

emt
02-24-2009, 23:23
Those were the only 3 that I should not have went on. A lot of others were a mix of good/bad but not all bad like:
Getting a traffic ticket due to smooching while driving and crossing a yellow line on a 2 way road with the police behind us.
Also, embarassing moments like striking out at slow pitch due to my head still spinning after intense smooching.
But a lot of fun came with those episodes also.

cummings66
02-25-2009, 14:28
I can honestly say there was never a date I should not have gone on. I learned something from every single one, regret nothing.

That doesn't mean I enjoyed them all or that I never experienced anguish. But I am who and what I am due to the choices I made and I wouldn't regret any of them due to that.

JTMoney
02-27-2009, 13:05
I can honestly say there was never a date I should not have gone on. I learned something from every single one, regret nothing.

That doesn't mean I enjoyed them all or that I never experienced anguish. But I am who and what I am due to the choices I made and I wouldn't regret any of them due to that.

I'm with this guy.