PDA

View Full Version : When you are a member of few dive forums...

superkingkong
08-21-2007, 17:49
Do you post the same questions in all forums? :)

for eg, if you have a question about reg leaking, do you post it in all forums? or do you have your "primary" forum and "secondary" forum? :smiley2:

Jaymeany
08-21-2007, 17:55
I initially post all but then figure out where i probably will find the best answer and just post there.

Hollywood703
08-21-2007, 17:59
I usually post it 1 place, and if limited responses, or not answering the question then i will repost on another forum.....never one right after another..

Illini_Fan
08-21-2007, 18:08
I typically post in 1, see what type of responses I get and then post in the other. It is typically a similar question with the answers from the first board baked-in.

DivingsInMyBlood
08-21-2007, 19:09
usally i post where i will get the most responses.

rubberduck
08-21-2007, 19:14
I usually post in one spot, my questions usually are answered from the one post

greyzen
08-21-2007, 19:27
I just post in one and like most.. if I don't get the answer I need I post elsewhere.

Though in some cases, you'll notice a trend of similar answers...from similar...names.

It's almost like the same people are copy & pasting their answer to my copy & pasted question...

dmdoss
08-21-2007, 19:42
I really haven't been using the other ones since I joined ST.

ScubaToys Larry
08-21-2007, 19:46
I know a lot of posts people are looking for opinions from board members. If ever your post is a question that myself, one of the manufacturers can answer, feel free to PM me at the same time. I have too many posts going on to see them all, but if you call my attention to it, I'll try to come up with some kind of answer.

Obviously, this will work great for "What is the IP of this reg?" or "How many ports does that reg have?"

But if you want opinions like "Do you like this operator in Florida?" or "Do you configure your stuff like this or that?" Then getting others opinions might be more beneficial than mine... but I'll toss in mine if you ask!

superkingkong
08-21-2007, 20:12
I've seen quite a few posts elsewhere with this answer... "i've answered your question in "that" forum" :)

Liv7301
08-21-2007, 23:52
I post based on where I think I will get better responses and not get flamed if it is a touchy question, though I don't usually post anything that would be too controversial.

And I will admit that lately I have been spending very little time on the "other" forum for a variety of reasons.

JugglingMonkeys
08-22-2007, 03:07
i post here on ST, but also lurk on the other one. Don't really want to post there though.

jpatmore
08-22-2007, 03:11
I usually just post on one, and see what response I get. If I need more information I may post on other forums.

subsur
08-22-2007, 08:15
in the meantime, i post my questions only in one forum. so far i've been getting answers so no need to post in many forums.

Phestr
08-22-2007, 09:48
I'm like alot of others, I've stopped going to the other forums as much. But it seems that at least some of the people who were answering my questions are here with me, so it's all good.

3rdEye
08-22-2007, 09:57
in some of my other pursuits, i've checked out a lot of forums, and i am amazed to see the same people frequenting 3,4 or more boards....and posting all day....i wonder how they find the time.

i tend to just find one place i like and stick with it.

and yeah, i often see them posting the same things multiple places