PDA

View Full Version : ultimate tools slash building materials

Jaymeany
08-21-2007, 17:51
What are the ultimate tools AND building materials that are divine?

My number one material is PVC!

cheap, durable and versatile.

JahJahwarrior
08-21-2007, 19:03
Ok, hate to be anal, but if you could please use a slash, "/," rather than typing the word "slash," I would appreciate it. "Slash" is a verb, meaning to cut or slice. "/" is a leaning stick figure with no arms or legs or head, which stands there drunkenly to warn you of a division or comparison. Using the correct word/stick figure makes it much easier to read and correctly comprehend your title slash post. Get my point? The title didn't slash the post, infact usually non-de-clawed cats slash the posts. I need to use a slash, "/," to portray my point best.

Furthermore, your first sentence is a question, which usually requires a question mark, "?," which can be made by pressing shift+slash, or shift+/. Using an exclamation point makes me think of cheap redneck gas stations which misspelled words and dirty windows, like "Mike Slash Betty Qwik Gas Stop."

My favorite building tool? Hammer. Beat to fit, paint to match.

My favorite building material? Wood. If you have a jigsaw and a hammer. And drywall screws.

(for the record, I'm not the spelling nazi or the grammar police, but I honestly had to read the title three or four times before I understood it, and the post was read twice before I comprehended the meaning correctly. Misspelled words are fine, fragments are sometimes ok. But when I get so confused I have to read it multiple times, and it's not for my degree or part of my paid job, I sometimes complain. :) )

And to the OP, I did enjoy how you used the word "divine," it's not a regularly used word, so you get props from me for using it. Don't slash it from your vernacular!

Jaymeany
08-21-2007, 19:09
I will make sure I work on my forum spelling and gram-or. Maybe its because I went to college in SC that I can't function. I'll go over to scuba board to learn the ways of the force then come back here. lol J/K (was that better). I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing. I was paying attention to my dog and cooking dinner as I was dropping a post. I will work on all of your suggetions. Thank you very much.

dallasdivergirl
08-21-2007, 19:32
duct tape & bailing wire.

seriously, my multi-tool is one of my favorite things.

Building material wood. so many shapes, forms and functions.

dmdoss
08-21-2007, 19:41
A good saw and hammer.

JahJahwarrior
08-21-2007, 20:41
I will make sure I work on my forum spelling and gram-or. Maybe its because I went to college in SC that I can't function. I'll go over to scuba board to learn the ways of the force then come back here. lol J/K (was that better). I wasn't paying attention to what I was writing. I was paying attention to my dog and cooking dinner as I was dropping a post. I will work on all of your suggetions. Thank you very much.

Yeah, much better! ;) heck, i'm just sitting here listening to the flatmates tell friends how I labeled all of my kitchenware....don't think they know i'm here and it's a little annoying to be made fun of behind my back. If they don't like it, they can supply their own forks and knives and microwave....

skdvr
08-21-2007, 21:18
I have to say PVC as well... I have quite a few things made out of PVC. Liek Jaymeany says it is cheap and durable.

Phil

quarrydiver
08-21-2007, 22:05
A reciprocating saw makes everything fun and plywood can fix dang near everything.

cgvmer
08-21-2007, 22:41
Duct tape and sawzall

quarrydiver
08-21-2007, 23:27
Duct tape...ultimate tool, building material, and robbery disguise.

chewyjr15
08-21-2007, 23:37
i love my makita really nothign compares in my book, and a good socket set.

kingfish
08-22-2007, 03:55
Gotta be the trowel......spread, cut, dice, flip, stir, dig, screw, cook....etc

Jas.

Foo2
08-22-2007, 15:52
Ok, hate to be anal, but if you could please use a slash, "/," rather than typing the word "slash," I would appreciate it. "Slash" is a verb, meaning to cut or slice. "/" is a leaning stick figure with no arms or legs or head, which stands there drunkenly to warn you of a division or comparison. Using the correct word/stick figure makes it much easier to read and correctly comprehend your title slash post. Get my point? The title didn't slash the post, infact usually non-de-clawed cats slash the posts. I need to use a slash, "/," to portray my point best.

Furthermore, your first sentence is a question, which usually requires a question mark, "?," which can be made by pressing shift+slash, or shift+/. Using an exclamation point makes me think of cheap redneck gas stations which misspelled words and dirty windows, like "Mike Slash Betty Qwik Gas Stop."
(for the record, I'm not the spelling nazi or the grammar police, but I honestly had to read the title three or four times before I understood it, and the post was read twice before I comprehended the meaning correctly. Misspelled words are fine, fragments are sometimes ok. But when I get so confused I have to read it multiple times, and it's not for my degree or part of my paid job, I sometimes complain. :) )

And to the OP, I did enjoy how you used the word "divine," it's not a regularly used word, so you get props from me for using it. Don't slash it from your vernacular!

Dang...Jah Jah....are you sure you have a paid job? You put waaaaay too much thought into that post.

mm_dm
08-22-2007, 15:55
Duct tape and zip ties. Never leave home without 'em...

dallasdivergirl
08-22-2007, 16:05
Duct tape...ultimate tool, building material, and robbery disguise.

So, when ST gets broken into and the guy has duct tape on we can assume it's you?:smilie39:

Harshal
08-22-2007, 16:09
RotoZip / Dremel are fun ..... wood and Pvc both are fun to work with.
Ducttape is only good for disguise when robbing a bank...........lol :smilie39:

robanna
08-23-2007, 08:36
Fix-it-all!
This stuff rocks! Patch a wall, level a floor, I've even used it to make a mold. Dries rock hard in an hour.

i can't do without my cordless drill.

JahJahwarrior
08-23-2007, 09:02
Dang...Jah Jah....are you sure you have a paid job? You put waaaaay too much thought into that post.

Ok so right now I'm a full time student. And I get to write alot of papers about my thoughts on various things. So I do alot of thinking, and some of it leaks out onto the internet. :)