PDA

View Full Version : Last minute updates for 2-28

Dark Wolf
02-25-2009, 05:35
And yet another thread to keep track of..........:D Sorry, but I was afraid some of the info might get missed, and this way I can combine it all to one thread.

I spoke with Captain John last night. Little Wolf, Diving CRNA, and myself will be entering the park early to begin settingup for the treasure hunt, etc. He respectfully asks that everyone else attending please wait at the gate until approximately 0900 for liability reasons.

We also discussed open fires, and he is fine with us having them. He did say that he would have fire wood on site for sale if we don't care to bring any.

He also mentioned that while he will be doing a class on Sunday, the $100 minimum is still required. From the sounds of things with the number of people thinking of diving Sunday, I don't see that this should pose any problem (depending of course on how the Sat. night party goes!).

Really no major changes, but wanted everyone to be aware. I am very excited and looking forward to meeting those of you that I have not yet met.

72 hours 14 minutes and counting........................................:D

DW

gNats
02-25-2009, 08:45
Wow! Thanks DW!

For the people who are not familiar with Oronogo - how will we know how to meet up with everyone at 9am?

Is there only one parking lot?

I guess we need to check in with John first and he can direct us.

Plus, we will be the only ones there... Okay - I've babbled and come up with not a big deal.

Ignore this posting.

Except the Thanks DW. Don't ignore that.

:smiley2:

plot
02-25-2009, 11:35
There's a little shop at the entrance where you park basically anywhere around it and go inside, fill out the waivers, show certs, pay, etc...

After that, and ONLY AFTER THAT, you're allowed to drive into the big parking lot next to the place.

John will be very upset if you drive into the parking lot first then walk back to the shop... there's a sign between the shop and the parking lot that says "stop, go inside first" or something, so follow the directions.

CWSWine
02-25-2009, 12:52
This is the gate out front of Johns... There is some parking in front of the gate and down the road.

http://gallery.me.com/cwswine/100110/IMG_1888/web.jpg
(http://www.me.com/ro/cwswine/Galleries/100110/IMG_1888/web.jpg?ver=12261604710002)

plot
02-25-2009, 13:25
Park where either of those trucks are and then go into the blue building. After you're done in there, you can drive on down to the parking lot.

navyhmc
02-25-2009, 15:26
And for those that are interested, Mrs. CWSWine took the pict. CWSWine is on the left and the guy in the Navy sweats needs no introdiction!

And he ain't afraid of sticks!

cummings66
02-26-2009, 10:43
Good for you Navy, be pretty back if sticks scared you. I haven't kept up on the list of people coming, but it's not unusual to need to park all over the place outside the gate while you're waiting for him to open up. Not a big deal from what I've seen.

KennyD
02-26-2009, 20:34
I'm Screwed due to work related issues and I'm NOT going to make it out.

navyhmc
02-26-2009, 20:54
That sucks Kenny, was looking forward to diving with you again. Any way you can tell them to bugger off this weekend and still keep your job? :smiley36:

bottomdweller
02-26-2009, 21:03

That does suck, I was looking forward to meeting you.
Guess I will just have to drive back down next time you can make it down.
:smiley20:

DivingCRNA
02-27-2009, 07:55

Pppffffftttt! You big PUSS! You did not post this until the forecast said it is cold!

Or did you buy a new leather belt this week and you are eager to try it out? :smilie39:

Sorry you can't make it! Can Bubbles come, so we can include her in our "Ladies of DDCN" Calendar?

Dark Wolf
02-27-2009, 09:43
The poster girls tomorrow may be wearing fur coats!!! Maybe we can get a quick flash...........:D

DW