PDA

View Full Version : Registering Mares

divermax
02-25-2009, 17:16
Hey I just bought a Mares Rebel 12 and Brigade Viper Octo from Scuba Toys, along with some other gear. I was able to register everything else with the other manufacturers, but not the Mares reg/octo. Anyone know how to register with Mares? Does Scuba Toys do that for you with Mares?

Just want to make sure I don't blow my warranty by not registering in time.

Thanks!

CODMAN
02-26-2009, 06:52
Diver, didn't your mares gear come with blue warranty cards as well as serial number cards? The blue cards should be filled out and sent in to Mares for registration. That's what I've done with all my Mares gear...

Hope this helps!:smiley20:

robjoubert
02-26-2009, 10:53
If you bought your Mares stuff through ST, reistration is taken care of already by ST!! Else I would suggest you PM or call Larry and ask him for his thoughts.

divermax
02-26-2009, 14:28
Thanks for the responses. I did get it through ST, so hopefully they took care of the registration, which I guess is why I didn't get the blue registration cards, but I'll double check with them.

CODMAN
02-27-2009, 06:51
Yes doublecheck... But that doesn't surprise me coming from Scubatoys... Service...Service...Service...:smiley29: When are they going to stop giving us more for our $$$!!!:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

ScubaToys Larry
02-27-2009, 07:15
Mares is actually going through a transition now. Some of their products have cards... some don't. In the end, they will have an online registration - they are working on finishing that now. In reality, registration cards for any company, actually kind of mean nothing. It is not required to register any product to have the warranty. And that is not just scuba - that is the law - for everything. Your toaster, TV, etc.

Registration is just a way for the manufacture to gather data for future promotions, demographic modeling, etc, but for any product you buy in the US, proof of purchase from an authorized dealer is all anyone needs in the case of any warranty claim.

As you may have noticed, right on your receipt, we put the serial number of your regulator, along with the crack pressure, IP, etc for the first and second stages. This is databased, and can also be emailed to a customer in a PDF in case the need ever arises.

And for any of their products where they did not supply the cards, we can send you one if you want to fill it out, but we were working with them on this, and as soon as they have their online registration, we are going to take the data we have on the regs, and batch the data to them.

So don't worry at all about any warranty issue... just worry about taking that thing out for a great dive!

divermax
02-27-2009, 18:19
thanx that works for me. great site and great shop - keep up the good work!:smiley20:

DarinMartell
02-27-2009, 18:36
True you don't have to send a card to get a warranty, but if there is a recall they will send you a notice if you have registered. My parents just had their RV fridge conk out on them. Turns out there was a recall that if the work was done at that time (for free) it would have kept it from happening. Since they never registered it they never knew and now they are out $400 on the labor (parts where still covered) on the full repair. Regs being life support I think it is even more important. Of course if you buy from ST or are on here you will probably hear about the recall, but better to be safe than sorry.