PDA

View Full Version : So How was the dive???

Frogman
02-28-2009, 15:40
:eek::rolleyes::cool::whisper::smiley_scuba:

plot
02-28-2009, 19:03
Check out the thread here for a general idea: http://forum.scubatoys.com/job-well-done/21694-2nd-annual-ddcn-dive-thanks-st-everyone-who-made-out.html

Overall, I got in a few good dives, as did alot of other people I think.

bottomdweller
02-28-2009, 20:04
Dives were good, SI were very cold, But not as bad as I had thought it would be getting out into 28 -30 degree air.
Dive shop was often very crowded !!!

We will have to plan another get together soon cause I ended up with a lot of left over Plates, utenisls, bowls, napkins & condiments

plot
02-28-2009, 20:10
lol, rick (i think?) brought a heated trailor and someone brought a popup camper. neogeo had a tent... plenty of places to be warm. it really came togethor pretty well... if it would've been in the 50's at least, people could have sat around and chatted... as it was, everyone was off to get warm and to get out of the snow.

i vote for bonfire next time.

plot
02-28-2009, 20:19
Taken after it finally quit snowing... which was also about the time we were done diving:

http://www.brainwashed.us/upload/files/images/DSCF1798.JPG

bottomdweller
02-28-2009, 20:20
I had the Pop-Up Camper with heaters!!! It was Quite Toasty!
I had A little wood in the back of the truck, But not enough for a very big fire. I would have brought more had I known no one else was going to bring any. All-in-all it was a good time!
I totally agree with plot, if it was warmer I would have got to know morepeople better, & remember everyones name!

I won Scubaopoly

bottomdweller
02-28-2009, 23:04
I have some pictures, but I am not sure how to load them on here??
Help!!!! I will get them on here at some point.(I hope)

cummings66
03-01-2009, 09:25
I posted a pic in the other thread on it's about time. Taken during the snow when it fell.

I had a fun time.

Beach Bum
03-01-2009, 13:22
it was a great dive all and all the frozen gear was a first for me but only details I agree that if the weather would have been better we would all have had a better chace to mingle more than the small talk huddled around the fire in the shop. Should do it again in better weather and think all would show ad enjoy. For those of us there we all had fun in the snow and for those who were not better luck next time and hope to meet all

Frogman
03-01-2009, 14:56
You should have waited a week!:smiley31:

plot
03-01-2009, 15:11
if we waited a week, yesturday would've been beautiful and next week it would've been 30 and snowing.

neogeo
03-01-2009, 15:13
30? Last I saw it was in the 20's lol

Dark Wolf
03-01-2009, 16:38
Was a great turnout! Again, wish I could have spent more time with you all. Guess we will have to see what the get together in July may bring!! :)

DW

navyhmc
03-01-2009, 19:37
Medicdiver and I finally got home. It was a great time! Good dives and I met a lot of great divers and even greater people. Should have been there frgoman. A good time to say the least.

Frogman
03-02-2009, 10:24
:no_smclr:

Splitlip
03-02-2009, 11:10
You guys are fargin nuts. My hat is off to you, but you are still nuts.

Judging by the pic and the proximity of trees to the dive site, I can see how you get all those sticks in the water.

Taken after it finally quit snowing... which was also about the time we were done diving:

DevilDiver
03-02-2009, 11:31
You guys are fargin nuts. My hat is off to you, but you are still nuts.

Judging by the pic and the proximity of trees to the dive site, I can see how you get all those sticks in the water.

+1 with SL.... No way on the cold (under 70 is cold) and the sticks are kinda freaky. :smiley5:

I am glad everyone had a good time and hope the next get together has better weather. I think it's cool everyone put so much effort into meeting up and diving together. :smiley20:

Good job!!

navyhmc
03-02-2009, 11:40
Here's a picture of Medic and my gear after the first dive:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/IMG_0546.jpg
What the gear spread normally looks like:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/IMG_1842_JPG.jpg

gNats
03-02-2009, 12:34
hahahaha - great photo of the snowed gear Navy!

During the day, I often had the trunk of my rental car open. Needless to say I had snow drifts inside the trunk. On Sunday, when I arrived at the rental place, a porter ran up to the car to assist with my bags.* He did a double-take when I opened the trunk and I still had snow drifts on the inside!

*I must add, of all the cities I have traveled to - Kansas City is the ONLY city to consistently help with baggage. When I met the bus for the rental car agencies, the driver jumped out of his seat, down out of the bus, and took BOTH my bags. Even at the rental desk, the person who took me to my car assisted with the one larger bag. He opened the trunk and I promptly tossed my other bag into the trunk. He actually said, I would have done that. My return to the airport was no different.

I came home to Detroit, yep. You have it. They sat there and watched me struggle. Oh well. I guess that is why I travel. :smiley13:

cowgirldiver
03-02-2009, 13:07
I've had that kind of service at the Dallas airport too-the shuttle bus guy actually looked offended when I tried to take one of my bags. Also, I've had the people at the checkin desk at the OKC airport help me. Maybe I just look like I need the help......

DivingCRNA
03-02-2009, 16:27
They want $1 a bag....

gNats
03-02-2009, 17:15
They want $1 a bag....

Yeah, well at least they WORK for the $1. The chick driving the bus in Detroit expected me to throw her a $1 a bag just to drive the van.

Hey, maybe I should have offered Neo a $1 a tank??????

Dang. I knew there was a reason he wasn't offering to carry my tank up that hill!

plot
03-02-2009, 17:25
i carried it down once, where's my dollar?

Splitlip
03-02-2009, 17:36
My gear would have a coronary. LOL

Here's a picture of Medic and my gear after the first dive:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/IMG_0546.jpg
What the gear spread normally looks like:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/IMG_1842_JPG.jpg

gNats
03-02-2009, 17:44

Damn! It was in the weight pouch!

:smiley36:

CWSWine
03-02-2009, 17:52

Damn! It was in the weight pouch!

:smiley36:
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

rsmith4656
03-02-2009, 22:08
Quite a contrast between the cold shot and the normal shot of Oronogo. It was great to meet all of you guys and gals. I am looking forward to July and the possiblility of a dive then. Ladies, Ladies come on men want to carry anything for a good looking lady, just to be seen near them is a treat. I enjoyed the dives and hope to dive with you girls again.

plot
03-02-2009, 22:22
Quite a contrast between the cold shot and the normal shot of Oronogo. It was great to meet all of you guys and gals. I am looking forward to July and the possiblility of a dive then. Ladies, Ladies come on men want to carry anything for a good looking lady, just to be seen near them is a treat. I enjoyed the dives and hope to dive with you girls again.

then again, maybe we just want to get them in the water as soon as possible to get them to stop talking?

Lulubelle
03-02-2009, 22:26

then again, maybe we just want to get them in the water as soon as possible to get them to stop talking?

Plot, that's COLD. (btw, you're fired).

neogeo
03-03-2009, 01:19
I did get gnat to dress me Dark Wolf was witness!!

navyhmc
03-03-2009, 01:24
Neo, I hate to tell you this but DW makes a lousy witness. No film, didn't happen.... :D

plot
03-03-2009, 16:32

thats fine, gnats is more than i can handle. :smiley16:

gNats
03-03-2009, 16:41

thats fine, gnats is more than i can handle. :smiley16:

so you admit you were no match for me?

medicdiver
03-03-2009, 16:47
Don't Cougars stalk their prey and then pounce on the them?

wheelman
03-03-2009, 16:52
Don't Cougars stalk their prey and then pounce on the them?

I believe that's right... then they drag them up into a tree or leave them in a shallow grave covered with sticks.

neogeo
03-03-2009, 16:53
sounds kinky....