PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the DDCN Dive

navyhmc
03-02-2009, 13:42
As has been said, it was great to meet and dive with everyone. It was also nice to be able to put faces and more importantly people to the names here on ST. The first dive with Cummings66 and Wheelman was great. I only wish the vis was better for a shot at the dog house. Next time guys!

I did wish the weather would have cooperated more and DW/LW were well, but in a way, the weather only added to the event. And when you think about it, the weather made the 2nd Annual DDCN dive even more memorable. At least now when someone asks what a "Hard Core Diver" is, I can not only tell them but can give good examples of who they are.

How are we going to top this one DW?

The only regret I had was that lunch didn't go as planned. Other than that, a great time! Now I have to figure out what to do with 3 cases of pop and 2 cases of Gatoraid. :smiley36:

plot
03-02-2009, 13:47
DivingCRNA got a surprise when he was packing up his grill and realized everyone had left their food for him to take home... :smiley36:

gNats
03-02-2009, 15:39
Unfortunately, we didn't have a dedicated coordinator in DW's absence. DivingCRNA handled the treasure hunt and I tried to cook garlic toast, but only managed to forget it was on the grille and burn it :smiley11:.

(Actually, the inside was raw and cold and the outside was charred - double :smiley11::smiley11:).

DivingCRNA
03-02-2009, 17:24
I fired up the grill, but no one cooked anything. gNats burned some stuff, but no cooking happened!

The food is in my freezer if anyone wants to claim it as theirs, btw.

navyhmc
03-02-2009, 17:36
I saw the grill, but didn't know it was cooking. Oh well, it was still a great time.

Dark Wolf
03-02-2009, 21:07
I am very glad that everyone had a great time!! That was so important to me. I don't know about topping it, but the July 4 get together ought to be good!! We get to play with fireworks after all!!!! :D

Again, I am glad that everyone had fun. I see many more of these in our future......

DW

rsmith4656
03-02-2009, 21:34
I am very glad that everyone had a great time!! That was so important to me. I don't know about topping it, but the July 4 get together ought to be good!! We get to play with fireworks after all!!!! :D

Again, I am glad that everyone had fun. I see many more of these in our future......

DW
Thank you all for being the hard core divers that you are. While it was cold there Saturday it was not the coldest I have seen it. It was a good day to dive with so many good people. It was refreshing to meet so many great people and I thank you all. Untill our next dive, keep safe. Dive Safe