PDA

View Full Version : Settled In Orlando

TommyB
08-21-2007, 21:58
We'll finally settled in. Orlando area.

Looks like my first dive here may be Alexander Springs on Thursday.
Then Maybe hit Lake Denton on Sat.

Couple folks are heading out to Boynton for Beach/Boat dives, but does not
look like I'll make that one.. Maybe next week when wife is in Boston, then Paris :)

Kinda sucks being the new kid on the block so to speak, and not knowing any of the sites, people etc..

NitroWill
08-21-2007, 22:00
Just moved here? Im in orlando.. Im heading to Lake Denton tomorrow if you want to go..I might go thursday too if you want to go..

TommyB
08-21-2007, 22:16
Just moved here? Im in orlando.. Im heading to Lake Denton tomorrow if you want to go..I might go thursday too if you want to go..

Yep, Moved from Dallas to Orlando about a week ago.
We're in Hunter's Creek Area for next 4 months while we look for our new home- She's pretty much decided we're going to be living in Live Oak Estates ares (lake hart / Lake Nona ) area :)

You heading to Denton with that Dayo Group?

NitroWill
08-21-2007, 22:18
Cool - not far..im in disney territory..
hunters creek is a good area..

Nope, im going with me and my buddy tomorrow and possibly by myself thurs if noone else wants to go..you're welcome to join - its pretty nice - and free!

NitroWill
08-22-2007, 17:48
You up for Lake Denton tomorrow??

sidneydiver
08-23-2007, 00:45
Welcome to Orlando! I'm here and available for diving too, but I'm only free on Sundays and Mondays. I work the rest of the week. It would be great to meet up with more divers.

TommyB
08-23-2007, 05:58
Friday Heading to Lake Denton.
Then 31st - 4th will be Blue Springs

5th - 7th is Open (pick a spot and I'll meet ya there)
Long as Larry does not have to many new things he want's to add to the
forums -- :)

8th and 9th Wife and I will be heading out diving somewhere :)

You're more then welcome to join us.

creggur
08-23-2007, 07:50
Welcome to Florida. I'm in Jax, about 2.5 hours away, but if you are ever going to the springs in the Gainesville area give me shout, I can make it over there most weekends...

PlatypusMan
08-23-2007, 08:04

What are you--Mormon??!

8th AND 9th Wife??

TommyB
08-23-2007, 22:22

What are you--Mormon??!

8th AND 9th Wife??

Good one :)

hmm, you've heard of plan b, plan c-- Guess I'm working on Plan J or K :)
Seeing how the other 6 or 7 wives did not work out-- :smilie39:

Anyways--

Trip was to Blue Springs instead of Alexander Springs, who would have thunk 68F water would require a ghetto farmer-john.
Had on my full 3/2 and 3/2 shorty and was still cold--

Got to about 57ft and ran into that little sign that says "Turn Back" unless cave certified --
Was a blast. I think the wife will have fun there on the 31st/1st unless we do Denton Lake before they
close it down.

sidneydiver
08-24-2007, 00:37
We dove Blue Springs a couple of weeks ago and I went without a wetsuit. It was a bit chilly!
Are they closing Lake Denton?

TommyB
08-24-2007, 07:55
Are they closing Lake Denton?

That's the info i gathered. I heard they were going to close it down by the end of sept.

sidneydiver
08-24-2007, 10:16
I just read an article about them closing Lake Denton. That's a pain, we do a lot of training and teaching there. I believe there are another couple of lakes that you can dive in down there but I'm not sure about their locations. Does anyone know anything?

JahJahwarrior
08-24-2007, 14:01
Hey guys, I'm new to Orlando myself, a UCF student.

I'm open for diving on Saturdays and Wednesdays. I am free next Friday too. I might be free Monday mornings. I have air in the tanks and want to get wet, if anyone is free anytime soon I'd love to go dive!