PDA

View Full Version : nite rider canister lights

underh2o
03-04-2009, 16:04
looking to purchase a nite rider. anyone ever dove one please give advise. tellme bout this product.

Scott

oddbod
03-05-2009, 05:32
I've had a single head Pro-diver for over a decade, never flooded it ( a miracle for me ) only problem was a cracked wire at the end where it went through the gland to the canister, probably caused by screwing/unscrewing the cap over time. The old halogen globe was very poor, compared to todays standards and have just finished putting in a LED Drop-in unit, massive improvment:smiley20:. New ones must be vastly improved. but there are some great canister torches out there that may be more value for money.

crpntr133
03-05-2009, 10:24
No problems here. I bought mine used and sent it in for some updates. Everyone that I spoke with was really friendly and turn around was super.
From my experience in researching my purchase you probably won't find a ton of people that have them but those that do love them.

underh2o
03-05-2009, 21:17
please give me ideas in the price range. Ive looked at diverite, salvo, oms, niterider. nite rider is more in my price range so far. i have looked online and ebay but, little scared don't want to waste my money.

thanks scott

crpntr133
03-05-2009, 21:35
It has been a couple years that I bought mine but I think I paid $250 for it used. I sent it in and had the wet connectors put on and also bought a y for the video. Not sure what that cost me but it was reasonable.
I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the brands you mentioned. It just depends upon what you want and how much you want to spend. I feel that most of them you pay for the name.

Two that I have been looking at for the future are the Salvo 12W LED and the DR LED. I like the Salvo since it is a sealed battery design. No catches to mess with. It reminds me a lot of the Nite Rider in that respect.

Thought of something else. If you go used with DR there are a lot of them that had troubles. I did a lot of reading online and finally decided not to go with DR unless I knew for sure what I was getting and who I was buying it from.

scubamarc
03-07-2009, 06:59
Greate customer service!

i have a blackwater 3000, I like it alot. I had the head flood once, and the copper connections corroded. Nite Rider fix both issues for free in 1 week. The flooding was my fault. Copper connection, could have been from not cleaning inside the wet connect.

Darthwader
06-26-2009, 09:21
looking to purchase a nite rider. anyone ever dove one please give advise. tellme bout this product.

Scott

I'm bumping this Querry instead of opening up another thread.
I have, aparantly, a Blackwater 3000 I picked up in trade and was wondering the same thing. durability, battery life (actual, but suggested mfg rating), etc.

is Nite Rider very common?

crpntr133
06-26-2009, 11:40

Scott

I have, aparantly, a Blackwater 3000 I picked up in trade and was wondering the same thing. durability, battery life (actual, but suggested mfg rating), etc.

Most of your questions are going to depend upon how much it was used and how well it was taken care of. The battery may be shot and then again it might last another 20 years. Durability, if it is a HID light they are more fragile that the others.
Is Nite Rider common... you don't hear much about them in diving but most that use them are cave divers, or so it seems. They have been around for many years so they must be doing something right. They really seem to be popular in the bike industry.

Darthwader
06-27-2009, 00:52

Scott

Most of your questions are going to depend upon how much it was used and how well it was taken care of. The battery may be shot and then again it might last another 20 years. Durability, if it is a HID light they are more fragile that the others.
Is Nite Rider common... you don't hear much about them in diving but most that use them are cave divers, or so it seems. They have been around for many years so they must be doing something right. They really seem to be popular in the bike industry.

I'd say this is a well used, well maintained light. It was owned by a wreck diver who has a couple of the same model. I'm figuring that it'll served my needs very well, but it's probably past its prime.