PDA

View Full Version : Diverite 700 LED

tedwhiteva
03-09-2009, 19:32
Does anyone have experience with it? Thinking of converting my 10W HID but am leary about the beam width. When I asked DR, they said the HID was 6 degrees, the 700 LED "a bit more" whatever that means. Would appreciate any user feedback. The conversion is the same price as a new bulb!:icon_question:

UCFKnightDiver
03-09-2009, 20:02
I think I heard it was around 13 deg.. have dove with a friend that had it and it was a bit difuse, and didnt penetrate as far... but still it seemed like a pretty decent light... persoanally Id go with a salvo 21w or the dive rite 15w if I were you.

Gombessa
03-09-2009, 20:05
Does anyone have experience with it? Thinking of converting my 10W HID but am leary about the beam width. When I asked DR, they said the HID was 6 degrees, the 700 LED "a bit more" whatever that means. Would appreciate any user feedback. The conversion is the same price as a new bulb!:icon_question:

A decostop member's comparison of the MR11 (10 watt HID) to the LED700:

After 4 days of diving, I'm luke warm about the LED. As mentioned, it's more natural color, but does not have the punch of an HID. And for cave diving, that punch is really appreciated. Signaling is a bear with the 500 LED.

The big plus is that I won't have to replace a bulb every year. He actually means the LED700 even thought the quote says LED500. He has a video up here too - you can see the lack of hotspot with the LED and generally more uniform dispersion. YouTube - Dive RIte 700 LED vs MR11 Canister Light (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzZOS2gFi9Q)

tedwhiteva
03-10-2009, 05:46
Thanks Gombessa - I found that too after I posted here.

Rox - Understand about the Salvo and DR 15W - was looking to use my existing canister and batteries/charger -$150 is a lot less than either of those.

Looking at the video, and with my frequent use in low vis (10') I think I'll stay with the 10W HID head for now and re-evaluate when the bulb goes.

thanks both of you

Alexvizzio
04-01-2009, 23:15
Today I dove in caves with a LED Hydro Light Scula 10 watts as a primary light and...it was amazing! I have to say I was pretty satisfied, so much than Iīm thinking to drop my HID Dive Rite 10 W, I really liked the light penetration since it didnīt diffuse as much as other LED lights. I couldnīt find in their website what the light angle was but, I found it very penetrating. I really recommend it.

Scuba_Moron
04-02-2009, 22:53
Diverite has a new 900 lumens led due out in about two weeks. The beam supposedly has a 6 degree focus. Why not see if you can convert it to the new model.

CWSWine
04-03-2009, 09:24
Diverite has a new 900 lumens led due out in about two weeks. The beam supposedly has a 6 degree focus. Why not see if you can convert it to the new model.

I was told to wait on light and they were going to release the new LED with the inventories of the 700 were nearly gone. I wasn't given any specs but was told that the new lights wouldn't cost that much more then the old 700 but were lot nicer light. I was also told that there will be a couple of new lights released by summer.

Edit: Check Diverite site and the specs are now on the site.
1000 lumens of illumination
LED array 10,000 hour life
4-hours of burn time
6,500 Kelvin color temperature
12V 4.5 Amp NiMH Slimline battery
Depth rated to 500 feet (152 m)
Standard elastic hand mount or optional Goodman metal hand mount
Includes NiMH charger and protective case
The 1000 HID will be discounted also in the near future since they are being replaced also.

aperkins
04-06-2009, 07:20
Of course, as soon as I buy my DR700LED they gotta come out with a new one. Urgh!

neogeo
04-23-2009, 02:26
I like the DR700 only 3 dives with it but I dive dark merky water. If if clear water you might thing about a more focused light. jmo