PDA

View Full Version : Ice Is Melting

17-40
03-09-2009, 21:00
Its about time the ice is off Pymatuning Lake in Nortwest PA. going to start my muk diving again this Wednesday can't wait. Conneaut Lake aint far behind will be going there soon also. Tired of the pools sessions need some cold water. Must try out some of the new gear I picked up over the winter. Local dive shop in Cortland Ohio that is shutting down. Got a ton of gear at great prices. Can't wait to plan a trip to White Star soon also.

crosseyed95
03-10-2009, 20:39
need some cold water

:metoo:

gNats
03-11-2009, 14:25
WhiteStar reported open water last weekend and was allowing OW divers in the water. The first time since the NYD dive.

I was packed and ready to head to the quarry but wussed out at the buckets of rain hitting Metro Detroit. A quick look on NOAA reported anticipated t-storms in Gibsonburg during the afternoon hours.

Diving in the rain doesn't bother me, but loading the car, unloading the car, gearing up, ungearing, loading the car, and once again unloading the car screamed "THIS SUX!"

So, I stayed home and read.

I sure wish the quarries were open all weekends this month. Looks like drier weather coming up. :smiley20:

PvtStash
03-12-2009, 01:46
cantwait cantwait cantwait! :)

would like to get in 3-4 that day...

17-40
03-12-2009, 11:39
We are antisipating a dive at whitestar soon but probly not opening weekend. We went out last night in the local lake vis sucked. So much rain and wind mud was kicked up pretty bad. Any one around my area know about Dinardos quarry is it clear yet thinking about making a drive the wrong way home from work one night tofind out. Does anyone know what Lake Erie is like this time of year around the erie ashtubula area.

crosseyed95
03-12-2009, 17:30
Woke up this morning to -9 degrees. I believe that is a record for coldest temp on March 12th for these parts.

We still have lots of ice on everything. In fact, they are still ice fishing around here.

Good news is that starting tomorrow, the 10 day forecast shows above freezing temps with sunny skies.

The reason I'm complaining is because I'm wondering if someone has some extra government stimulus money that I can have? As of yet, I haven't received any and I'd like to take a trip to Florida. I haven't seen the sun in about 6 months. I promise, I'll use the money wisely by injecting cash into the charter business, dive shop business and tiki hut business.

DarthWader - If I get some stimulus money from someone on ST, I'll buy you a plane ticket.

crosseyed95

17-40
03-12-2009, 19:44
I was in Travers City week before the bays froze over and didn't get to go out the 3 feet of snow in the way helped that out. Our ice may have melted but teh temps dropped back down on us again.