PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tampa

jmmacdougall2
08-22-2007, 12:09
I just signed up recently. I'm not a diver yet, but I'm hoping to get certified with my wife in a year (need to scrape up the $$ for both of us first).

Came to the store site on the recommendation of a post on another board, and stumbled across the link to the forums while looking around there.

I don't plan on participating in anything until I get closer to becoming cert'ed, but I thought it would just be rude to keep lurking around and not say hello to everyone. This forum is one of the nicest I've come across, so far.

So, hello everyone!

deepdiver47
08-22-2007, 12:18
Welcome JM, lurking is a great way to learn about things. It is a great place to conduct research as we have smart and experienced divers.
Don't be afraid to post if you have a question. We will not throw rocks at you for doing so :)

Foo2
08-22-2007, 12:29
Welcome to ST jmmacdougall2! I totally agree with Deapdiver47...this is a great place to learn and you'll just be that much more knowledgeable when you get your cert. Happy posting!

jmmacdougall2
08-22-2007, 12:30
Thanks, I figured I'd lurk and learn as much as I could. This place (and a few others) have been invaluable resources. There is nothing quite like standing around a group of people familiar with a subject and listening to them talk about it to help a newb (or prospective newb) learn about it.

Wrayne
08-22-2007, 17:39
Hello and welcome! I'm new here too and working on getting certified, just trying to hang out and learn as much as I can.

Centerius
08-22-2007, 17:45
Welcome to the board! Good luck with your certification and I hope you stick around. :)