PDA

View Full Version : forum HTML issues?

Hollywood703
08-22-2007, 13:07
I noticed a lot of peoples posts have <div> crap all over the place....what is causing this, and how can it be corrected.. it gets really annoying on long posts.....

ertechsg
08-22-2007, 13:13
They are here from before the new form started. Relax do what I do and don't read the long forms

ReefHound
08-22-2007, 13:14
I noticed a lot of peoples posts have <div> crap all over the place....what is causing this, and how can it be corrected.. it gets really annoying on long posts.....

Recent posts? A lot of posts had their formatting trashed when the forum was converted over to vbulletin awhile back. I've not noticed problems after that.

mwhities
08-22-2007, 13:20
There are no issues with the <div> on this forum. The ones you do see, as Reefhound stated, was from the old forum. The tags used on the old forum is not compatible with this one. Just try to read through it quickly. :)

Michael

greyzen
08-22-2007, 15:21
Larry, if you want I think I might know how to fix it... PM me and we can talk more in depth.

Hollywood703
08-22-2007, 17:31
it seems only a few people have them, but i could have swore i saw a few people still posting with them...i'll check the dates.

cummings66
08-24-2007, 12:18
It happened if you edited your post, I know that for sure. Back then, and now too I'll make a post and notice I misstated or misspelled something and edited it. Well, that added what then appeared to be a space and the end of a line and when the board converted those spaces were the DIV's you see now. I've edited some of those earlier postings of mine as I came across them, but some I could not edit for some reason.

Nobody new has had this happen unless they included an old posting ina new one.

TommyB
08-24-2007, 19:01
Larry, if you want I think I might know how to fix it... PM me and we can talk more in depth.

Most of them are old posts -- and no, we're not going to do a search and replace in the mysql database to get rid of them :)

greyzen
08-24-2007, 20:21
Just trying to help :P