PDA

View Full Version : extreme fishing

Beefcake
03-13-2009, 21:17
I'm sure someone here has posted this link, but how about this guy diving from a helicopter onto a marlin's back and wrestling it? I think he just raised the bar a little...

Just for fin, he tackles fish from a helicopter - TODAY People- msnbc.com (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/29653634/?GT1=43001)

navyhmc
03-13-2009, 22:54
I'm going to have to raise the BS flag at least half way on this. More specifically, I am of the opinion that the Marlin in the footage had been recently caught by conventional methods, had just been released and they filmed the footage. Had that been a Marlin fresh for a fight the guy would have had his lunch and his rectum handed to him. No way I can see a man getting the better of a Marlin that is anything but wore out from being hooked and fighting for a while.

I also don't think that the footage taken from the UW angle is of him jumping out of the helo. His jump appeared to be at least 20' high with some forward momentum. The shot of him hitting the water has him stopping in less than 5' of water. If I dive in from 20' and hit the water with anything but a belly flop, I will be going down at least 10', if not 15'. More likely the camera man is right under the boat and he jumped from the deck or at the most the flying bridge.

Not slamming you beefcake, just calling the shot as I see it.

cmburch
03-13-2009, 23:05
Extreme fishing would be more like the movie Waterworld, where Kevin Costner uses himself as bait to catch dinner.

Beefcake
03-13-2009, 23:22
You mean I shouldn't believe everything I see in the news? If I can't trust the Today show, I'm going to have to re-think my whole outlook on life.

waytooslow
03-13-2009, 23:25
I agree on the copter shot, BS, two different shots - but the jet ski episode looks real, I have heard of kayakers catch big blue fish. Bigger heuvos than mine.