PDA

View Full Version : Women Take 24 Hours To Get Ready

Vercingetorix
03-16-2009, 12:28
We men already know this, but it took a research study to prove it.

I will be ready in a day, dear! (http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/89481)

//excuse me while I don my flame-retardant 7mm

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
03-16-2009, 12:57
//Edit: remove post offensive to fellow men. but leaving jab at Scubastud.

//It migth be true, but if women didn't do this, they'd be stuck with guys like Scubastud- and who in their right mind would want that? ;)

Vercingetorix
03-16-2009, 13:40
I notice that article is on the same page as the one about the first female vampire being found. The getting ready story might be true, but the credibility of the news source might be a little lacking.

//If you can't believe what you read on the internet, what can you believe?The female vampire story is erroneous. The first blood-sucker would be my ex-GF from many,many years ago.

Diver Kat
03-16-2009, 13:43
As a permanent resident of this formum I feel compelled to respond :)

First I'd note that we men would be well served by doing more prep work for our dates. A year in advance isn't out the question, depending on what we're planning.

Second, I'd attack the credibility of the source. I notice that article is on the same page as the one about the first female vampire being found. The getting ready story might be true, but the credibility of the news source might be a little lacking.

//If you can't believe what you read on the internet, what can you believe?

Since the attack on the credibility of the source doesn't work since you are (like the typical man) convinced of your assesment, let's explain the behavior in terms someone with a damaged X chromosome can understand...

For argument's sake, let's assume it's all true- Well, she just does it to attract and keep her mates. While it's propbably true, as Lulubelle said in another thread, that a woman can mate whenever and whereever she chooses- the one choice she doesn't have is whom it's with. She's got to out do her competion in order to attract the best mates and especially to keep them interested- since we know how men are.

//If women didn't do this, they'd be stuck with guys like Scubastud- and who in their right mind would want that? ;) You go Girl!! (??? Okay - honorary Girl!!) Way to stick up for the Team!! :smiley36:

gNats
03-16-2009, 14:39
Rick,

You have way too much time on your hands. Perhaps you should attempt some personal grooming of your own, starting with your skewed opinion of women?

>>Okay. I can censor from here down, or I can say to heck with it. What to do. What to do. Hmmmm....

Damn. I chose to censor. Deleted 5 paragraphs of flame. I hate when I get all girlie and don't want to cause a scene. Much easier to walk up to a guy and throw a drink on him.

:smilie40:

gNats
03-16-2009, 18:52
Ok. Last post was / is an example of how to let a computer issue affect your funny bone.

:)

03-16-2009, 18:54
Ok. Last post was / is an example of how to let a computer issue affect your funny bone.

:)

I found it funny :smiley36: Sometimes they don't bite.

divergirl
03-17-2009, 14:41
I've always known I was abnormal for a chick.. but this definately confirms it.

Eurodiver
03-18-2009, 11:22
It might take us 23 hours and 45 minutes but WOW we look good! If we looked like crap all the time them men would say "I sure wish she would spends some time on herself" LOL

// hides the link from her husband, cause he would say 24 my #*$ try like a week.

Vercingetorix
03-18-2009, 12:47
It's odd that in the animal world, it is the male of the species that gets all fancy feathers and fur. Whereas, in the human domain, it's the female who gets all pretty.

03-18-2009, 12:59
It's odd that in the animal world, it is the male of the species that gets all fancy feathers and fur. Whereas, in the human domain, it's the female who gets all pretty.

Wrong!

In the human arena I've seen plenty of cocks strutting their feathers trying to get a hen to pick them.

Some might even say that you and I are doing that right now.

I'll concede (I've been doing that a lot lately :D) that it's true that women do try to get pretty and I for one am glad they do.

Vercingetorix
03-18-2009, 13:13
In the human arena I've seen plenty of cocks strutting their feathers trying to get a hen to pick them.

Some might even say that you and I are doing that right now.Not me, mate. I'm married to a delightful, and fiery, red-head. I wouldn't trade her for anything. She puts-up with all my crap and loves me anyway. She's a keeper. (right, honey?)

I'll concede (I've been doing that a lot lately :D) that it's true that women do try to get pretty and I for one am glad they do.Agreed. However, and I'm sure you've heard this, women dress to impress OTHER women. My wife informed me of this tidbit. Ladies?...true???

03-18-2009, 13:37

Some might even say that you and I are doing that right now.Not me, mate. I'm married to a delightful, and fiery, red-head. I wouldn't trade her for anything. She puts-up with all my crap and loves me anyway. She's a keeper. (right, honey?)

LOL. Maybe you'll be the next to get his man card revoked? :smiley36:

I'll concede (I've been doing that a lot lately :D) that it's true that women do try to get pretty and I for one am glad they do.Agreed. However, and I'm sure you've heard this, women dress to impress OTHER women. My wife informed me of this tidbit. Ladies?...true???

I agree that women try to out-do each other (as do men). The competition among women seems particularly fierce and brutal when you think about it. Could it be because there are so few good mates to choose from? Just a thought. ;)

John Yaskowich
03-18-2009, 14:05
Two quotes I found while searching for an unrelated matter:

"Women take clothing much more seriously than men. I've never seen a man walk into a party and say "Oh, my God, I'm so embarrassed; get me out of here. There's another man wearing a black tuxedo." -- Rita Rudner

"Women want men to look the same. Especially at weddings -- that way, if the groom chickens out, all the guys take one step over. Note that the priest asks, 'Do you take THIS man?' " -- George's Addition to Rita

From The Perriverse: Quotes (http://www.neon-hummingbird.com/quotes/quote12.html)

MSilvia
03-18-2009, 14:11
women dress to impress OTHER women. Ladies?...true???
Is there any doubt?

fanatique
03-27-2009, 10:54
Well at least now the scientific evidence is there to proof what all of us men have been suspecting for the longest time... :)

Desert_Diver
03-28-2009, 08:54
[quote=BouzoukiJoe;282587]However, and I'm sure you've heard this, women dress to impress OTHER women. My wife informed me of this tidbit. Ladies?...true???

Don't know what the women think, but if they WERE dressing for men, naked would probably be best. :smiley20:

PS Jewelry would still be acceptable.

fanatique
03-28-2009, 09:43
[quote=BouzoukiJoe;282587]However, and I'm sure you've heard this, women dress to impress OTHER women. My wife informed me of this tidbit. Ladies?...true???

Don't know what the women think, but if they WERE dressing for men, naked would probably be best. :smiley20:

PS Jewelry would still be acceptable.

:smilie39::smilie39: Never thought of it that way. But I guess by that logic now I understand why they hate guys who stare.

Darn. And I thought all those low-cut, slinky dresses were to try and seduce me...:smiley11: