PDA

View Full Version : Should I blow off work and hit the quarry tomorrow?

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
03-18-2009, 16:07
The quarry's only about 46 degrees right now. But I'm just got my Oxycheq Vertex Extreme today. Nice looking wing.

CompuDude
03-18-2009, 16:37
I was going to say no, but then you had to bring Guinness into the equation. :D

03-18-2009, 16:44
I was going to say no, but then you had to bring Guinness into the equation. :D

I think I know how Scottyd is going to answer, which is the only answer that actually counts in this poll.

He just got his new BP/W, he's off work tomorrow, and he likes Guinness :smiley20:

Scotttyd
03-19-2009, 06:13
I would have to say yes, although I am more of a Amstel/Heinken fan

Tully Mars
03-19-2009, 06:23
I'd vote for a lighter beer too. But most certainly blow off work. Can't believe this is even a question.

03-19-2009, 06:40
I'd vote for a lighter beer too. But most certainly blow off work. Can't believe this is even a question.

Looks like the only question was which beer to bring!

Scotttyd
03-19-2009, 06:57
I will bring some bud I have in the fridge

Lulubelle
03-19-2009, 07:04
Don't freeze out there gents. I don't know if they sell if outside of the bar, but I had something called Imperial Stout at Jack in the Wood in Asheville that put Guiness to shame.

Lulu

PS-FL bound today ;)

Scotttyd
03-19-2009, 07:08
Don't freeze out there gents. I don't know if they sell if outside of the bar, but I had something called Imperial Stout at Jack in the Wood in Asheville that put Guiness to shame.

Lulu

PS-FL bound today ;)
By FL, I hope you mean Fantasy Lake, not Florida!!!

PS, only 105 days until Bonaire

Lulubelle
03-19-2009, 07:11

Lulu

PS-FL bound today ;)
By FL, I hope you mean Fantasy Lake, not Florida!!!

PS, only 105 days until Bonaire

Uh, no, I don't do quarries...yet, I meant Florida!

Spent 8 hours in airports yesterday, so I'm not looking forward to going back today, perhaps the travel Gods will be with me today.

03-19-2009, 08:04
I don't like quarries that much but they're better than work and a helluva lot better than airports.

Have a good trip Lulu!

P.S. You don't have to worry about me freezing anything off- they were confiscated when I gave up my man card ;)

03-19-2009, 08:20
I will bring some bud I have in the fridge

As long as the beer is wet and the suit is dry, it's gonna be a good time. See ya in a few.:smiley20:

Dark Wolf
03-19-2009, 08:25
Hell yes, blow off work!! Hope you guys have some good diving today!!:)

DW
DDCN

03-19-2009, 19:16
Upon the advice of people on this poll ;) I punted on the work thing and met Scotttyd at the quarry.

It was a beautiful day. Water had warmed up to 48 and 50 in the shallows. I dove my new Oxy wing which worked fine as expected. We dove the usual suspects: Bus, plane, glass bottom boat and a submerged rock crusher. The crusher is interesting with lots of swim throughs, old rusted and twisted metal beams, cables, fallen rocks, machinery and the like- actually a bit hazardous if you're not careful.

There's also a tunnel that can be penetrated. I didn't know it was there until late last year. You can pretty much only see it in the winter time. We didn't go in there. I haven't been in there yet, but someone has run a line. There's an opening in the ceiling at the far end. Not sure but I think you might have to push your tanks through to get out. Maybe someday, I'll go inside. Not anytime soon.

After the second dive my hands and arms were very cold (It was a leaking neck seal!) I was glad to get out of the water and very glad that I skipped work.

Thanks for the dives and the beer Scott!

Lulubelle
03-19-2009, 19:23
I don't like quarries that much but they're better than work and a helluva lot better than airports.

True, homeboy, true. Such a wise man are you. I was BACK in the airport today after spending 8 hours in them yesterday.

But I am writing you from sunny Florida, so it's all good.

Glad you enjoyed your dive.

Scotttyd
03-19-2009, 21:03
There's also a tunnel that can be penetrated. I didn't know it was there until late last year. You can pretty much only see it in the winter time. We didn't go in there. I haven't been in there yet, but someone has run a line. There's an opening in the ceiling at the far end. Not sure but I think you might have to push your tanks through to get out. Maybe someday, I'll go inside. Not anytime soon.

that enterance is a no-mount entrance by the weel, you are nuts if you go in there, well you can, I will stay away.

A good day, the back is sore from the first dive in the BP/W, but then again, just getting used to it and the different trim. But all in all I think I will like it much better than the BC.

03-19-2009, 21:43

that enterance is a no-mount entrance by the weel, you are nuts if you go in there, well you can, I will stay away.

:smilie39: Every time I think about it I come to the same conclusion. Nuts. The entrance I think is backmount but the exit behind the wheel- definitely not.

A good day, the back is sore from the first dive in the BP/W, but then again, just getting used to it and the different trim. But all in all I think I will like it much better than the BC.

Thanks for coming out.