PDA

View Full Version : Noob diver questions

Illini_Fan
07-11-2007, 21:00
Did you take your class through Scuba Toys? I see your location as being the UK.

Although I think this is true of my open-water classes, I can only speak for my class with Scuba Toys; they provided all necessary equipment for my open-water divers other than mask, fins and snorkel.

CompuDude
07-11-2007, 21:48
ScubaToys should be able to handle all of your diving equipment needs for year to come.

Venio
07-11-2007, 22:15
They will have the same stuff you used in the pool, BCD, reg, weights and tank for the lake. You will need to pick them up Friday from the store. If you have decided on buying some of the equipment, go ahead and do it. I've used all mine stuff for the pool but the tank.

I'll suggest to you getting dive computer. I don't think we'll use it for the check dive but it will be so handy later.

Are you going this weekend for your checkout dives? If so, well be doing it together.

P.S. Which team do you follow in the Premiership?

Harshal
07-17-2007, 11:56
Bring your own swim trunks............lol ST would not provide that :)
<DIV>You should be fine, like everybody said, pick up your gear day before your checkout dive and have fun......... goodluck and let us know how your check out dives go.</DIV>

Liv7301
07-17-2007, 14:53
Do you still have to pick gear up from the store? Now that the pavillion is open at Clear Springs I thought they would be storing a lot of the rental/class gear out there.

Venio
07-17-2007, 15:20
At least you would have to pick up the tank. I took the OW class this past weekend where I used my own gear, just got a tank from ST. This monday I had to return it to the store. Which leads me to think they will keep the tanks there. The instructor, however, asked the rest to leave their regs and BC's at the pavilion. You may want to check with the store.

Vercingetorix
07-17-2007, 15:46
You have to pickup wetsuit and weights/weightbelt from the store. Although, they may have some weights at the pavillion storage locker.

eric4435
07-17-2007, 19:55
A question I can never seem to find the answer to. What should you use as a dive log? Any notebook an pen or do you actually have to buy a specific log? Probably a dumb question to some smileys/smiley17.gif but I can't find this anywhere!

Venio
07-17-2007, 21:59
I'm using similar to this (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZipperDiveLog) one.

medic001918
07-17-2007, 22:37
I keep on online log book at diverecord.com. But my fiance prefers to keep a written log book. It's all about prefrence. The written book is easier to take places.

Shane

CompuDude
07-18-2007, 01:07
A question I can never seem to find the answer to. What should you use as a dive log? Any notebook an pen or do you actually have to buy a specific log? Probably a dumb question to some smileys/smiley17.gif but I can't find this anywhere!
Any notebook could work, or even a pile of scraps of paper, but pre-printed logbooks available at any dive shop tend to be preferred, because filling in a form is easier than remembering a laundry list of things you should consider logging.

przeor
07-18-2007, 04:58
my wife made log sheets for us to use. We just print off a bunch at a time, and carry them in a three ring binder. If you want me to email you a copy, just send me a PM with your email address and I can shoot one off.